The Obamacare/shutdown battle has spawned myriad myths

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
Of course Krauthammer nails the freaking argument!

President Obama indignantly insists that GOP attempts to abolish or amend Obama*care are unseemly because it is “settled” law, having passed both houses of Congress, obtained his signature and passed muster with the Supreme Court.

Yes, settledness makes for a strong argument — except from a president whose administration has unilaterally changed Obama*care five times after its passage, including, most brazenly, a year-long suspension of the employer mandate.

Article I of the Constitution grants the legislative power entirely to Congress. Under what constitutional principle has Obama unilaterally amended the law? Yet when the House of Representatives undertakes a constitutionally correct, i.e., legislative, procedure for suspending the other mandate — the individual mandate — this is portrayed as some extra-constitutional sabotage of the rule of law. Why is tying that amendment to a generalized spending bill an outrage, while unilateral amendment by the executive (with a Valerie Jarrett blog item for spin) is perfectly fine?

Charles Krauthammer: Who shut down Yellowstone? - The Washington Post

1005630_580307942011029_1134387032_n.jpg

Is this a myth as well?

Over 8.9 million moms and kids under five living near or below the poverty line rely on the program’s supplemental vouchers for healthy food, breastfeeding support, infant formula and other necessities dispensed at clinics nationwide.

The USDA estimates that most states will be able to continue WIC operations as usual for “a week or so” before running out of money. The department’s Food and Nutrition Service has a contingency fund of only $125 million available for this $7 billion annual appropriation.

So far the situation is most dire in Arkansas and Utah, according to Rev. Douglas Greenaway, who heads up nonprofit advocacy group the National WIC Association. Utah’s WIC program, which already serves 65,000 moms and babies, has now stopped accepting new participants.

“There are health consequences when mothers cannot provide food and nutrition for their kids,” said Rev. Greenaway. “There’ll be no infant formula and no breastfeeding support. If the baby doesn’t latch, that’s it.”

Government Shutdown: 9 Million Moms And Babies At Risk As WIC Program Halts - Forbes

It's amazing how targeted essential programs CAN be-

I'll bet dollars to donuts no WIC kids die because of the shutdown... ZERO

most look like they need to get out and exercise some of that stored extra nutrients.

Y'all know the 'I' stands for 'infants,' right? If the baby doesn't latch, or the milk doesn't have enough sustenance, and obviously there will be no formula - then what?

I hope nobody is still wondering why the GOP is perceived as heartless.

Mr. President, You Can End the Government Shutdown

President Obama has made it clear he “will not negotiate” when it comes to ending the government shutdown.

At last check, the nation’s capital wasn’t run by one branch of government, or even one political party. But President Obama is so intent on protecting his unpopular, unworkable, and unfair health care law that he’d prefer to keep the government closed.

Mr. President, here’s a five-point plan to end the government shutdown—using some of your favorite phrases.

1. “Here’s the deal”: Have a serious conversation with congressional leadership to talk about the real issue driving the shutdown—the negative consequences of Obamacare. Quit giving us lengthy law school lectures about why you are right and then dismissing the class.

2. “Let me be clear”: Mr. President, you’ve already delayed or repealed 14 provisions in Obamacare. Why are you unwilling to recognize how Obamacare has negatively impacted the American people? Certainly, it shouldn’t take wrecking the economy and putting bureaucrats between doctors and their patients. There is a better way.

3. “It will not be easy”: The American people need a leader, not a lecturer.

4. “Make no mistake”: Despite the fact that you claim Obamacare will lower premiums, expand coverage, and increase wellness, the evidence is overwhelmingly against you. Obamacare is raising premiums for most Americans, making it difficult for those out of work to find jobs, and cutting workers’ hours. The cost of Obamacare to the budget, the taxpayers, and to the future of health care in this country is too high.

5. “Yes we can”: When a majority of Americans oppose your signature accomplishment and the implementation of the law isn’t working, it’s time for a different course. We can reform health care so that patients are in charge of their health care decisions.

The House of Representatives has passed a number of bills that would fully fund the government or specific functions of government, including a couple that would have defunded or delayed Obamacare. Yet President Obama has threatened vetoes, and his allies in the Senate are refusing to consider the House bills altogether.

Despite the news media’s tainted portrayal, the President seems intent on continuing his reckless and irresponsible position on the government shutdown, much like his position on barricading and blocking access for veterans to the World War II Memorial in Washington.

For President Obama and his political allies, protecting a failed law that is hurting the country seems to be their top priority.

But millions of infants will die due to liberal policies AKA abortion.

But if they live they go hungry. Which is fine with the heartless bitches supporting the shutdown - not so much me.

Ever hear a hungry baby cry? Ever? Doubtful. Because you wouldn't be saying so what if they go hungry, they won't die.

Completely heartless. "give them life, but don't worry if you can't feed them. It's not like they'll die."

You make me sick.

Huh huh have you??? The histrionics are absurd!

Tell the fucking bozo in chief to fund WIC Go ahead and bitch him out for being so heartless and cruel to them screaming babies!

But if they live they go hungry. Which is fine with the heartless bitches supporting the shutdown - not so much me.

Ever hear a hungry baby cry? Ever? Doubtful. Because you wouldn't be saying so what if they go hungry, they won't die.

Completely heartless. "give them life, but don't worry if you can't feed them. It's not like they'll die."

You make me sick.

Give it up, BDBoop. They don't care. It doesn't affect them personally. They may even enjoy it a little.

Tell the fucking bozo in chief to fund WIC Go ahead and bitch him out for being so heartless and cruel to them screaming babies!

Have I? Of course. I'm a mother and grandmother to boot. When a baby is hungry and not fed fast enough - you wanna hear histrionics??

But you don't mind if babies are hungry, as long as nobody dies.

Fuck you.

You make me sick.

Give it up, BDBoop. They don't care. It doesn't affect them personally. They may even enjoy it a little.

Probably.

Talk about sick people.

God.

It doesn't affect me personally, either.

But I love babies. And this is just beyond the pale.

Have I? Of course. I'm a mother and grandmother to boot. When a baby is hungry and not fed fast enough - you wanna hear histrionics??

Fuck you.

Oh my GAWD! Everyone knows hungry babies cry... BUT WHY IN THE FUCK are you not demanding senate democrats fund WIC while they sort this whole thing out???

It's because YOU don't really give a fucking damn! I GUARANTEE republicans would agree to fund WIC in the interim.

ALL you care about is performing useless histrionics.

So, it's ok. They're not dropping dead. Gotcha.

What, you want babies to drop dead? Of course you do! I'll bet you support ripping them from the womb too~

How about you demand congress fund WIC while they sort out the rest?

If you don't then you are just a partisan heartless hack!

So, it's ok. They're not dropping dead. Gotcha.

What, you want babies to drop dead? Of course you do! I'll bet you support ripping them from the womb too~

How about you demand congress fund WIC while they sort out the rest?

If you don't then you are just a partisan heartless hack!

Holy, speaking of histrionics!

I got nothing on you, babycakes.

:rofl:

Fuck you.

Oh my GAWD! Everyone knows hungry babies cry... BUT WHY IN THE FUCK are you not demanding senate democrats fund WIC while they sort this whole thing out???

It's because YOU don't really give a fucking damn! I GUARANTEE republicans would agree to fund WIC in the interim.

ALL you care about is performing useless histrionics.

Oh, no you don't. You're fine with hungry babies, don't make this about congress etc. I am disgusted by you thinking everything is fine since babies (allegedly) won't actually starve to death. Deflection won't change that.

Forum List

Back