🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Meat and Potatoes and Chocolate Lovers Club

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was going to make two separate clubs for this, but I decided to combine both of them into one. This is mostly a safe haven to come to for all of the people who have recently been harassed on here for eating meat and loving burgers, ham, pork, bacon, steaks and just about any other kind of meat that you can think of!! And man, oh man I could go for a nice juicy steak or burger right now. :biggrin:

I've started eating more chicken and less beef. I'm trying to drop a few pounds, and it seems to be working. I do love a good burger, though, and I'll treat myself to one every so often.

And, man, don't even get me started on a fully loaded baked potato...

I have to seriously avoid oxalic acid, which is in all foods from plants. The safest foods are meat and potatoes, a limited selection of veggies and fruits, and eggs and dairy. No grains, nuts or legumes. I'm having stroganoff served on mashed potatoes for tonight's dinner.

I have to seriously avoid oxalic acid, which is in all foods from plants. The safest foods are meat and potatoes, a limited selection of veggies and fruits, and eggs and dairy. No grains, nuts or legumes. I'm having stroganoff served on mashed potatoes for tonight's dinner.
A medium baked potato has 97 milligrams of oxalates per serving. Much of this content is in the potato's skin, which contains high levels of nutrients like fiber, vitamin C, and B vitamins.Oct 28, 2020

Foods High in Oxalates - WebMD​

Also, I just wanted to add that I don't have a problem with people who are vegan/vegetarians, but I'm absolutely tired of them trying to shove their preachings down my throat and that's I came up with this thread. Tomorrow night we're having fish sticks btw and I absolutely love fish as well as other meats. Which makes me wonder why it is often not considered meat since it's flesh of dead animals.

A medium baked potato has 97 milligrams of oxalates per serving. Much of this content is in the potato's skin, which contains high levels of nutrients like fiber, vitamin C, and B vitamins.Oct 28, 2020

Foods High in Oxalates - WebMD

If you suffer from a medical condition that requires you to consume less oxalates you can simply peel the skin off of potatoes. That will eliminate most of the oxalates.

When I make my best French fries (actually they are not from France, they're from Belgium, but a lot of Belgian people speak French, kinda like a lot of Canucks speak French, so American soldiers called them French fries and the name kinda stuck) I go through this whole process where I peel the Russet potatoes, cut them into sticks, rinse them, soak them in cold water overnight, blanch them and pre-fry them at 300 degrees for a couple minutes and drain them on a rack. Then let them completely cool.

After they cool, then I fry them in small batches at 485 degrees until they are golden brown, light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Perfect gourmet fries.

And I make a lot of them when I go through that whole process. Once they are pre-fried you can put them in ziplock baggies and freeze them and they will stay good for a few months.

Other times I won't even peel them or do any of that stuff. I'll just rinse off or brush off any visible dirt off the potatoes, quickly cut them into wedges and toss them in the hot oil. Not so perfect fries, a little greasy and not very crispy, but much better than nothing when you're hungry.

Last edited:
If you suffer from a medical condition that requires you to consume less oxalates you can simply peel the skin off of potatoes. That will eliminate most of the oxalates.

When I make my best French fries (actually they are not from France, they're from Belgium, but a lot of Belgian people speak French, kinda like a lot of Canucks speak French, so American soldiers called them French fries and the name kinda stuck) I go through this whole process where I peel the Russet potatoes, cut them into sticks, rinse them, soak them in cold water overnight, blanch them and pre-fry them at 300 degrees for a couple minutes and drain them on a rack. Then let them completely cool.

After they cool, then I fry them in small batches at 485 degrees until they are golden brown, light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Perfect gourmet fries.

And I make a lot of them when I go through that whole process. Once they are pre-fried you can put them in ziplock baggies and freeze them and they will stay good for a few months.

Other times I won't even peel them or do any of that stuff. I'll just rinse off or brush off any visible dirt off the potatoes, quickly cut them into wedges and toss them in the hot oil. Not so perfect fries, a little greasy and not very crispy, but much better than nothing when you're hungry.
Right. Thank you for the advice. I remember reading that you were qualified to give nutritional advice and I made a mental note to ask you about the oxalates, and it went the way of all my mental notes! LOL!

I've started eating more chicken and less beef. I'm trying to drop a few pounds, and it seems to be working. I do love a good burger, though, and I'll treat myself to one every so often.

And, man, don't even get me started on a fully loaded baked potato...
So what do you consider to be a "fully loaded" baked potato?

I have to seriously avoid oxalate. I don't avoid all plants, just dark green leafy plants like spinach, which I love and kale. I recently cut down on red meat, trying to baby my liver along. I do eat quite a bit of fish. The air fryer is your friend.

Butter, chives, cheese, bacon, sour cream... Dude...
That's very similar to my version, except I don't like sour cream.

Butter, cheddar cheese, bacon, cream cheese and green onions.

I bake the potatoes, then cut them in half and scoop the guts out with an ice cream scooper, put all that stuff in there, put the guts back in and bake them some more until the skins are crispy. Add S&P to taste.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back