The official 'Black Deaths Matter' Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, check it out, this is a picture of the guy who killed Serenity Broughton.

View attachment 647131

He doesn't look like a Mafioso to me.

His two friends still haven't been caught because nobody saw nuthin'.

And, oh, yeah, the evil white cops wanted to arrest this piece of human garbage right away. The person who wanted to release him was Kim Foxx.

I don't always agree with Mike, but he's got a point. Where is the outrage about this case? People get outraged when a Laquan McDonald or George Floyd dies at the hands of incompetent police. But those cops showed bad judgement. They didn't wake up that morning and say, "I'm gonna kill me a black person!"

This piece of garbage and his two friends who have yet to be identified got up that morning and decided they were going to shoot up Serenity's grandmother's house after he got into a flame war on Facebook with the girl's uncle.

He was on parole for armed robbery in 2018.

Where's the outrage against this guy?
Joe, You really need to stop. What did you do in Chicago to stop things?

Nothing.

If you need to believe that, that's on you. Oprah would disagree with you... but I'm sure you'd consider her a sellout.

Serenity is a seven year old girl who was killed by three black thugs. I can understand why you never heard of her... there's no political gain like a drug user who goes belly up when the cops are trying to arrest him.
You guys highlight this while white racism is killing 600 blacks a day. The black community was outraged at this killing but whites like you and Mike ignore that. Whites like you and Mike have ignored the complaints from blacks across the nation to fund initiatives in black communities that are created by the blacks in them. But you will run to this thread to talk your punk ass bullshit.

I've seen from experience what whites don't do in cities. I've met with white bank presidents who had millions of black dollars sitting in their banks asking for contributions for a program that offered alternatives to drug sales and getting turned down. Then I would see that same bank president on TV declaring how terrible such crime is and how something needs to be done.

So I'm about tired of you white motherfuckers here and your bullshit. Neither you or Mike gave a fuck about that little girl while she was alive. Had you done so, you would have stood with members f that community at city hall every time over the years as they asked the city to provide the funds they need to create solutions.

And now your sorry white ass wants to pontificate. The mob runs crime in Chicago. That includes the black street thugs. Understand that.

You guys highlight this while white racism is killing 600 blacks a day. The black community was outraged at this killing but whites like you and Mike ignore that. Whites like you and Mike have ignored the complaints from blacks across the nation to fund initiatives in black communities that are created by the blacks in them. But you will run to this thread to talk your punk ass bullshit.

I've seen from experience what whites don't do in cities. I've met with white bank presidents who had millions of black dollars sitting in their banks asking for contributions for a program that offered alternatives to drug sales and getting turned down. Then I would see that same bank president on TV declaring how terrible such crime is and how something needs to be done.

So I'm about tired of you white motherfuckers here and your bullshit. Neither you or Mike gave a fuck about that little girl while she was alive. Had you done so, you would have stood with members f that community at city hall every time over the years as they asked the city to provide the funds they need to create solutions.

And now your sorry white ass wants to pontificate. The mob runs crime in Chicago. That includes the black street thugs. Understand that.
BLAH BLAH BLAH "RACISM KILLS 600 BLACKS A DAY BLAH BLAH BLAH you are broken record you bring NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE except your hatred racism and deflection.

What a stupid post even for you. Joe just posted the picture of SERENITY's KILLER. You know the innocent girl you won't even acknowledge by SAYING HER NAME?
No the stupid is you. Joe lives in Chicago. What did he do while that child was living to provide alternatives? The same thing your ass did. Sit on your white ass and talk bullshit about blacks online. You never gave a damn about that child and you aren't doing anything to save another one.

No the stupid is you. Joe lives in Chicago. What did he do while that child was living to provide alternatives? The same thing your ass did. Sit on your white ass and talk bullshit about blacks online. You never gave a damn about that child and you aren't doing anything to save another one.
Oh there we go with the profanity again angry little black man. SAY HER NAME SERENITY. You're scared.

28 more Black people shot this weekend. Sadly that's kind of an average count these days. Oh and here is a picture of one of Paul Essian's "White Supremacists" who shot and killed a motorist.

BLAH BLAH BLAH "RACISM KILLS 600 BLACKS A DAY BLAH BLAH BLAH you are broken record you bring NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE except your hatred racism and deflection.
I am stating medical fact bitch.

“Racism is part of the fabric of life for African Americans and is among the causes of enduring negative health outcomes. There is really nothing new or startling in the assertion that social circumstances encountered as part of day-to-day experience influence physical health. At the turn of the last century, W. E. B. Du Bois (1906) and Kelly Miller (1897) proposed in separate manuscripts that oppressive social conditions encroaching on the lives of African Americans contributed to poor health and premature death.

Fifty years later, Frantz
Fanon’s classic studies (1967, 1968) examined the effects of oppression and included a recognition of “psychosomatic”—that is physical—consequences. Currently, social epidemiologists, health psychologists, and medical sociologists have extended the insights of these important early scholars by showing how racism generates systems and practices that contribute to persistent disparities in health outcomes.

Estimates indicate that the failure to erase these disparities costs tens of thousands of African American lives each year. As long as the rates of the leading causes of death differ along racial lines, the specter of racism will haunt the United States. The persistence of racial health disparities and of racism in any form calls scholars, therapists, activists, and political leaders to vigorous action.”

Camara Jules P. Harrell, Tanisha I. Burford, Brandi N. Cage, Travette McNair Nelson, Sheronda Shearon, Adrian Thompson, and Steven Green, Multiple Pathways Linking Racism to Health Outcomes, US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health

. On June 3, 2020, SAMHSA’s Office of Behavioral Health Equity published a report titled, “Trauma, Racism, Chronic Stress and the Health of Black Americans.” They found that racism contributed to poor mental health and chronic physical health problems.

“Racism and associated trauma and violence contribute to mental health disorders, particularly depression, anxiety and PTSD, and chronic health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, hypertension, diabetes, maternal mortality/infant mortality and morbidity in African Americans. Racism is considered a fundamental cause of adverse health outcomes for racial/ethnic minorities and racial/ethnic inequities in health. The primary domains of racism - structural/institutional racism, cultural racism, and individual-level discrimination— are linked to mental and physical health outcomes. Racism and violence targeting a specific community is increasingly associated with complex trauma and intergenerational trauma, all of which have physical and behavioral health consequences.”

Trauma, Racism, Chronic Stress and the Health of Black Americans,
Compilation by the SAMHSA Office of Behavioral Health Equity, June 3, 2020, https://www.mhanational.org/sites/d...RaceViolenceandHealth SAMHSA OBHE 6.3.20.pdf

Geronimus, A. T., Hicken, M., Keene, D., & Bound, J. (2006). "Weathering" and age patterns of allostatic load scores among blacks and whites in the United States. American journal of public health, 96(5), 826–833. The American Journal of Public Health (AJPH) from the American Public Health Association (APHA) publications

I can keep going. White on black racism is the biggest killer of black people in America. You don't want to end that and want somebody to say a dead child's name who you are exploiting to push your racist narrative.

Oh there we go with the profanity again angry little black man. SAY HER NAME SERENITY. You're scared.
Yep, I am an angry black man with justification I can prove. You're j6st a little scared white weasel who can't handle the truth.

White racism is the biggest cause of death for black people. Say it!

28 more Black people shot this weekend. Sadly that's kind of an average count these days. Oh and here is a picture of one of Paul Essian's "White Supremacists" who shot and killed a motorist.

At least 1800 blacks died from stress caused by white racism this weekend. Sadly, that's been the average for the past 20 years. But we get told about 28 shootings by a white idiot with a racial problem

Yep, I am an angry black man with justification I can prove. You're j6st a little scared white weasel who can't handle the truth.

White racism is the biggest cause of death for black people. Say it!
Easy there fellah you are getting all worked up again. You may have to take another rehab break and refill your stress meds. :abgg2q.jpg:

At least 1800 blacks died from stress caused by white racism this weekend. Sadly, that's been the average for the past 20 years. But we get told about 28 shootings by a white idiot with a racial problem
WHOA 1800 BLACKS died of white racism this weekend!! I'm still waiting for you to produce ONE SINGLE DEATH CERTIFICATE that states "Death caused by white racism". You take yourself so seriously and everyone knows you are a joke, even the other Black USMB posters.

“This study demonstrates adverse effects of structural racism—specifically state-level racial disparities disadvantaging Blacks in political representation, employment, and incarceration —on past 12-month myocardial infarction. These adverse effects, however, were specific to Blacks, and among Whites, indicators of structural racism appear to have a benign or even beneficial effect on cardiac health. It is important to note that individual-level risk factors including age, sex, education, income, and medical insurance do not account for these findings. Furthermore, lending support to the construct validity of our measures of structural racism, the effects persist above and beyond those of state-level racial disparities in poverty.

Measures of structural racism pertaining to job status did not follow the expected pattern of association, and were inversely associated with myocardial infarction among Blacks. While this finding was unexpected, it is in line with results from previous studies that have documented that Black Americans in high status positions report greater exposure to interpersonal discrimination. This increased exposure, coupled with potential pressures to assimilate and to defy negative racist stereotypes, may in turn place high status Blacks at greater risk for adverse health outcomes. Our results similarly suggest that Black Americans in states with greater representation of Blacks in high status positions are at higher risk for heart attack.”

Lukachko, Alicia & Hatzenbuehler, Mark & Keyes, Katherine. (2014). Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States. Social science & medicine (1982). 103. 42-50. 10.1016/j.socscimed.2013.07.021.

“This study demonstrates adverse effects of structural racism—specifically state-level racial disparities disadvantaging Blacks in political representation, employment, and incarceration —on past 12-month myocardial infarction. These adverse effects, however, were specific to Blacks, and among Whites, indicators of structural racism appear to have a benign or even beneficial effect on cardiac health. It is important to note that individual-level risk factors including age, sex, education, income, and medical insurance do not account for these findings. Furthermore, lending support to the construct validity of our measures of structural racism, the effects persist above and beyond those of state-level racial disparities in poverty.

Measures of structural racism pertaining to job status did not follow the expected pattern of association, and were inversely associated with myocardial infarction among Blacks. While this finding was unexpected, it is in line with results from previous studies that have documented that Black Americans in high status positions report greater exposure to interpersonal discrimination. This increased exposure, coupled with potential pressures to assimilate and to defy negative racist stereotypes, may in turn place high status Blacks at greater risk for adverse health outcomes. Our results similarly suggest that Black Americans in states with greater representation of Blacks in high status positions are at higher risk for heart attack.”

Lukachko, Alicia & Hatzenbuehler, Mark & Keyes, Katherine. (2014). Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States. Social science & medicine (1982). 103. 42-50. 10.1016/j.socscimed.2013.07.021.
Produce ONE death certificate that supports this laughable Libtard theory. Say Serenity's name. Say Ky Ky's name. Otherwise take a hike no one buys the chum you are tossing.

Easy there fellah you are getting all worked up again. You may have to take another rehab break and refill your stress meds. :abgg2q.jpg:
Nah, I'm just getting warmed up.

Studies show that consistent exposure to adversity and marginalization causes early health declines in black Americans. Racism is a stressor that triggers the body into allostasis or better understood, and racism forces the body to adapt to stress. Allostasis is the process that helps us adapt to stress. Allostatic load is compiled damage to the body due to constant pressure. Such stress leads to allostatic overload, which is the point when the overall amount of stress causes health problems or death. For example, allostatic processes lead to increases in blood pressure, a leading cause of death in the black community.

Get a thesaurus because most of these words you won't understand since you seem to believe that racism can't cause stress.

Produce ONE death certificate that supports this laughable Libtard theory. Say Serenity's name. Say Ky Ky's name. Otherwise take a hike no one buys the chum you are tossing.
This is a fact and I don't have to produce anything just because your white ass doesn't believe something. I will bot be saying names.

Millions of black people affected by racial bias in health-care algorithms

An algorithm widely used in US hospitals to allocate health care to patients has been systematically discriminating against black people, a sweeping analysis has found.

When Obermeyer and his colleagues ran routine statistical checks on data they received from a large hospital, they were surprised to find that people who self-identified as black were generally assigned lower risk scores than equally sick white people. As a result, the black people were less likely to be referred to the programmes that provide more-personalized care.

The researchers found that the algorithm assigned risk scores to patients on the basis of total health-care costs accrued in one year. They say that this assumption might have seemed reasonable because higher health-care costs are generally associated with greater health needs. The average black person in the data set that the scientists used had similar overall health-care costs to the average white person.

But a closer look at the data revealed that the average black person was also substantially sicker than the average white person, with a greater prevalence of conditions such as diabetes, anaemia, kidney failure and high blood pressure. Taken together, the data showed that the care provided to black people cost an average of US$1,800 less per year than the care given to a white person with the same number of chronic health problems.

The scientists speculate that this reduced access to care is due to the effects of systemic racism, ranging from distrust of the health-care system to direct racial discrimination by health-care providers.

This is a fact and I don't have to produce anything just because your white ass doesn't believe something. I will bot be saying names.

Millions of black people affected by racial bias in health-care algorithms

An algorithm widely used in US hospitals to allocate health care to patients has been systematically discriminating against black people, a sweeping analysis has found.

When Obermeyer and his colleagues ran routine statistical checks on data they received from a large hospital, they were surprised to find that people who self-identified as black were generally assigned lower risk scores than equally sick white people. As a result, the black people were less likely to be referred to the programmes that provide more-personalized care.

The researchers found that the algorithm assigned risk scores to patients on the basis of total health-care costs accrued in one year. They say that this assumption might have seemed reasonable because higher health-care costs are generally associated with greater health needs. The average black person in the data set that the scientists used had similar overall health-care costs to the average white person.

But a closer look at the data revealed that the average black person was also substantially sicker than the average white person, with a greater prevalence of conditions such as diabetes, anaemia, kidney failure and high blood pressure. Taken together, the data showed that the care provided to black people cost an average of US$1,800 less per year than the care given to a white person with the same number of chronic health problems.

The scientists speculate that this reduced access to care is due to the effects of systemic racism, ranging from distrust of the health-care system to direct racial discrimination by health-care providers.

I see you actually DID MENTION SERENITY's NAME!!! Well done IM2 that is the first step to acknowledging a problem exists. Now that you have acknowledged her senseless death sitting in a car seat, how do you feel about Serenity and Ky Ky and the THOUSANDS of INNOCENT kids who have ACTUALLY DIED at the hands of drug/gang violence?

What are the effects of racism on health and mental health?

Racism, or discrimination based on race or ethnicity, is a key contributing factor in the onset of disease. It is also responsible for increasing disparities in physical and mental health among Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC).

There is considerable research to suggest that the stress associated with experiencing racism can have long lasting physical effects.

Stress can elevate blood pressure and weaken the immune system, which, in turn, raises the risk of developing long-term health conditions.

Racism is associatedTrusted Source with higher rates of stress, increasing a person of color’s risk of developing high blood pressure. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source report that Black people are more likely to have hypertension than any other racial or ethnic group.

Stress as a result of racism can also lead to behaviors that may cause further risk to physical health. For example, researchTrusted Source has found that discrimination is linked to higher rates of smoking, alcohol use, drug use, and unhealthful eating habits.

Also, a 2019 study found that racist experiences appear to increase inflammation in African American people, raising their risk of developing chronic conditions such as heart disease and kidney disease.

Another study found that unfair treatment of people of color has a significant consequential effect on sleep and physiological functioning in midlife.

Many studies have cited structural racism within medical care as a key factor in poor physical health. For example, a 2016 study into racial bias and pain management found a link between undertreating pain in Black patients and false biological beliefs, such as, “Black people’s skin is thicker than white people’s skin.”

The number 1 killer of black people is white racism. SAY IT LOU

Joe, You really need to stop. What did you do in Chicago to stop things?

Nothing.

Why is that my job? When I lived in Cicero (a notoriously crime-ridden suburb of Chicago), I did all the good citizen stuff. I called the cops when I saw shit that wasn't right, for what little good it did.
I've spent the last 12 years helping people from all communities in their job search and professional development activities.
Oh, yeah, and then there are those 11 years I spent in the military serving this country.

Wow, really?
Because checking my taxes, it seems I'm spending a LOT of money on programs that certainly don't benefit me.
These crimes don't happen because of lack of "initiatives", they happen because "the community" doesn't treat the death of Serenity Broughton with the same level of outrage that they treated the death of Laquan McDonald.
Now, again- I've taken a lot of grief from family and friends because I have said that the officer involved in the latter incident SHOULD be held accountable (and was).
When are they going to demand accountability for the killers of Serenity and others?

Sounds like you are confused as to what the role of a bank president is. It's not his job to fix what is wrong in the community. It's his job to make loans based on what is going to get his depositors the best return on investment.

Uh, guy, the "mob" has been gone for years in Chicago. The Feds, bless their little hearts, did a pretty good job of putting these guys in Jail thanks to RICO. The bigger street gangs like the El Rukns are gone to, mostly thanks to the Feds.

The problem in Chicago today are all the local street gangs fighting over drug corners.

And while I have supported social programs, the end all and be all of that problem is people who commit crimes and their neighbors who don't rat them out when they do stuff.

The only reason why we know who one of Serenity's three killers was because he was stupid enough to get into a flame war on Facebook with the girl's uncle. NOBODY seems to know who his two buddies are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back