The Masters

There's a pattern here. Every year, or every other year, some young kid makes the golf scene, kicking butt all year long, and he is projected to be the next Nicklaus or Mickelson or Tiger. But they cool off and within a few years they are no longer winning tournaments. They remain good, but the magic is gone.

There will probably never be another Nicklaus or Woods, winning tournaments regularly for decades. And for one reason or another, the next tournament that Tiger wins will probably be on the Seniors' tour.

The kid (25) who won today was amazingly poised under the most intense pressure that the PGA Tour can offer. And he won scores of junior tournaments, so is pressure-tested. Just like Spieth a few years ago.

Tiger just finished. Looks like he has some back issues yet the way he was walking to the Club House after finishing. Slightly hunched and favoring 1 side.
72 holes and it’s up and down all the way. So proud of him.

So happy for the guy who won. His life has changed forever and he sounds really humble and overwhelmed. I’m a fan.

Happy for Rory McElroy. His great play at the end made him a million dollars.

I feel bad for Smith aka Joe dirt. His play in th end cost him a million. From 2nd to 5th. Ouch.

Can’t stand it but many love it…

The Tiger Woods story is the great part of it…
The history, mystery elitism of this course is intriguing. No one knows who the members are. They won’t publish their list. Very rich members. So it’s kind of cool to be where only the elite usually go. Something about that.

Then in the end, watching Smith go from 2nd to 5, cost himself $1 million dollars. And Rory McElroy made $1 million by going from 5th to 2nd right at the end.

So if anything, you should at least watch on Sunday. A lot of money a stake. It helps if you pick a guy and root for him. Or jus watch to see if the guy with th lead blows it.

Probably not "dominant", just solid. We won't see another Tiger Woods level player coming out of these current young guys IMO.
Did you see who won?

Two months ago, the 25-year-old had yet to win on the PGA Tour. Since then he has collected four wins and the world No. 1 ranking -- plus a Masters green jacket.

There's a pattern here. Every year, or every other year, some young kid makes the golf scene, kicking butt all year long, and he is projected to be the next Nicklaus or Mickelson or Tiger. But they cool off and within a few years they are no longer winning tournaments. They remain good, but the magic is gone.

There will probably never be another Nicklaus or Woods, winning tournaments regularly for decades. And for one reason or another, the next tournament that Tiger wins will probably be on the Seniors' tour.

The kid (25) who won today was amazingly poised under the most intense pressure that the PGA Tour can offer. And he won scores of junior tournaments, so is pressure-tested. Just like Spieth a few years ago.
Is I true once you win a major you no longer have to endure the grind of all the pga tournaments?

If I could I would only play one tournament a month.

Did you see who won?

Two months ago, the 25-year-old had yet to win on the PGA Tour. Since then he has collected four wins and the world No. 1 ranking -- plus a Masters green jacket.

Did you watch the Masters? He was all over the place. The only reason he won was because bad weather kicked a lot of ass the day before. People who are dominate don't need to have to drop constantly because they can't keep a tee shot in the fairway and 4 putt the last hole.

Forum List

Back