The liberal NYT paid their female top editor less than their male top editor

It's a bunch of crap. It really is. They haven't been "liberal" in some time.

Last edited:
Typical crap from USMB libs. Make the argument about something else....How about you regard that the NYT salivates over stories of men being paid more and then does the same....mmmkay.

Typical crap from USMB libs. Make the argument about something else....How about you regard that the NYT salivates over stories of men being paid more and then does the same....mmmkay.

actually, it appears she was fired for making decisions in contradiction to what the Owner and CEO wanted, and even misled them on certain issues.

That said, what was she being paid compared to what Bill Keller was being paid. I've yet to see anyone on either side of this lay the numbers out on the table.

LMAO. They're as liberal as the day is long.

It's usually prudent to use 'in my opinion' when painting with such a broad political brush. For example, 'in my opinion' you don't know what you're talking about. However, I hear crap like this come out of the mouths of industry outsiders on a daily basis from both ends of the political spectrum. News flash: both 'this paper is ________- biased' arguments are equally obtuse.

EVERY single newspaper in the country is either a corporation and/or relies on corporate sponsorship. That's just the way it is. Having a distinct political agenda is usually bad for business, thus being as objective as possible is the only economically viable decision. If you ain't figured this out yet, you probably never will.

But, please, feel free to jabber on about things you know nothing about. It's entertaining to see.

actually, it appears she was fired for making decisions in contradiction to what the Owner and CEO wanted, and even misled them on certain issues.

That said, what was she being paid compared to what Bill Keller was being paid. I've yet to see anyone on either side of this lay the numbers out on the table.

Maybe she was a bitch. Maybe she was fired for good reason. But why is the newspaper that harps on discrepancy in pay among genders paying her less in the first place? That's a little thing known as hypocrisy, is it not?

It's usually prudent to use 'in my opinion' when painting with such a broad political brush. For example, 'in my opinion' you don't know what you're talking about. However, I hear crap like this come out of the mouths of industry outsiders on a daily basis from both ends of the political spectrum. News flash: both 'this paper is ________- biased' arguments are equally obtuse.

EVERY single newspaper in the country is either a corporation and/or relies on corporate sponsorship. That's just the way it is. Having a distinct political agenda is usually bad for business, thus being as objective as possible is the only economically viable decision. If you ain't figured this out yet, you probably never will.

But, please, feel free to jabber on about things you know nothing about. It's entertaining to see.

Yea__ no. Everyone and their dog knows the political leanings of NYT. There's no need to accord such trivialities. Next time you blatantly condescend, try at least being right, dude.

Ever since the NYT did their "Yes, we'll joyfully repeat your every lie and call every antiwar person a traitor, Presdient Bush! We want that Iraq War as badly as you do!" song and dance, no sane person has regarded the NYT as liberal.

Meanwhile, the actual liberals are reaming the NYT over this. Good of the conservatives to finally notice, a week later.

Your point is one that the NY Times obviously doesn't care about since their readership is way down and much of that is attributed to the fact that they AREN'T seen as the credible news source they once were.

Yea__ no. Everyone and their dog knows the political leanings of NYT. There's no need to accord such trivialities. Next time you blatantly condescend, try at least being right, dude.

My apologies. You're a superstar. But it sounds like you wouldn't know 'right' if it bit you in the head, dude. I know this might be a little hard to take, sparky, but 'Everyone' ≠ your uninformed opinion.

But heck, what do I know? Mine is only 20+ years of industry experience talking. Perhaps it *is* your dog that's more informed than the both of us.

Forum List

Back