The light has come on

Who was the last POTUS to have a decent approval rating? Is this really the best we can do? :eusa_eh:

Correct...but they do not have to remain disappointed. Results can change minds.

Do you believe that the voting public's attitudes will drastically change in the next couple years? In my opinion, they won't, and we will be stuck with another Obama/Romney until 2020.

Please...go for some perspective since circumspection evades you. Obama is doing damn good in comparison.

Bush Job Approval at 28%, Lowest of His Administration
Only Nixon and Truman have had lower job approval ratings
by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- President George W. Bush's job approval rating has dropped to 28%, the lowest of his administration. Bush's approval is lower than that of any president since World War II, with the exceptions of Jimmy Carter (who had a low point of 28% in 1979), and Richard Nixon and Harry Truman, who suffered ratings in the low- to mid-20% range in the last years of their administrations.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/106426/bush-job-approval-28-lowest-administration.aspx

Last edited:
Correct...but they do not have to remain disappointed. Results can change minds.

Do you believe that the voting public's attitudes will drastically change in the next couple years? In my opinion, they won't, and we will be stuck with another Obama/Romney until 2020.

That's kind of chicken and egg...what comes first...good candidates or good voters....methinks good candidates...which means screw the elites choosing.

Please...go for some perspective since circumspection evades you. Obama is doing damn good in comparison.

by Frank Newport

PRINCETON, NJ -- President George W. Bush's job approval rating has dropped to 28%, the lowest of his administration. Bush's approval is lower than that of any president since World War II, with the exceptions of Jimmy Carter (who had a low point of 28% in 1979), and Richard Nixon and Harry Truman, who suffered ratings in the low- to mid-20% range in the last years of their administrations.

That was the last year of his administration, Gertrude...your boy has plenty of time to beat him...the "shine" is wearing thin.

That makes aaronlelands point...indicates the stupid are still alive and well.

I agree. But in all fairness, the Republicans will run somebody just as terrible, and one of those two will win. If we want a POTUS worth shit the voting public's attitudes need to change. I don't see this happening anytime soon.

by Frank Newport

If the media goes after obama like they did bush, well obama's numbers will be way lower than bushe's.

He's not going to be running again. This the poll you've got to worry about. :D

Clinton Remains Atop 2016 Presidential Field - US News and World Report

That makes aaronlelands point...indicates the stupid are still alive and well.

I agree. But in all fairness, the Republicans will run somebody just as terrible, and one of those two will win. If we want a POTUS worth shit the voting public's attitudes need to change. I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Can't argue with our dismal assessment...I have at best 5 presidential election years left...getting desperate.

Forum List

Back