The "Jewish Roots" or "Hebraic Roots" of Christianity?

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
But Christians will go along with what they have been taught without finding out for themselves

The newest technique used by Christian missionaries and some other Christian clergy is to be found in what they teach when they use the terms, 'The Jewish Roots of Christianity,' or 'The Hebraic Roots of Christianity.' One might think this means how, in their opinion, Christianity began with Jews, or developed from Judaism. However, this is not what they mean by 'the Jewish Roots.' The way these people try to show that the roots of Christianity are to be found in Judaism is by putting a Christian theological interpretation into a Jewish ceremony or ritual. They then claim that this planted Christian theological interpretation, having been 'found' in something Jewish, demonstrates that Christianity was a natural outgrowth of Judaism.

What Jews Believe: Essay #10: Jewish Roots of Christianity?

But Christians will go along with what they have been taught without finding out for themselves

The newest technique used by Christian missionaries and some other Christian clergy is to be found in what they teach when they use the terms, 'The Jewish Roots of Christianity,' or 'The Hebraic Roots of Christianity.' One might think this means how, in their opinion, Christianity began with Jews, or developed from Judaism. However, this is not what they mean by 'the Jewish Roots.' The way these people try to show that the roots of Christianity are to be found in Judaism is by putting a Christian theological interpretation into a Jewish ceremony or ritual. They then claim that this planted Christian theological interpretation, having been 'found' in something Jewish, demonstrates that Christianity was a natural outgrowth of Judaism.

What Jews Believe: Essay #10: Jewish Roots of Christianity?

I agree that some Christians put the cart before the horse when putting Christian interpretation and meaning on all Jewish scripture. Each scripture needs to be studied within the context of its own time. While I disagree with the tomato-cucumber analogy, I would agree that from one root different varieties of grapes did develop. Jews might claim Christianity is a wild grape, needing to be pruned off. While I, as a Christian might disagree with that, I can nonetheless see their point and why they feel that way.

I think nothing describes this better (more tabgible) then when John Kasich tried to tell the Media and Rabbis he met with, how Passover was about the Blood of Jesus.
Awkward moment of the year for sure.

seems to me that Christianity roots are more------firmly clenched upon greek and roman culture than upon jewish culture

... a natural outgrowth of Judaism.

The fact is all the idiotic middle east cults, "Judaism," "Chrisitianity," "Islam," etc. are "outgrowths" of the Old Testament bullshit. In other words, there is no "Judaism" in the Old Testament. Jews of today or racist crazies for the most part, but they definitely do not observe the Old Testament requirements. Likewise Christians are fucktarded ignoramuses who never studied the jewish/christian Bible to find out a bunch sick rabbis compiled the bullshit. And douchebag, illiterat muslims do not realize that satanic Mohammad treated the garbage as a source document.

... a natural outgrowth of Judaism.

The fact is all the idiotic middle east cults, "Judaism," "Chrisitianity," "Islam," etc. are "outgrowths" of the Old Testament bullshit. In other words, there is no "Judaism" in the Old Testament. Jews of today or racist crazies for the most part, but they definitely do not observe the Old Testament requirements. Likewise Christians are fucktarded ignoramuses who never studied the jewish/christian Bible to find out a bunch sick rabbis compiled the bullshit. And douchebag, illiterat muslims do not realize that satanic Mohammad treated the garbage as a source document.

muhummad could not read

seems to me that Christianity roots are more------firmly clenched upon greek and roman culture than upon jewish culture

alang 1216----agreed with my (rosie) post above-----you need not be so eager----
alang-----it was no compliment-----that aspects of greek and roman culture that
infected Christianity have resulted in THE INQUISITION AND NAZISM---and the
genocide of hundreds of millions The original supremacists were the GREEKS---
-----it was probably the greeks who invented ---or at least EMPLOYED regularly---
the barbarism of crucifixtion------the Inquisition was spawned from roman law-----
and was a reprise of -----man killing man and LION LUNCH entertainment. The
Nuremburg laws that legalized genocide were taken WHOLE from the JUSTINIAN CODE----invented by "saint" CONSTANTINE------the guy who got a "revelation from heaven"

Forum List

Back