The Machiavellian Meditation

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a capitalism-Utopian parable (my last one) inspired by G.I. Joe (Hasbro/Marvel) comics.

Signing off,

====

Snake-Eyes and his wolf-dog Order cared only about one thing --- defense of liberty. When Snake-Eyes was younger, he was a bank-robber; he robbed four federal-reserve banks in America without ever being caught. Then, Snake-Eyes had a real revelation and found prudence in the teachings of Christ. Snake-Eyes decided to devote himself to the pursuit of spiritual happiness (in others!). He adopted his wolf-dog Order (when he was just a puppy) and meditated in the Himalayas about the value of defending democracy in a modern world where nuclear war threatened humanity's optimism.

Snake-Eyes returned to America and joined the secret America paramilitary crusader-team known as 'G.I. Joes,' which was led by commander Duke (who was secretly a Hollywood celebrity recruited by the CIA in the 1980s). The G.I. Joes contended with a potent democracy-challenger 'unit' known as 'Cobra' (comprised of radicals and guerillas). The great Joe-Cobra War effectively ceased all developments of chemical weapons in hot-zones such as Iraq and North Korea. Snake-Eyes decided to retire with Order and live a peaceful life of meditation in the Himalayas.

SNAKE-EYES: Democracy and Order are important to me...
GOD: As are the teachings of Christ; you were once a robber!
SNAKE-EYES: I know, but now I seek a life of peace with my wolf-dog.
GOD: The Earth is troubled by the pollution of man and civilization.
SNAKE-EYES: Yes, global warming and chauvinism plague mankind!
GOD: What do you meditate about with Order?
SNAKE-EYES: We think about the everyday dreams of the mind!
GOD: Oh, I see...I suppose you're worried about capitalism corruption?
SNAKE-EYES: Sure! We care about Wall Street and also SeaWorld!
GOD: Are you trying to avoid civilization woes by retreating to the mountains?
SNAKE-EYES: It's not easy 'confronting' the demonic face of natural wrath.
GOD: Sure! In that case, why don't you write poems about democracy.
SNAKE-EYES: How will that help?
GOD: Well, it will clear your mind, make you closer to Order, and remind you of peace.
SNAKE-EYES: That sounds great; we can start forgetting about chemical warfare!
GOD: You and Order deserve this retirement...
SNAKE-EYES: Maybe President Trump will carry the torch of democracy-defense.
GOD: There are many doubts, Snake-Eyes, but Americans will remember your advice.
SNAKE-EYES: Cool! Order and I hope that America will celebrate pro-human politics.

====

snake-dog.jpg

Forum List

Back