The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

Cuba has nothing to do with this.
That is incorrect. Hiroshima was key to restraining the US and USSR during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

You and I (and everyone else) would be dead right now if Hiroshima had never been bombed.

Why the rush to drop the bomb?
Because we were at war.

WAIT THREE DAYS!!!!
No. We were going to pound Japan as hard as we could until they surrendered.

Because Truman did not want a surrender until he got to show Russia his new toy
Truman just wanted Japan to surrender period.

The bombs were not for Japan
Yes they were. There is a reason why we attack countries when we are at war with them.

The Japanese did some of the most heinous warcrimes. Meanwhile Hirohito cowardly tried to claim he had little power and walked.

"The issue of Emperor Hirohito's war responsibility is a controversial matter.[4] There is no consensus among scholars. During wartime the allies frequently depicted Hirohito to equate with Hitler and Mussolini as the three Axis dictators.[51] The apologist thesis, which argues that Hirohito had been a "powerless figurehead" without any implication in wartime policies, was the dominant postwar narrative until 1989.[52][53] After Hirohito's death, critical historians[54] say that Hirohito wielded more power than previously believed,[51][54][55] and he was actively involved in the decision to launch the war as well as in other political and military decisions before.[56] Moderates argue that Hirohito had some involvement, but his power was limited by cabinet members, ministers and other people of the military oligarchy.[57]"
He was mostly likely kept unaware of atrocities but ultimately he was responsible

The Japanese did some of the most heinous warcrimes. Meanwhile Hirohito cowardly tried to claim he had little power and walked.

"The issue of Emperor Hirohito's war responsibility is a controversial matter.[4] There is no consensus among scholars. During wartime the allies frequently depicted Hirohito to equate with Hitler and Mussolini as the three Axis dictators.[51] The apologist thesis, which argues that Hirohito had been a "powerless figurehead" without any implication in wartime policies, was the dominant postwar narrative until 1989.[52][53] After Hirohito's death, critical historians[54] say that Hirohito wielded more power than previously believed,[51][54][55] and he was actively involved in the decision to launch the war as well as in other political and military decisions before.[56] Moderates argue that Hirohito had some involvement, but his power was limited by cabinet members, ministers and other people of the military oligarchy.[57]"
Is that an effort to excuse Truman’s war crime? They did it so we can too. Nanananana….The argument of the feeble minded.

That is incorrect. Hiroshima was key to restraining the US and USSR during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

You and I (and everyone else) would be dead right now if Hiroshima had never been bombed.

Because we were at war.

No. We were going to pound Japan as hard as we could until they surrendered.

Truman just wanted Japan to surrender period.

Yes they were. There is a reason why we attack countries when we are at war with them.
None of what you posted means as anything

Is that an effort to excuse Truman’s war crime? They did it so we can too. Nanananana….The argument of the feeble minded.
Just telling the truth. Make of it what you wish. Study the Japanese atrocities during WWII. Try to understand the atmosphere at the time. One can actually disagree with what Truman did but understand the circumstances at the time. It takes more intellect than you posses I guess.

Just telling the truth. Make of it what you wish. Study the Japanese atrocities during WWII. Try to understand the atmosphere at the time. One can actually disagree with what Truman did but understand the circumstances at the time. It takes more intellect than you posses I guess.
No. Wrong. Just because the Japanese commit atrocities does not excuse American atrocities. Truman should have been executed.

Why would I leave,
Because you said that hacks who know nothing about history should leave, and you are a hack who knows nothing of history.

Given your vast and total ignorance of this subject, you are the only junior here.

You never did tell me how many years you've been teaching History.
You lack the intelligence to understand this, but other people's private lives are none of your business.

Oh, and did you notice all the many, many references, links, and direct quotes I have posted on this topic?
You have backed up none of your personal attacks against me.

You have also not backed up your claims about Japan being willing to surrender before the atomic bombs were dropped.

Truman made the right decision, WW II had 82MM+ casualties, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki killed 226,000 and ultimately saved 2MM + more casualties from occurring. As harsh as this sounds, this was the best decision.

Wrong.
Japan had no more planes, ships, fuel, pilots, food, steel, coal, etc.
Their islands had turned into prison camps they could no longer escape from.
They were dying by the tens of thousands.
Anyone claiming we ever had to invade, is just lying.

Forum List

Back