Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Spousal income

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trust fund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please indicate)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Mortgages, generally speaking, are usually the last things people become delinquent on. They will get the water and power cut off, credit cards cut off and even vehicles repossessed but still pay their mortgages on time.

I remember back in the 2008/09 recession Dave Ramsey told people that their mortgage should be the first thing they stop paying due to the very long process to foreclose on a home that is behind in their mortgage.

So, I am not really sure you are correct.

I remember back in the 2008/09 recession Dave Ramsey told people that their mortgage should be the first thing they stop paying due to the very long process to foreclose on a home that is behind in their mortgage.

So, I am not really sure you are correct.
I am aware of what he teaches....and technically he is correct. (Horrible person but makes good financial advice)

However that's not what people customarily do. Behaviors in bill paying don't change much around the world. People are willing to die for their little piece of land...been doing it for most of world history. Just because Ramsey says to do otherwise doesn't mean that people will.

My kids will inherit most of my wealth (also in CDs, MMs and annuities). I get comfort and security from it, but I will likely never spend it on myself.
/—-/ Option trading allows me to do anything I wants and not touch my kids and grandkids inheritance. I already set up brokerage accounts for them with dividend paying stocks that are enrolled in DRIP.
Just bought a new car, took up golf, horseback riding, new camera equipment, and taking a singles cruise to southern Italy in October. My first one, BTW.

Forum List

Back