The keyboard language bar

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
You may or may not have your own setting on this but I always set my keyboard to "English-International" so I have easy access to diacriticals used in other languages (tilde, diaeresis, accents aigu/grave and circumflex). Which is fine, until it decides to reset itself to "English- United States" ---- which it does frequently, so I have to keep it showing in the tray so that I can switch back to where I wanted it.

Now I've added German so I can get the sharp S, and now it keeps switching to German.

Anybody know how I can get it to just stay where it is until Simon Says?

Also my numbers lock switches off at random and I have to reset that too. There is no use I would ever put my keyboard to where I would not want the number pad to be numbers. Anyone know a way I can make that stay on too?

TIA

(these are not specific to this computer or this OS -- it's a constant)

You may or may not have your own setting on this but I always set my keyboard to "English-International" so I have easy access to diacriticals used in other languages (tilde, diaeresis, accents aigu/grave and circumflex). Which is fine, until it decides to reset itself to "English- United States" ---- which it does frequently, so I have to keep it showing in the tray so that I can switch back to where I wanted it.

Now I've added German so I can get the sharp S, and now it keeps switching to German.

Also my numbers lock switches off at random and I have to reset that too. There is no use I would ever put my keyboard to where I would not want the number pad to be numbers. Anyone know a way I can make that stay on too?

TIA

1. In "Region and Language" - tab-> Keyboards and languages->change keyboard->add->choose your language

2. In "Region and Language" - tab-> administrative->change system locale-> choose your language/country

TIA

1. In "Region and Language" - tab-> Keyboards and languages->change keyboard->add->choose your language

2. In "Region and Language" - tab-> administrative->change system locale-> choose your language/country

Actually that was already the first step -- that's how I got set to "English-International" and why I have the language bar sitting in the tray.

The problem is, it changes itself by itself and I have to keep resetting it. I've had this going on for years; it's a minor nuisance but I just wonder if there's a way to say "stay!".
It's the same issue with the Number Lock.

TIA

Actually that was already the first step -- that's how I got set to "English-International" and why I have the language bar sitting in the tray.

The problem is, it changes itself by itself and I have to keep resetting it. I've had this going on for years; it's a minor nuisance but I just wonder if there's a way to say "stay!".
It's the same issue with the Number Lock.
So you did both steps?
Also, do you use Alt+ctrl+del to get to the Task Manager or accidentally hit Alt+Left Shift? (i.e. do you use your keyboard commands as opposed to the mouse)? If so you may be accidentally switching your language.
As for the Number Lock issue..... :dunno:

TIA

Leave it in English and use Unicode.

Forum List

Back