The Nuclear Family

The radical left has wanted to destroy the traditional nuclear family for a long time now. Are they succeeding? I say NO, but some disagree.

I don't think the radical left or anyone else want to "destroy" the nuclear family.

The nuclear family is evolving into the "two income family," responding to economic necessity and loss of the greater efficiency of extended families , clans or tribes.

We can quibble about which necessities are really necessary,( see Maslow's "hierarchy of needs") , and "Every Family is Different," but the impetus for the destruction of any family is "internal dynamics," or maybe not enough "internal dynamics?"

I don't think the radical left or anyone else want to "destroy" the nuclear family.

The nuclear family is evolving into the "two income family," responding to economic necessity and loss of the greater efficiency of extended families , clans or tribes.

We can quibble about which necessities are really necessary,( see Maslow's "hierarchy of needs") , and "Every Family is Different," but the impetus for the destruction of any family is "internal dynamics," or maybe not enough "internal dynamics?"
The Democrat policies put in place in the 60s decimated Black communities. 70 percent of Black children are born to single mothers.

The Democrat policies put in place in the 60s decimated Black communities. 70 percent of Black children are born to single mothers.
the 70 percent statistic is staggering ,

There have been enormous pressures on all families, pressures exerted not by some largely fictional "radical left," but by the inevitable demands of capitalism, itself.

A traditional, nuclear family is still possible. All about choices.

What we are seeing is the rise of dual income no kids. It's a growing trend. These young married childless couples are learning they can do well financially by focusing on work and making as much money as fast as they can. This leads to great Financials and earlier retirement. Yes it is a choice. And some probably regret it later. But it is a growing trend and one that is not going to stop. It takes 2 incomes to get started and get ahead. This is what the economy has evolved into since the early 80s.

the traditional nuclear family

gettyimages-178352531.jpg

The radical left has wanted to destroy the traditional nuclear family for a long time now. Are they succeeding? I say NO, but some disagree.

Nobody is trying to destroy anything. Things change, that is the only constant in the universe.

What defines a family is ever in flux, you cannot stop it.

"The nuclear family is evolving"
You are about 50 years behind. Not surprisingly.
"WE" Nuclear taxpaying families (see CA) have had to be two-income since the late 70s'-80s'. As we work to pay the massive Tax burder to support your Illegals and your Black ghetto welfare class as they breed 5-9 children from Single mothers with many fathers. Now the illegals see the "Golden ticket" they discuss upon entry.//

Last edited:
Nobody is trying to destroy anything. Things change, that is the only constant in the universe.

What defines a family is ever in flux, you cannot stop it.
"Family" suggests agreement, cohesion. Break that down and...no family.

"Family" suggests agreement, cohesion. Break that down and...no family.
not many tribes or clans left either.

the choices more often made on economic basis than political, and is certainly not driven by any party.

The Nuclear Family Was a Mistake

You are about 50 years behind. Not surprisingly.
"WE" Nuclear taxpaying families (see CA) have had to be two-income since the late 70s'-80s'. As we work to pay the massive Tax burder to support your Illegals and your Black ghetto welfare class as they breed 5-9 children from Single mothers with many fathers. Now the illegals see the "Golden ticket" they discuss upon entry.//
Since 1990, fertility rates among all major "racial" groups have been falling; fastest among African Americans and Latinas.

Since 1990, fertility rates among all major "racial" groups have been falling; fastest among African Americans and Latinas.

You better get some link: White ~58% back then.

1712000196308.png

White 52% now. Blacks down 0.1% Brown up 3%.
1712000255131.png

Gotta dig thru Google to find the real facts. Can't take the top seaches. They skew facts. No time for this BS. Yes according to this site it dropped. But all dropped from 1980, now we bring them in fully grown onto SS and Welfare. Criminals too.
1712000663335.png

Bottom line: In CA, many many many needed both working to cover massive TAX+COL burden. While many did not work at all and seemed to exist similarly.\\

Last edited:
So, after my parents got divorced we were no longer a family?

I would tend to disagree.
After my divorce we were still 'related' but no longer a family. My daughter once called me "the dad who was never there". My son had anger issues with me for years, as I was blamed for the divorce. Also, when the non-custodial parent becomes just a weekend 'visitor' he or she isn't part of the 'family'. Even with shared custody one 'family' will prevail over the other, usually the one headed by the mother, as kids need mothering in their early years more than they need fathering.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back