‘The most competitive’: China overtakes US in car production

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i care about China because i care about our kids! I don't want China to take over in the future and we leave America as a DUMPSTER for our kids and grandkids

So if China produced more cars than we do, that is the end of our country?

Our country is that fragile and weak that our survival is dependent on producing more cars than anyone else?

Wow, this makes me wonder how Denmark is even able to exist

So if China produced more cars than we do, that is the end of our country?

Our country is that fragile and weak that our survival is dependent on producing more cars than anyone else?

Wow, this makes me wonder how Denmark is even able to exist
Your leaders sold out. I would want China take over thane to have to keep putting up with this crap.

i care about China because i care about our kids! I don't want China to take over in the future and we leave America as a DUMPSTER for our kids and grandkids

The rest of the world are idiots for buying Chinese spy machines that China can take over and control whenever that time comes.

im sure they are quality cars.....
It may be unpleasant news, but dollar for dollar Chinese cars are better than American ones. I know an American living in Beijing who just bought a small Geely SUV for about $22,000 … and he loves it. Says it has everything U.S. cars do, and is well built. Most Chinese buy domestically today. They can buy foreign if they have the money, but it seems fewer “middle class” families do these days.

The Chinese market for autos is now larger than the market in the U.S.A. Even the largest Chinese auto manufacturers have been slow to go abroad to sell, but once electric cars become more the norm they will probably make a big push. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the West throws up big tariffs against Chinese (EV & ICE) autos if they start competing seriously overseas.

Of course it will take time to find out if new Chinese cars can really last decades on the road. Most Chinese cars aren’t used as much as U.S. cars are for long-distance commuting, but roads and highways in China are generally fairly new, certainly better than in the past.

Last edited:
It may be unpleasant news, but dollar for dollar Chinese cars are better than American ones. I know an American living in Beijing who just bought a small Geely SUV for about $22,000 … and he loves it. Says it has everything U.S. cars do, and is well built. Most Chinese buy domestically today. They can buy foreign if they have the money, but it seems fewer “middle class” families do these days.

The Chinese market for autos is now larger than the market in the U.S.A. Even the largest Chinese auto manufacturers have been slow to go abroad to sell, but once electric cars become more the norm they will probably make a big push. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the West throws up big tariffs against Chinese (EV & ICE) autos if they start competing seriously overseas.

Of course it will take time to find out if new Chinese cars can really last decades on the road. Most Chinese cars aren’t used as much as U.S. cars are for long-distance commuting, but roads and highways in China are generally fairly new, certainly better than in the past.
im sure you will enjoy yours....

No way. I have a 22-year-old Acura two-door in perfect running order and just a few scratches — I plan to be buried in that car!

I made the point

China can go only as far as western technology takes them
They have much of our nation compromised. They are going to end up building products before we do with our technology. If they want to, they may build the NASA White Elephant Space Launch System at one tenth the price we have spent to launch easily. They may find that dinosaur massively inefficient though.

Get back to me when China builds a full v8 size Gas Pickup
If libs get their way no full v8 size Gas Pickups will be built by any car company

But in case the chicoms do build one where can we wake you up at?

This issue is far more complicated than just the production of cars. China has 1.5 billion people. In theory they should be producing far more cars.

That's not the issue though is it?

Forum List

Back