The Greatest Danger to Israel is the Stupidity of Its Leaders.

Semitic Action seems a likely candidate, to me. "Semitic Action (Hebrew: ?????? ?????*, HaPeulah Hashemit) was a small Israeli political group of the 1950s and 1960s which sought the creation of a regional federation encompassing Israel and its Arab neighbors..." "In 1958 the group published a platform, titled 'The Hebrew Manifesto.' "It described the 'Hebrew nation' in Israel as a new entity, albeit one linked to the Jewish diaspora, and called for moving beyond outmoded Zionist ideas that were now holding back the nation's development.[6] "It put forward a program of secularism, complete civic equality between Jews and Arabs, support for anti-colonial movements, and a relationship with the diaspora based on national interest rather than ethnic, religious, or cultural ties."
Semitic Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Funny, so, how did they plan to "secularize" arabs? hehehehehe
Ask Nasser.
Then ask Sharon how to humanize a Zionist.

Semitic Action seems a likely candidate, to me. "Semitic Action (Hebrew: ?????? ?????*, HaPeulah Hashemit) was a small Israeli political group of the 1950s and 1960s which sought the creation of a regional federation encompassing Israel and its Arab neighbors..." "In 1958 the group published a platform, titled 'The Hebrew Manifesto.' "It described the 'Hebrew nation' in Israel as a new entity, albeit one linked to the Jewish diaspora, and called for moving beyond outmoded Zionist ideas that were now holding back the nation's development.[6] "It put forward a program of secularism, complete civic equality between Jews and Arabs, support for anti-colonial movements, and a relationship with the diaspora based on national interest rather than ethnic, religious, or cultural ties."
Semitic Action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Funny, so, how did they plan to "secularize" arabs? hehehehehe
Ask Nasser.
Ahh. Through secular dictatorship. How's "democracy" doin'?
Then ask Sharon how to humanize a Zionist.
Non sequitur drivel.

The greatest danger is the stupidity of our leaders.
And the greatest stupidity is lapping Avnery's stupid little ideas, of course.

Indeed.

Israel has survived. Against tremendous odds. This suggested to me that its leaders have been getting important things right.

Mr Avnery lives in Israel where he is free to express his opinions. I see no reason at all to share them.

The greatest danger is the stupidity of our leaders.

Indeed.

Israel has survived. Against tremendous odds. This suggested to me that its leaders have been getting important things right.

Mr Avnery lives in Israel where he is free to express his opinions. I see no reason at all to share them.
Israel as a Jewish state would have never come into existence much less survived without billions of dollars in aid from the US and England. Early Zionists made no attempt to hide their dependence on an Iron Wall of Bayonets in order to conquer the majority population of Palestine.

Indeed. Israel has survived. Against tremendous odds. This suggested to me that its leaders have been getting important things right.
Israel as a Jewish state would have never come into existence much less survived without billions of dollars in aid from the US and England. Early Zionists made no attempt to hide their dependence on an Iron Wall of Bayonets in order to conquer the majority population of Palestine.
Non sequitur drivel.

Indeed. Israel has survived. Against tremendous odds. This suggested to me that its leaders have been getting important things right.
Non sequitur drivel.
Are you calling your homeboy a liar?

"The Iron Wall" | Jewish Virtual Library

"The Iron Wall

"We cannot offer any adequate compensation to the Palestinian Arabs in return for Palestine. And therefore, there is no likelihood of any voluntary agreement being reached. So that all those who regard such an agreement as a condition sine qua non for Zionism may as well say 'non' and withdraw from Zionism.

"Zionist colonisation must either stop, or else pive population. Which means that it can proceed and develop only under the protection of a power that is independent of the native population – behind an iron wall, which the native population cannot breach.

"That is our Arab policy; not what we should be, but what it actually is, whether we admit it or not. What need, otherwise, of the Balfour Declaration? Or of the Mandate? Their value to us is that outside Power has undertaken to create in the country such conditions of administration and security that if the native population should desire to hinder our work, they will find it impossible.

"And we are all of us ,without any exception, demanding day after day that this outside Power, should carry out this task vigorously and with determination.

"In this matter there is no difference between our 'militarists' and our 'vegetarians'. Except that the first prefer that the iron wall should consist of Jewish soldiers, and the others are content that they should be British."

Are you militarist or vegetarian, Drivel?

Non sequitur conjecture.
"The Iron Wall" | Jewish Virtual Library"The Iron Wall
"We cannot offer any adequate compensation to the Palestinian Arabs in return for Palestine. And therefore, there is no likelihood of any voluntary agreement being reached. So that all those who regard such an agreement as a condition sine qua non for Zionism may as well say 'non' and withdraw from Zionism.
"Zionist colonisation must either stop, or else pive population. Which means that it can proceed and develop only under the protection of a power that is independent of the native population – behind an iron wall, which the native population cannot breach.
"That is our Arab policy; not what we should be, but what it actually is, whether we admit it or not. What need, otherwise, of the Balfour Declaration? Or of the Mandate? Their value to us is that outside Power has undertaken to create in the country such conditions of administration and security that if the native population should desire to hinder our work, they will find it impossible.
"And we are all of us ,without any exception, demanding day after day that this outside Power, should carry out this task vigorously and with determination.
"In this matter there is no difference between our 'militarists' and our 'vegetarians'. Except that the first prefer that the iron wall should consist of Jewish soldiers, and the others are content that they should be British."
"It is an excellent rule to begin an article with the most important point, but this time, I find it necessary to begin with an introduction , and, moreover , with a personal introduction.
I am reputed to be an enemy of the Arabs, who wants to have them ejected from Palestine, and so forth. It is not true.
Emotionally, my attitude to the Arabs is the same as to all other nations – polite indifference. Politically, my attitude is determined by two principles. First of all, I consider it utterly impossible to eject the Arabs from Palestine. There will always be two nations in Palestine – which is good enough for me, provided the Jews become the majority. And secondly, I belong to the group that once drew up the Helsingfors Programme , the programme of national rights for all nationalities living in the same State. In drawing up that programme, we had in mind not only the Jews, but all nations everywhere, and its basis is equality of rights."

Having been to Israel and Palestine and travelled extensively, I would have to agree with the general consensus of most people I met that the greatest danger to Israel is the extremists on both sides of its political spectrum. Most Palestinians and Israelis I met of a more secular nature simply want to live a good life, with some hope for their children.

Non sequitur conjecture.
"The Iron Wall" | Jewish Virtual Library"The Iron Wall
"It is an excellent rule to begin an article with the most important point, but this time, I find it necessary to begin with an introduction , and, moreover , with a personal introduction.
I am reputed to be an enemy of the Arabs, who wants to have them ejected from Palestine, and so forth. It is not true.
Emotionally, my attitude to the Arabs is the same as to all other nations – polite indifference. Politically, my attitude is determined by two principles. First of all, I consider it utterly impossible to eject the Arabs from Palestine. There will always be two nations in Palestine – which is good enough for me, provided the Jews become the majority. And secondly, I belong to the group that once drew up the Helsingfors Programme , the programme of national rights for all nationalities living in the same State. In drawing up that programme, we had in mind not only the Jews, but all nations everywhere, and its basis is equality of rights."
"In drawing up that programme, we had in mind not only the Jews, but all nations everywhere, and its basis is equality of rights.

"I am prepared to take an oath binding ourselves and our descendants that we shall never do anything contrary to the principle of equal rights, and that we shall never try to eject anyone.

"This seems to me a fairly peaceful credo.

"But it is quite another question whether it is always possible to realise a peaceful aim by peaceful means.

"For the answer to this question does not depend on our attitude to the Arabs, but entirely on the attitude of the Arabs to us and to Zionism.

"Now, after this introduction, we may proceed to the subject.

"Voluntary Agreement Not Possible.

"There can be no voluntary agreement between ourselves and the Palestine Arabs. Not now, nor in the prospective future. I say this with such conviction, not because I want to hurt the moderate Zionists.

"I do not believe that they will be hurt.

"Except for those who were born blind, they realised long ago that it is utterly impossible to obtain the voluntary consent of the Palestine Arabs for converting 'Palestine' from an Arab country into a country with a Jewish majority."

"The Iron Wall" | Jewish Virtual Library

Having been to Israel and Palestine and travelled extensively, I would have to agree with the general consensus of most people I met that the greatest danger to Israel is the extremists on both sides of its political spectrum. Most Palestinians and Israelis I met of a more secular nature simply want to live a good life, with some hope for their children.
With roughly equal numbers of Jews and Arabs currently living between the River and the sea, did you get a sense that either nation would be able to control its extremists in the event of a one-state solution? What about the next generation of Israelistines?

With roughly equal numbers of Jews and Arabs currently living between the River and the sea, did you get a sense that either nation would be able to control its extremists in the event of a one-state solution? What about the next generation of Israelistines?

It will not be easy, but then, when was anything worthwhile?

Some are suggesting peace in Palestine between Jew and Arab will require at least one generation of UN peacekeepers throughout the Occupied Territories; do you think either side would be willing to pay that price?

Some are suggesting peace in Palestine between Jew and Arab will require at least one generation of UN peacekeepers throughout the Occupied Territories; do you think either side would be willing to pay that price?

Peace will come once children are not taught to hate.

Yet Arab and Jew have given each other so many reason to hate over the past 65 years, how can their children be expected to do otherwise?

Yet Arab and Jew have given each other so many reason to hate over the past 65 years, how can their children be expected to do otherwise?

Yes but somehow this cyrcle needs to end.

Forum List

Back