The golf resort owned by American billionaire, Donald Trump, reported a loss of over €2.5 million

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
image.jpg

The Doonbeg resort was bought by Donald Trump last year for around €8.7 million

TIGL Ireland Enterprises Limited, which operates Trump International Golf Links and Hotel in Doonbeg, Co Clare, recorded post-tax losses of €2,549,801 in its first year since the business tycoon acquired the resort.

Donald Trump-owned Irish golf resort records €2.5m loss

I don't find that to be unusual, even though I have trouble with Trump's business practices.

Not every thing can be a profit.
and you cant base one success on a loss from just one of his properties
If that were the case we could certainly claim that the democrats are total failures because we can point at a loss with specific programs like welfare and the failed obamacare.
I guess the liberals finally agree that these programs prove to be great burdens and should be eliminated along with those that support them

I suppose next they'll be demanding to see his tax returns.

what's dumb about them highlighting this petty stuff. it shows he at least knows how to run a business. and has had A REAL job in life and is not just some Career Politician who job was : Sucking a living off us taxpayers.

image.jpg

TIGL Ireland Enterprises Limited, which operates Trump International Golf Links and Hotel in Doonbeg, Co Clare, recorded post-tax losses of €2,549,801 in its first year since the business tycoon acquired the resort.

Yeah? So what? That's what declaring bankruptcy is for.

So, when he becomes President, he will solve America's debt by declaring bankruptcy?

America would be telling the Chinese regime to "get stuffed'!

I am not a fan of corporate shenanigans, but I would like to see the Chinese dictatorship left high and dry!

Uhm, what's the point? Under the current leadership, we as a nation have bled red ink to the tune of what, $8,000,000,000,000 over six years?

That, to me, is a bit more notable.

So, when he becomes President, he will solve America's debt by declaring bankruptcy?

I am not a fan of corporate shenanigans, but I would like to see the Chinese dictatorship left high and dry!

When Trump becomes President, he will solve all America's problems with cheap sound bytes, bad comb-overs, and incessant duck lips. Isn't that what governing is all about?

And his college transcripts. And his birth certificate. And they'll be claiming no one can recall knowing him in college.

Oh, wait...

When Trump becomes President, he will solve all America's problems with cheap sound bytes, bad comb-overs, and incessant duck lips. Isn't that what governing is all about?
Everyone knows its about causing racial discontent, drinking beer in the garden and playing golf

image.jpg

During Sec Clinton's tenure at the State Department.....billions of dollars disappeared.

State Dept. “Missing” $6 Billion Under Secretary Hillary Clinton – The Minority Report Blog

Question

Is the golf course financially insolvent, or is this an adjustment period due to its just opening?

Most businesses lose money in their first years of operation, so why is it surprising to see this one lose money in its first year?

And his college transcripts. And his birth certificate. And they'll be claiming no one can recall knowing him in college.

Oh, wait...

After the far left clown show last night, what does that have to do with the issues..

Come on you need your far left programming update or did it fail already?

Everyone knows its about causing racial discontent, drinking beer in the garden and playing golf

Then the OP does indeed raise a valid concern. How can Trump play golf if he is bankrupting all the courses?

image.jpg

Yeah? So what? That's what declaring bankruptcy is for.

wow, that was dumb

image.jpg

Here's some pertinent information that you deliberately omitted::

In the company’s financial statements, its directors note that the substantial losses were due to the write-off of various start-up costs incurred as part of the acquisition of the business.

The golf course is currently being redesigned and will not be fully operational until 2016. This is likely to result in further losses being incurred this year, according to the directors’ report.

Question

Is the golf course financially insolvent, or is this an adjustment period due to its just opening?

Most businesses lose money in their first years of operation, so why is it surprising to see this one lose money in its first year?

More general than that, probably. The leisure and hospitality business can be fickle, particularly when you're looking at high end resort type locations. This same resort could turn an 8 million pound profit next year, then barely break even the year after that. Several years ago at an old job there was one year in particular where I recall that up through the month of August were still in the red for the year. But by the end of the year we turned a $9 million profit.

Forum List

Back