The Next Stimulus Bill

• Banned
Much of the military spending in the GOP's HEALS Act replaces funding that was redirected to pay for Trump's border wall.

"I believe we need to act with a sense of urgency. The American people are fighters, but the accumulated strain of this pandemic is a serious burden on folks," said Shelby, who chairs the Senate's Appropriations Committee, in a press release. "With the additional resources this legislation provides, I believe we can give them greater confidence that we are getting our arms around this virus."

Speaking of arms, Shelby's bill includes $283 million for the Army through the end of 2022 "to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus, domestically or internationally", on the condition that money be spent on acquiring AH–64 Apache attack helicopters made by Boeing.

The legislation also gives the Army another $375 million for upgrading its compliment of Stryker armored personnel carriers, which are made by General Dynamics. The Army reportedly awarded the company a $2.48 billion contract to build new, more mine-resistant Stryker vehicles in June. The text of the HEALS Act says that this funding will come in addition to any money that's already been allocated.

So, will this give Trump an even 10 Trillion in just this year? Or will he still be a tad short?

Just the opening act. Republicans can't even agree on the numbers in the bill amongst themselves. And that's before they start negotiating with the Democrats. Who have already said it is "lacking"...or I think Bernie called it "pathetic". All they have to do is sit back and watch the Republicans implode. If this doesn't seal the fact that Republicans can't govern, I don't know what does.

Paying for Trump's theft from the pentagon budget with theft from pandemic relief. Nice.

Take your free gubbmint money and invest in printing presses. Just a matter of time before liberals make it legal for you to print all the money you want. Hint: You'll need truckloads to buy your next smart phone so but big, fast presses!

$30 trillion here we come, a new 10 trillion under Trump alone.

Bravo.

I say none, nada, zilch for now!

But it's going to happen. And then you will still vote (R)?

If the D's vote 3 trill, and the R's vote 1 trill, I'll still vote!
I like the sound of music as the Titanic goes down.
Hopefully we can obliterate China before we slip underneath the waves!

Bravo.
If the democrats had not shut the economy down there would not be any need of this shit

LOL....Trump shut it down. Did you forget about his daily briefings with the good doc by his side?

Around here I got to watch Justice (R) WV and DeWine (R) Ohio shut everything down. DeWine was one of the first.

Bravo.

I say none, nada, zilch for now!

But it's going to happen. And then you will still vote (R)?

If the D's vote 3 trill, and the R's vote 1 trill, I'll still vote!
I like the sound of music as the Titanic goes down.
Hopefully we can obliterate China before we slip underneath the waves!

No, that's not how it works but I'm sure that is how you'll explain your vote away.

Nothing can pass without the GOP lead Senate passing it and Trump signing it.

Bravo.
If the democrats had not shut the economy down there would not be any need of this shit

LOL....Trump shut it down. Did you forget about his daily briefings with the good doc by his side?

Around here I got to watch Justice (R) WV and DeWine (R) Ohio shut everything down. DeWine was one of the first.
When exactly did he shut down each state's economy? Give the date and how he did it?

Bravo.

When exactly did he shut down each state's economy? Give the date and how he did it?

What a cowardly cop out.

Forum List

Back