The Norwegian Breast (Metaphysics)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This media-idealism 'tale' was inspired by Hearts in Atlantis and Batteries Not Included.

Signing off,

norway (3).jpg

====

An idealistic Internet-blogger calling himself 'Scarecrow' was obsessed with Thomas More's Utopia and envisioned discovering the lost city of Atlantis someday. Scarecrow (real name: Stan) dreamt that Utopia was somehow hidden underground in the nation of Norway somewhere. Scarecrow reasoned that since Norway was on the western edge of Scandinavia (a politically-neutral and hence historically peaceful region), it must hide some great secret regarding governance-ethics. Scarecrow started posting pictures of himself next to portraits of the Christian archangel Michael, with himself (Scarecrow) holding up a vial of perfume meant to symbolize either poison or water from the fabled Fountain of Youth. Scarecrow wrote, "Immortality and our vain quest for it may lead us to a Utopian underground in Norway...or it might invoke the wrathful spirit of the archangel Michael."

apollo.jpg

Scarecrow decided to travel to Oslo, Norway for Halloween and search for Utopia/Atlantis off its coast. He got scuba-gear and plunged very deep (with a specially-designed breathing-tank made by his 'mad scientist' college buddy living in Oslo). Scarecrow found an incredible underwater city (completely lit!) and swam towards it! He discovered that the city was called Nesta, and it was ruled by an underwater elfin-mermaid queen named Nest. Nest explained to Scarecrow that he stumbled upon her sacred city of Nesta, since he was earnestly curious about paradise and immortality, and she gave him a special vial filled with a glowing golden liquid. She told him that if anyone drank from the vial, he/she would become a child and would remain a child forever. Scarecrow told Nest that he was an avid 'Internet-blogger,' and Nest told Scarecrow she was knowledgeable about what the Internet (and computers) symbolized and that Scarecrow was the ideal 'diplomat' for her golden-vial 'mission.' Scarecrow returned to America eager to blog on the Internet about his golden-vial.

apolly.jpg

"Deep in the waters off the coast of Norway, I discovered an unbelievable city called Nesta which was ruled by a majestic and mystical elfin-mermaid queen named Nest. Nest gave me a golden-vial filled with a special gold liquid, which, if drunk, can turn anyone into a child...and that person would remain a child forever! I blog about this golden-vial, because I still haven't decided if all of this was real or if I simply dreamed it and then awoke and rationalized calling my gold-perfume bottle the 'special golden-vial' Queen Nest gave to me! Whatever immortality is, I am certain (after going to several prayer-sessions to my Catholic church and praying to the archangel Michael) that curiosity can be both intriguing and dangerous! Perhaps the Internet inspires much intellectual-freedom dialogue...unless someone someday discovers an Internet-looping super-virus which has the power to scramble all blogs(!). The modern world is filled with...ambition."

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back