The greatest boxer of all time just made $9 million in 2 minutes... SPEECHLESS

greatest of all time?....if you say so....
Pound for pound Mayweather is without equal.
just your opinion.....these guys put him at no.29....thats their opinion...

The Top 50 Pound-for-Pound Boxers of All Time
The comments speak pretty clearly about the deficiencies of that list. two undefeated world champions are way down the list while Duran is near the top?

Puhleeze!
you also have to consider the quality of opponents that they faced....boxing aint what it was at one time....you would have to probably go by decade....my dad used to tell me Rocky Marciano would kick Ali's ass, a guy who weighed 188 pds against a guy who outweighed him by 30 pounds and was fast and who can take punches by other big guys....i told my dad i dont think so....

Fight was a joke.
Everyone knew the outcome before it even started.
I stopped watching boxing after the ear biting incident.

I believe Gerry Cooney cried "he hit me in the throat" vs. Larry Holmes broke down many a casual boxing fans attendance forever. Maybe he was not crying but, uh block your throat fool or whatever it takes to stay alive in the ring?

Although, recent 30-30 showing Douglas over Tyson was quite a good story,

Isn't it strange that the NFL can be sued by ex-players with head/brain injuries, but boxing seems to get a pass.

Think about it. We have a league where participants wear helmets to protect their heads, along with rules that prevent other participants from targeting the head.
Then we have this other "sport" where not only do the participants not wear anything to protect their heads, the whole objective is to bash each others heads.

There is no league or any other responsible party to sue in boxing. A boxer can fight any number of opponents for any number of promoters during his career. Who can identify what fight or what promoter is "legally responsible"?

Although IMHO, its all a load of shit anyhow. The young men competing in violent sports know what they are getting into upfront and realize that they could be seriously fucked up by their participation, but they decide to take a chance anyhow. I played High School Football- and BTW was a superb guard as well as center and know what could happen.

Watch Floyd Mayweather destroy Tenshin in 2 minutes, knocking him down three times

I am speechless. Amazing and flawless performance.

floyd-mayweather-tenshin-nasukama

Mayweather's greatest fight was against the world's largest athlete 10 years ago at Wrestlemania IMHO.

When Ali and Inoki fought a boxer v wrestler bout in the 1970's, it was pretty dull.

But 30 years afterwards, in a similar fight, Mayweather's KO over the Big Show was a masterpiece.

Fight was a joke.
Everyone knew the outcome before it even started.
I stopped watching boxing after the ear biting incident.
...I remember my co-worker said he was going to watch that fight
..I said Tyson was an idiot and would do something stupid--and I was right

Mayweather is good, but he’s not the greatest of all time. How good you are, depends on how good your opponent is. Going against the literal best when there were so many excellent fighters, is a lot harder than going against people who aren’t even shadows of those who came before.

Mayweather better than Ali and Robinson? Ha - The Ring

I could walk into a Junior High School playground and beat them all, that doesn’t make me the best. It just means I am king of a pathetic playground without any real competition.

Mayweather is good, but he’s not the greatest of all time. How good you are, depends on how good your opponent is. Going against the literal best when there were so many excellent fighters, is a lot harder than going against people who aren’t even shadows of those who came before.

I could walk into a Junior High School playground and beat them all, that doesn’t make me the best. It just means I am king of a pathetic playground without any real competition.
I could walk into a Junior High School playground and beat them all
you sure about that?.....

I could walk into a Junior High School playground and beat them all
you sure about that?.....

I would hope so or the Army wasted a lot of your tax dollars on me.

The greases were Sugar Ray and Ali, anyone thinking Floyd is the greatest is full of it, he is the greatest at knocking out of defenseless women, if that is what you want to be noted for.

Ali has 5 losses. Mayweather has 0 losses.

If Mayweather fought Ali ..
Trust me.... He would have a loss.
And yes I realize that they are different
Categories.

Jo

Well no shit.

Look, I'm not claiming Mayweather is better than Ali, I'm just strictly looking at their records, and if you've never lost that goes a long way in rating boxers.

Mayweather deserves the title of greatest.

Jo

Isn't it strange that the NFL can be sued by ex-players with head/brain injuries, but boxing seems to get a pass.

Think about it. We have a league where participants wear helmets to protect their heads, along with rules that prevent other participants from targeting the head.
Then we have this other "sport" where not only do the participants not wear anything to protect their heads, the whole objective is to bash each others heads.
Nobody really gives a fuck about boxing anymore. It has been dying for a few decades.

Forum List

Back