The Lefts Pope (Pipe) Dream

1397973_10151830697506275_612177746_o.png

"How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points?" - Pope Francis (Evangelii Guadium)
Pope Francis on Income Inequality. Can you believe this guy?
Wonderful message.

I'm not Catholic so I'll pass.

Oh, and just in case you missed it, the phrase "I'm not Catholic" means that I don't agree that the church is the right venue for secular issues.

Intentional misuse and misleading positions are not reasons for God not to love you, however. So God bless.

This ^! (And AMEN)

Wonderful message.

I'm not Catholic so I'll pass.

Oh, and just in case you missed it, the phrase "I'm not Catholic" means that I don't agree that the church is the right venue for secular issues.

Intentional misuse and misleading positions are not reasons for God not to love you, however. So God bless.

I certainly believe in separation of church and state as an important feature of the US, but that doesn't mean that religious organizations can't discuss and hold opinions about what our government should or should not be doing.

And, you seem to be calling for a large change. We have political discussion in all venues, including religious ones. We have religious leaders proclaiming how to vote from the pulpit on Sunday morning. We have religious comment on state marriage (both pro an con), on contraception, on morning after pills and abortion, etc. Surely it would be an improvement for these organizations to start discussing the more serious issues concerning the role of government in addressing the problems mentioned by this Pope.

"How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points?" - Pope Francis (Evangelii Guadium)

The moment this dude was elected, or whatever they do, was when I realized how true my "never trust a catholic" mantra truly was.

What's wrong with him?

If he can shame the rich and money obsessed into a little concern for the poor - good for him! That is what his religion is about. He walks the walk.

The moment this dude was elected, or whatever they do, was when I realized how true my "never trust a catholic" mantra truly was.

Never trust a Catholic?

Is that like never trust a Jew? Or a Muslim?

What's wrong with what he said?

I think some on the left don't seem to understand the difference between voluntarily giving to and aiding the poor and empowering a government to rob you against your will and give it to themselves.
I think the Pope is saying that there is a problem much more fundamental than that.

I'd note that our economic system is comprised of huge numbers of laws. Over the last decades those laws have been tuned in a way that has significantly augmented the concentration of wealth.

Read the Pop's comments on "trickle down", for example. He is not asking for more taxes to feed the poor. He's saying that our economic system is improperly tuned.

so tell him to give up some of that gold and silver in the Vatican.....that might make a difference in some homeless peoples lives...just sayin....

I agree and then some. (I really hate everything the Catholic church stands for.)

But, isn't the pope paraphrasing jesus?

This pope does seem semi-humanoid.

I think some on the left don't seem to understand the difference between voluntarily giving to and aiding the poor and empowering a government to rob you against your will and give it to themselves.
I think the Pope is saying that there is a problem much more fundamental than that.

I'd note that our economic system is comprised of huge numbers of laws. Over the last decades those laws have been tuned in a way that has significantly augmented the concentration of wealth.

Read the Pop's comments on "trickle down", for example. He is not asking for more taxes to feed the poor. He's saying that our economic system is improperly tuned.

Just think how tuned it will be when being rich is illegal.

And never trust___________________________. Right?

I love capitalism but more education + better healthcare system = a large middle class that leads to more wealth.

What is preventing "more education" and "better health"....the government????
The guy is in love with his masters.

You people just want to go back to 18th century Europe for our country. When the boron's ruled over the little fucker...

Doesn't work out very good....:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back