The next "military" rifle that will send the gunophobes into a tizzy.

I haven’t invested in one, don’t have a semi automatic rifle, and let’s say I have had a pretty intense shooting education.
So?
So have I, when hunting, I don't waste a shot or ammo, unless you like long, unfruitful weekends.

You're FOS, Q-NUT.

Again....you need to read your email...

The Qanon smear against republicans is now out.......because no one except you democrat assholes had any idea what it was referring to.....

The new democrat party smear for republicans is "Christian Nationalist," and I just heard someone add, "White," to that...

Please....keep up with the democrat party smears....new ones are coming on line all the time and you need to be current...

No, I made an issue out of ignorant morons who invest in THEM, instead of investing in a shooting class?
When a magazine comes with a gun you don't "invest in them"

In fact buying a gun or an extra magazine is not an investment at all DumbAss

JFK hated communism, supported the second amendment, backed free markets, and respected personal freedom. You would have run him out on a rail.

You have to put things in context. First Communism. There are fewer people on the left who support communism than there are in the right who advocate White Supremacy. So how can you think that JFK, who is practically the Father of the Civil Rights Movement would be considered Conservative.

The NRA was hardly the group it is today. They did not advocate for Constitutional Carry as one example. They were more educational and less nonsensical idiocy. The NRA actually backed the ban on Automatic Weapons. They testified in Congress that it was good law and necessary.

So saying that Kennedy was in the NRA and that proves it. Nonsense. Context. You need context. You would denounce the NRA of that Era as gun grabbing liberals.

The group in that era was more about marksmanship and education. Absolutely unrecognizable as the group of today.

In that era Concealed Weapons Licenses were hard to get. Hell you needed permits to possess weapons in most cities. See NYC as one example.

That’s the problem with flash card history like you are using. It doesn’t look at the issues in context. JFK was practically a radical. He opposed the use of force for crazy national security goals. See Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missile Crisis. The Conservatives wanted an invasion of Cuba. JFK opposed.

JFK started the Special Warfare and Green Berets. The idea that expertly trained advisors to help embattled allies was about as far as he was willing to go.

JFK was a slightly left of center Moderate in the era.

You have to put things in context. First Communism. There are fewer people on the left who support communism than there are in the right who advocate White Supremacy. So how can you think that JFK, who is practically the Father of the Civil Rights Movement would be considered Conservative.

The NRA was hardly the group it is today. They did not advocate for Constitutional Carry as one example. They were more educational and less nonsensical idiocy. The NRA actually backed the ban on Automatic Weapons. They testified in Congress that it was good law and necessary.

So saying that Kennedy was in the NRA and that proves it. Nonsense. Context. You need context. You would denounce the NRA of that Era as gun grabbing liberals.

The group in that era was more about marksmanship and education. Absolutely unrecognizable as the group of today.

In that era Concealed Weapons Licenses were hard to get. Hell you needed permits to possess weapons in most cities. See NYC as one example.

That’s the problem with flash card history like you are using. It doesn’t look at the issues in context. JFK was practically a radical. He opposed the use of force for crazy national security goals. See Bay of Pigs and Cuban Missile Crisis. The Conservatives wanted an invasion of Cuba. JFK opposed.

JFK started the Special Warfare and Green Berets. The idea that expertly trained advisors to help embattled allies was about as far as he was willing to go.

Yes.....you want the NRA out of the effort to keep you from banning guns...we get it. They are no longer the group they used to be, since they have to deal with corrupt leadership, but you want them to stop resisting you, to simply teach gun safety until you take all the guns.....

We get it....

Luckily, there are more and more groups taking the place of the NRA....so you keep harping on them.......please......keep focusing on the NRA.......

When a magazine comes with a gun you don't "invest in them"

In fact buying a gun or an extra magazine is not an investment at all DumbAss
I dont know about that. I haven't sold many guns, but I got considerably more than I paid for each one that I sold. I doubled my money when I sold my Colt Sporter II back in the nineties.

Yes.....you want the NRA out of the effort to keep you from banning guns...we get it. They are no longer the group they used to be, since they have to deal with corrupt leadership, but you want them to stop resisting you, to simply teach gun safety until you take all the guns.....

We get it....

Luckily, there are more and more groups taking the place of the NRA....so you keep harping on them.......please......keep focusing on the NRA.......

Again. I need to explain context.

Marvin made the argument that Kennedy would be Conservative today. He was a lifetime member of the NRA. I was explaining the history of the NRA.

I am also a member of the NRA. And the ACLU. I am in favor of licensed concealed carry. I am not in favor of Constitutional Carry. I have a license.

I am in favor of training and education. Many of our news stories would be avoided if the permitted gun carrying individuals would have had a clue what they were doing. Take the Brunswick Trio of idiots. If they had gone through the same training I did, they would have known not to do any of that shit. Daddy McMichaels wouldn’t be in the Georgia State Prison Hospital waiting to die.

But Georgia doesn’t require training. I went ahead and did it voluntarily. Because thinking you know what the laws say is good. Learning what they actually say is better. It arms you with the most valuable thing of all. Knowledge.

So before you assume you know what I am saying or intending, or worst of all believe. You might read the whole thing including the message I replied to.

Again. I need to explain context.

Marvin made the argument that Kennedy would be Conservative today. He was a lifetime member of the NRA. I was explaining the history of the NRA.

I am also a member of the NRA. And the ACLU. I am in favor of licensed concealed carry. I am not in favor of Constitutional Carry. I have a license.

I am in favor of training and education. Many of our news stories would be avoided if the permitted gun carrying individuals would have had a clue what they were doing. Take the Brunswick Trio of idiots. If they had gone through the same training I did, they would have known not to do any of that shit. Daddy McMichaels wouldn’t be in the Georgia State Prison Hospital waiting to die.

But Georgia doesn’t require training. I went ahead and did it voluntarily. Because thinking you know what the laws say is good. Learning what they actually say is better. It arms you with the most valuable thing of all. Knowledge.

So before you assume you know what I am saying or intending, or worst of all believe. You might read the whole thing including the message I replied to.

No...there aren't "many" news stories of permitted gun owners causing trouble..........the vast majority of stories are about known, repeat, violent offenders with guns, gun they can't buy, own or carry shooting at other criminals in democrat party controlled cities......

The NRA did not start lobbying until the early 70s, 100 years after their creation. They promoted wade gun ownership. They still do.

The NRA did not start lobbying until the early 70s, 100 years after their creation. They promoted wade gun ownership. They still do.

Not exactly. In fact. Not at all.

The 1930s crime spree of the Prohibition era, which still summons images of outlaws outfitted with machine guns, prompted President Franklin Roosevelt to make gun control a feature of the New Deal. The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

That was testimony in Congress to promote the National Firearms Act. The first Federal Gun Ban.

The problem is we judge things based upon our own experiences. Our own lives. There is a very long history to the NRA that predates any of us.

Many of the Common Sense Gun Restrictions denounced by the Right today were advocated by the NRA in the past. It is true that times have changed. And so has the NRA. To say they didn’t Lobby is laughable.

The NRA supported the Milford Act in California.

That was when Ronald Reagan was President.

I could go on. But by now you should see what I mean. The NRA today is much like the Republicans. Very different than their historical examples.

Not exactly. In fact. Not at all.

The 1930s crime spree of the Prohibition era, which still summons images of outlaws outfitted with machine guns, prompted President Franklin Roosevelt to make gun control a feature of the New Deal. The NRA assisted Roosevelt in drafting the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act, the first federal gun control laws. These laws placed heavy taxes and regulation requirements on firearms that were associated with crime, such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and silencers. Gun sellers and owners were required to register with the federal government and felons were banned from owning weapons. Not only was the legislation unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court in 1939, but Karl T. Frederick, the president of the NRA, testified before Congress stating, “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

That was testimony in Congress to promote the National Firearms Act. The first Federal Gun Ban.

The problem is we judge things based upon our own experiences. Our own lives. There is a very long history to the NRA that predates any of us.

Many of the Common Sense Gun Restrictions denounced by the Right today were advocated by the NRA in the past. It is true that times have changed. And so has the NRA. To say they didn’t Lobby is laughable.

The NRA supported the Milford Act in California.

That was when Ronald Reagan was President.

I could go on. But by now you should see what I mean. The NRA today is much like the Republicans. Very different than their historical examples.
Try again:

While NRA did not lobby directly at this time, it did mail out legislative facts and analyses to members, whereby they could take action on their own. In 1975, recognizing the critical need for political defense of the Second Amendment, NRA formed the Institute for Legislative Action, or ILA.

As I posted.

Forum List

Back