The Most Important Election Since the Civil War

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
This type of statement is used almost every election cycle to exaggerate the differences between the Republican and Democratic parties for relatively minor issues like gay marriage. However, the events of the last eight years have created divisions among the American people that go to the heart of the future of our country.

Just as the Civil War fundamentally redefined the relationship between the States and the federal government, the outcome of this year's national elections will fundamentally redefine the relationship between the People and the federal government. At issue is the question of whether the government can abridge the First Amendment rights of individuals in order to preserve domestic tranquility.

Not since the Alien And Sedition Acts of 1798 have the freedoms of speech and assembly been under such direct attack. This issue has been germinating for the past 50 years, but has now come into full bloom. What were once peaceful protests on public property are now violent assaults on private property, condoned by the federal government as legitimate expressions of grievances against those who espouse contrary viewpoints.

We are on the verge of converting our Constitutional Republic into a mobocracy. Once fully implemented, there will be no turning back.

This type of statement is used almost every election cycle to exaggerate the differences between the Republican and Democratic parties for relatively minor issues like gay marriage. However, the events of the last eight years have created divisions among the American people that go to the heart of the future of our country.

Just as the Civil War fundamentally redefined the relationship between the States and the federal government, the outcome of this year's national elections will fundamentally redefine the relationship between the People and the federal government. At issue is the question of whether the government can abridge the First Amendment rights of individuals in order to preserve domestic tranquility.

Not since the Alien And Sedition Acts of 1798 have the freedoms of speech and assembly been under such direct attack. This issue has been germinating for the past 50 years, but has now come into full bloom. What were once peaceful protests on public property are now violent assaults on private property, condoned by the federal government as legitimate expressions of grievances against those who espouse contrary viewpoints.

We are on the verge of converting our Constitutional Republic into a mobocracy. Once fully implemented, there will be no turning back.
:cuckoo::lmao::piss2:

The argument against mob rule is that the mob is far too ignorant and impulsive to be allowed that much control, but if the mob is ignorant and impulsive how can we rely on it to elect good representatives to make all of our decisions for us? In both situations the ignorance of people is a hindrance, so in my opinion the argument against mob rule as I understand it is inadequate.

I've been told every since I could remember that this 'election is the most important in our lifetime' and every election nothing really changes. You'll have to excuse me if I don't buy into the dramatics.

The argument against mob rule is that the mob is far too ignorant and impulsive to be allowed that much control, but if the mob is ignorant and impulsive how can we rely on it to elect good representatives to make all of our decisions for us? In both situations the ignorance of people is a hindrance, so in my opinion the argument against mob rule as I understand it is inadequate.

The only chance to avoid it is to break through the fog of political correctness and speak to them in terms they can understand. This is what Trump does better than anyone else. Cruz's constitutional conservatism goes right over their heads, and Rubio is stuck on replay. Who else can speak to them?

Trump’s existence is strategically one of the best things to happen to the Clinton campaign. Trump’s actions have become the gift that keeps on giving:

oT41FYI.jpg

Why spend so much time and invective on someone who can't possibly win?

Forum List

Back