🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The NYT Likely Broke Law by Publishing Trump’s Taxes. Free Speech is No Excuse

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Obozo naturally won't prosecute them for this but trump might. They took a big chance here.

The New York Times Likely Broke Law by Publishing Trump’s Taxes. Free Speech is No Excuse.

oct 2 2016 The New York Times just published Donald Trump’s tax returns without his “affirmative authorization” as required by law. (See IRS Publication 4639). This violates the plain language of the law, and is considered criminal if “willful.” In tax laws in general, and First Amendment cases as well, courts compel a definition of willful that requires the individual know the law and know the law prohibits them from doing what they did. Here is where The New York Times runs into true trouble.

Kind of funny, to see this. The law was broken when emails were hacked and leaked and published.

Obozo naturally won't prosecute them for this but trump might. They took a big chance here.

The New York Times Likely Broke Law by Publishing Trump’s Taxes. Free Speech is No Excuse.

oct 2 2016 The New York Times just published Donald Trump’s tax returns without his “affirmative authorization” as required by law. (See IRS Publication 4639). This violates the plain language of the law, and is considered criminal if “willful.” In tax laws in general, and First Amendment cases as well, courts compel a definition of willful that requires the individual know the law and know the law prohibits them from doing what they did. Here is where The New York Times runs into true trouble.

Take 'em to court or stfu.

Kind of funny, to see this. The law was broken when emails were hacked and leaked and published.
yes, but still a major difference. Hillary is government. Trump is civilian.
It is obvious most of the idiots on this board cannot comprehend that difference nor do they understand how a business that employs people and owns assets works when it comes to tax laws or they play ignorant. Regardless they act like idiots.

Last edited:
...and? The evil right is preventing prosecution?

The evil right applauded it.

No one is preventing any prosecution in your OP.
I had no OP and stealing tax info and publishing it is much more serious than email conversations.

Stealing confidential material via hacking IS serious.

It is obvious most of the idiots on this board cannot comprehend that difference nor do they understand how a business that employees people and owns assets works when it comes to tax laws or they play ignorant. Regardless they act like idiots.
Obviously Trump really lost a billion in real estate ... out of his own pocket. You are a genius.

Stealing is stealing. Funny sort of moral compass that tries to parse this.
IDK maybe. For me personally, I am much more worried about our government than what civilians do in their own time.
Government is ALOT more dangerous. Trump is just greedy. Like 90% of rich/powerful people. Hell, even common joes like you and I..

Trunp must be absolutely furious. He is going to launch the best lawsuit we have ever seen.

It is not illegal for the NYT to publish a tax return left in their mailbox.

Sorry about that!

Try again.

...and? The evil right is preventing prosecution?

The evil right applauded it.

No one is preventing any prosecution in your OP.
I had no OP and stealing tax info and publishing it is much more serious than email conversations.

Stealing confidential material via hacking IS serious.
Yep, but personal conversations versus financial information aren't equitable so I can't agree with your deflection. National security issues even worse though.

There are a lot of deductions, exemptions, and credits the wealthy are able to use to cancel out their tax bill, and force all of you middle class taxpayers to make up the difference.

So go ahead and whine about how awful it is that Trump's tax return was published, suckers.

Forum List

Back