The Merritt Landry Shooting*update*

last year at 14 year old marshall coulter was shot in the head

during a suspected burglary at 2 in the morning

the home owner was charged with 2nd degree attempted murder

the kid survived

and was arrested for another burglary yesterday

i guess with some folks one shot to the head is

not enough to change their criminal ways

Teenager shot by Marigny homeowner arrested in residential burglary, sources say | NOLA.com

more

Marshall Coulter, shot while attempting to burglarize Merritt Landry, has been accused of another burglary after the shooting, and now also for a violent home invasion committed in 2012 when he was 13 years old

New Orleans police confirmed Monday Coulter was also booked over the weekend in another home invasion, in which police say Coulter "armed himself" with their gun after a struggle. It is the first time the teen, who has been described by family as a non-violent pilferer, is accused of a crime of violence.

That allegation comes after months of Coulter's family and supporters insisting he was no threat to anyone, even though he had been caught stealing. One brother described him as a "professional thief."

It is a disclosure that could support a position asserted by Merritt Landry supporters, who say the homeowner was in imminent danger by a potential gunman when he confronted the unarmed teen in the predawn hours in his gated yard last July.

Police said they suspect Coulter as a 13-year-old broke into a house in the 900 block of Frenchmen Street on June 11, 2012. The residents returned home around 3:30 a.m. and found the teenager inside the house. The residents had a "struggle" with the teen, who then armed himself with the victims' gun, police said.

Marshall Coulter, teen shot by Marigny homeowner, now accused of crime of violence | NOLA.com

Wow, third time was not a charm for him.

So he's been caught three times, once getting shot and continuing his life of crime.

Thing is those were the times he was caught. How many more where he was not I wonder.

CaféAuLait;9057145 said:
Wow, third time was not a charm for him.

So he's been caught three times, once getting shot and continuing his life of crime.

Thing is those were the times he was caught. How many more where he was not I wonder.

his family described his a professional thief

A criminal is shot at 14, survives the shooting and is then arrested for a crime he commited when he was 13 and you say "wow one shot in the head is not enough".

But he hadn't been shot when he was 13.

A criminal is shot at 14, survives the shooting and is then arrested for a crime he commited when he was 13 and you say "wow one shot in the head is not enough".

he was also arrested for a crime after the shot to the head

he was also arrested for a crime after the shot to the head

I see, the first post did not say that.

And people say that kids nowadays lack commitment to anything, this kid got shot in the head and still goes out burgling. Remarkable diligence to his chosen field.

New Orleans D.A. Drops Merritt Landry Self-Defense Shooting of Black 14-Year-Old

Merritt Landry, the homeowner who shot an unarmed teenager in the head after finding the intruder on his Marigny property, no longer faces criminal prosecution.

Orleans Parish prosecutors on Thursday announced the decision to decline charges following news that Marshall Coulter, 15, who survived the shooting, had been arrested in connection with burglaries in the same neighborhood. The decision also comes after a grand jury failed to take action earlier this year, leaving the viability of the case in doubt.

"I am ethically obligated not to charge an individual against whom I do not possess evidence that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed a crime," Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro said in statement. "Such evidence does not exist in this case."

No charges for Marigny homeowner Merritt Landry in shooting of Marshall Coulter | NOLA.com

New Orleans D.A. Drops Merritt Landry Self-Defense Shooting of Black 14-Year-Old

Merritt Landry, the homeowner who shot an unarmed teenager in the head after finding the intruder on his Marigny property, no longer faces criminal prosecution.

Orleans Parish prosecutors on Thursday announced the decision to decline charges following news that Marshall Coulter, 15, who survived the shooting, had been arrested in connection with burglaries in the same neighborhood. The decision also comes after a grand jury failed to take action earlier this year, leaving the viability of the case in doubt.

"I am ethically obligated not to charge an individual against whom I do not possess evidence that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed a crime," Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro said in statement. "Such evidence does not exist in this case."

No charges for Marigny homeowner Merritt Landry in shooting of Marshall Coulter | NOLA.com

Oh, wow, he was not only caught the third time, but neighbors have video of him trying to break into their homes the same night he was caught the third time.

Coulter was arrested earlier this month after a resident told police he found the teenager in his Marigny home. After that, another nearby resident said his video surveillance system captured Coulter attempting to enter his home about 20 minutes earlier than the burglary for which Coulter was arrested

CaféAuLait;9103898 said:

Oh, wow, he was not only caught the third time, but neighbors have video of him trying to break into their homes the same night he was caught the third time.

Coulter was arrested earlier this month after a resident told police he found the teenager in his Marigny home. After that, another nearby resident said his video surveillance system captured Coulter attempting to enter his home about 20 minutes earlier than the burglary for which Coulter was arrested

yes

not to bad for a guy who was bed ridden

Yeah, kinda funny how he can do all that with his claims. I suppose this will help with any civil case he decided to file against Landry. Not only is he a lair, but a habitual thief and someone who terrorizes homeowners- repeatedly.

CaféAuLait;9103949 said:
Yeah, kinda funny how he can do all that with his claims. I suppose this will help with any civil case he decided to file against Landry. Not only is he a lair, but a habitual thief and someone who terrorizes homeowners- repeatedly.

yeah he has probably blown a civil suit as well

although shooter is not protected from a suit

Forum List

Back