The Gotham Creeps

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a story about urban paranoia, exploring some of the more eerie faces of Gotham City presented in Batman (DC Comics) vigilante storyboards.

I'd love to see the Mad Hatter as the Bat-villain in the next solo Batman film (perhaps James Van Der Beek could portray the super-villain).

====

It was Halloween Eve in Gotham City, and Bruce Wayne (aka, 'Batman') studied his computer notes about the city's two newest nemeses --- Green Imp and Yellowbeard. Green Imp was a genetically deformed villain who was further mutated by a toxic waste truck accident and now possessed the power to burn people just by touching them. Yellowbeard was a former executive at Wayne Enterprises but had decided to dye his beard yellow and become a 'night-bandit' (vandalizing homes and stores in the cover of darkness).

Batman knew that Gotham City had been catering to dangerous borders of criminal insanity for some time now, and even though the ominous Black Mask crime syndicate and the Red Hood Gang were incarcerated in Arkham Asylum, the roaming of the Green Imp and Yellowbeard compelled Batman to study criminal pathology by watching American horror films such as A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Batman theorized that Green Imp and Yellowbeard fantasized being 'super-human' (not unlike the super-psychos portrayed in the horror films he was studying). Since it was Halloween Eve, Batman conjectured that Green Imp and Yellowbeard might forge a fiendish union and attack the GCPD together, perhaps armed with machine-guns. Batman arrived at the Gotham City police station (in his bat-copter) and noticed Green Imp and Yellowbeard were already there (armed with machine-guns!).

Jim Gordon, the police commissioner, was so grateful that Batman had apprehended and incarcerated Green Imp and Yellowbeard (using a rope-gun, tear-gas grenades, and tranquilizer darts) in Arkham Asylum. Now, Gordon asked the Dark Knight to go one step further and interview the two ghouls for notes about their incarceration/treatment. Batman was reluctant but accepted the pseudo-religious mission.

GREEN IMP: Do you think you can cure us in here, Batman?
YELLOWBEARD: We belong to the city --- and to the night!
BATMAN: I'm sure you two are happy, but you need treatment.

GREEN IMP: What we need are good sedatives.
YELLOWBEARD: I need video games in my cell!
BATMAN: You can't avoid your problems; Arkham isn't a cave.

GREEN IMP: I don't appreciate being treated like a juvenile.
YELLOWBEARD: I want ten lawyers!
BATMAN: You'll get legal counsel, but right now, please calm down.

GREEN IMP: What would you have us do in here, Batman?
YELLOWBEARD: Shall we sing to the other inmates?
BATMAN: I want you to tell the doctors how best to motivate you to be peaceful.

GREEN IMP: I want a Bible in my cell.
YELLOWBEARD: I want weekly visits by a Catholic priest.
BATMAN: I'll arrange spiritual counsel; but please seek your own world-space.

====

trolls.jpg

Forum List

Back