The next American generation is screwed

The current "generation" seem to be a big part of the problem in my view. They've grown up under the no accountability on the internet meme and think it applies to everyday life. The safe space behind the keyboard is nowhere to be found in real life & they're freaking out as a result.
Blame all the victims but the New BS GOP which gives away the country to their greedy idiot billionaire masters/brainwashers...

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

STILL defended to the death by the bought off GOP.

Well, I'm talking in general here, just as you were talking in general. We don't need to get into individual cases. Your generation taught them this. The politicians who you people voted in failed to deal with the situations, and are failing worse and worse and worse every year and the people's response to government not working is to try and elect even worse candidates than the ones before them.
Its not the politicians fault. They fail at a lot but raising our children is not one of their job duties despite Clintons "it takes a village" nonsense.
The shit we'reseeing on campuses & in the streets now is a direct result of poor parenting

Where does poor parenting come from?

Poor education, poor social policies that have created ghettos and people living in a cycle of poverty. The inability to deal properly with the end of slavery and segregation that has just continued for ever with people being kept down and under educated and in crime ridden cities.

No, it's not the politicians' fault. It's the people who voted the politicians in's fault.

Society, as it exists now, with cities of 8 million people living in close proximity to each other, and modern media and all that is new, doesn't just function without guidance from government.

Parents are growing up with more freedom to do what they like. They have kids and they simply want to keep their freedom, they often don't have the parental support that previous generations had in dealing with their babies, so they just make it up as they go along.

I deal with parents and their kids on a daily basis. And I can see how inept parents can be. One kid wanted to be somewhere even though he was ill. Too ill to participate properly in what he was supposed to be doing and everyone else had to accommodate the ill kid. Yet his mother said something like "He wants to stay, I can't make him go home", about a 4 year old boy.

Bad parenting, but who is there to tell parents who to parent properly? The right scream that the govt should not interfere, so no one does anything, then people complain that the kids are going crazy....... what the hell do you expect?
The kids screaming that their "safe space" is being violated on campus are not all from the ghetto. In fact very few of them are.

And I'm not buying any of your pro government bs. It boils down to 90% poor parenting & 10% adolescent stupidity imo.

You're not buying anything because you have your fixed view and you're not actually considering very much.

Poor parenting. Where does this come from? How does a parent end up being a poor parent? Think about it.
"Values & mutual respect" is what is at the core here and those two things are not, nor have they ever been, taught by the government.
The fact that those two ideals are also in decline in our government is a reflection of societys decline which is a result of generational change. Our government is a reflection of us, not the other way around.

Times have changed. Your argument is basically that people haven't done it in the past, so we shouldn't do it in the future. But people didn't drive cars or watch TV in the past, but do now.

The govt is the body that can shape a country. Go to Europe and they do this, and people live more in harmony than they do in the US. They're not perfect by any means and such endeavor needs to be taken with a LOT of thought, and not just on a whim, which is often where the main problem with politicians comes from.

But, if you have parents who don't have "values and mutual respect", what do you hope for the kids?

Its not the politicians fault. They fail at a lot but raising our children is not one of their job duties despite Clintons "it takes a village" nonsense.
The shit we'reseeing on campuses & in the streets now is a direct result of poor parenting

Poor education, poor social policies that have created ghettos and people living in a cycle of poverty. The inability to deal properly with the end of slavery and segregation that has just continued for ever with people being kept down and under educated and in crime ridden cities.

No, it's not the politicians' fault. It's the people who voted the politicians in's fault.

Society, as it exists now, with cities of 8 million people living in close proximity to each other, and modern media and all that is new, doesn't just function without guidance from government.

Parents are growing up with more freedom to do what they like. They have kids and they simply want to keep their freedom, they often don't have the parental support that previous generations had in dealing with their babies, so they just make it up as they go along.

I deal with parents and their kids on a daily basis. And I can see how inept parents can be. One kid wanted to be somewhere even though he was ill. Too ill to participate properly in what he was supposed to be doing and everyone else had to accommodate the ill kid. Yet his mother said something like "He wants to stay, I can't make him go home", about a 4 year old boy.

Bad parenting, but who is there to tell parents who to parent properly? The right scream that the govt should not interfere, so no one does anything, then people complain that the kids are going crazy....... what the hell do you expect?
The kids screaming that their "safe space" is being violated on campus are not all from the ghetto. In fact very few of them are.

And I'm not buying any of your pro government bs. It boils down to 90% poor parenting & 10% adolescent stupidity imo.

You're not buying anything because you have your fixed view and you're not actually considering very much.

Poor parenting. Where does this come from? How does a parent end up being a poor parent? Think about it.
"Values & mutual respect" is what is at the core here and those two things are not, nor have they ever been, taught by the government.
The fact that those two ideals are also in decline in our government is a reflection of societys decline which is a result of generational change. Our government is a reflection of us, not the other way around.
Loyalty
Duty
Respect
Selfless Service
Honor
Integrity
Personal Courage

Those are some pretty good values that are taught by the government.

Basically they teach you how to be good cannon fodder.

Loyalty
Duty
Respect
Selfless Service
Honor
Integrity
Personal Courage

They are still good values to have if you don't end up being meat for the grinder.

Loyalty
Duty
Respect
Selfless Service
Honor
Integrity
Personal Courage

They are still good values to have if you don't end up being meat for the grinder.

Oh, sure, I was just being sarcastic.

Forum List

Back