The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing happened to me on the way out the door.

My wife handed me....a LIST!!!! :eek:

[youtube]bW7Op86ox9g[/youtube]​

LOL

No wonder it took you so long.

It's as hard on us as it is on you to give you A List.

;-)

I told her y'all were waitin' on me.

She would have none of it.

She said I could play with my friends after my chores were done. :(

Missed the big rulin' and errithing...

But did you get your piano lessons in?

That's not all.

He beat up his fiancée and got into a fight with a cop.

Both times he got off.

This seems to be the next logical step.

List the crimes that little angel Trayvon committed why dont ya... Oh yeah, because you want Zimmerman found guilty & thats all you freaks care about.

This trial is a sham!!

What unwritten rules was this guy following?

[youtube]qU0EJS3cJIc[/youtube]

Those rules you refer to...the gentleman's agreement...might have been in force when we were young men...but this was a stranger who Zimmerman believed was suspicious, and/or on drugs, in a crime ridden neighborhood...not two hayseeds out on Saturday night.

Say I goad you at a bar. Call your woman a whore. I am clearly a sorry ass for doing so, and probably deserve a good beating. I'm dishonorable, clearly not on moral high ground. But in the eyes of the law, if you throw the first punch, you are the initial aggressor, and I can respond with the force necessary to defend myself.

In this case, the defense is arguing that, in fact, Mr. Martin was armed. Not with a knife, but with the concrete sidewalk as a weapon.

Two points to respond to:

>>> Say I goad you at a bar. Call your woman a whore. I am clearly a sorry ass for doing so, and probably deserve a good beating. I'm dishonorable, clearly not on moral high ground. But in the eyes of the law, if you throw the first punch, you are the initial aggressor, and I can respond with the force necessary to defend myself.

That is my point as well. Now please show me the "proof" that TM threw the first punch. GZ's accusation is not proof. The witness that puts TM on top minutes later is not proof of who started the fight.

>>> In this case, the defense is arguing that, in fact, Mr. Martin was armed. Not with a knife, but with the concrete sidewalk as a weapon.

Yes, but oddly enough Zimmerman himself said he scooted off the "weapon." Once he scooted off the weapon the weapon was no longer a part of the fight. It was out of reach. Further, having been in such fights I can assure you that the lighter guy on top is not the person controlling the location of the ground in which they are fighting. Thus, why GZ was able to scoot them onto then off of the concrete. Why did GZ scoot onto the concrete in the first place? Ask him, or better yet ask the investigator why he did not think to ask that question.

I never switch sides. I dont have a side as you do. I look at both, so I dont get bored and start flaming those who could potentially disagree.

If it makes sense...I give it to him...if it doesnt...I dont. In the end, hopefully justice is served.

Never switch sides??????

You are only impartial if we take an average.

Nope...I see the good and bad of both...and have made a concerted effort to do so. Im on a message board...I can look at both sides and i dont care what people think. Its more fun to me.

Hard concept for you to understand Im sure. Who knows maybe you resent me because I can and you cant (wont).

So you don't examine issues and take a stand, but you find someone you dislike and switch sides to be a troll. That is fun to you? This is a game? We're talking about a dead kid and a 28 year old young man that could spend the rest of his life in jail. If you want fun, go find something in the conspiracy theories forum and have at it. Adults are talking here.

Those rules you refer to...the gentleman's agreement...might have been in force when we were young men...but this was a stranger who Zimmerman believed was suspicious, and/or on drugs, in a crime ridden neighborhood...not two hayseeds out on Saturday night.

I saw this and posted it awhile back.

Horrid.

This is why I have a gun(s) and I don't want anyone touching me before I use it for self defense.

;_)

This is total bull shit. He has to have a REASONABLE belief that his life is in imminent danger or great bodily harm. A REAONBLE BELIEF. He doesn't just get to decide, if someone punches him in the nose or knocks him down, that his life is in imminent danger so he gets to use deadly force.

You contradicted yourself.

And yes he does get to decide even without getting punched in the nose or knocked to the ground.

YOU don't get to decide for him how he felt.

He can say his life was in danger but that doesn't automatically equate to him walking free because he felt that way. They still have to prove their case, not just say oh he felt threatened so he shot the kid, don't we all feel sorry for this jerk?

I feel like I'm hearing a lot of excuses for that bad decision that day. This isn't the old West.

You're right, this isn't the old West, which was a lawless time.

Now we do have laws.
One of them is if it was in self defense then he had a right to defend himself.

He doesn't have to prove how he felt.

I saw this and posted it awhile back.

Horrid.

This is why I have a gun(s) and I don't want anyone touching me before I use it for self defense.

;_)

Been there done that. Trust me, the sleep you loose isn't because you weren't
ready.

What happens if 90% of criminals and gangs are black? Somehow within your mind we should arrest(report) innocent people of other races to make it seem like it isn't so.

What kind of country do you people want? I don't want blacks being mistreated or wronged but for us not to realize reality is also very wrong.

No Matthew, just as I wrote to you in your reply, I am a supporter of common sense, not of crime. Let's prosecute those who are actually committing the crimes regardless of their color.

If the gangs are 90% black, Hispanic or white...charge them arrest them prosecute them, give them a fair trial, and, if guilty put them away. I don't want to hear about how many of each color are in jail. They had their time in court and deserve to be there.

But let's don't jump the gun and accuse someone because of their color. Could this have happened in this case> We don't know. We cannot hear TM's side.

Then common sense would tell you not to rush to conclusions, wouldn't it? But here you are concluding that Zimmerman belongs in jail for killing someone. What you fail to understand is how Zimmerman should not even be standing trial at all. He acted in self defense, there was not an iota of malice, ill-will, or spite in Zimmerman's body, just fear.

But isn't this what was done to GZ? No charges were filed, then Sharpton, Crump, New Black Panthers, member of congress and state government accused GZ because of the color of his skin. And to this point the FBI and SPD investigated and couldn't substantiate the claims. Yet, here we are at trial. So could GZ have been accused because of the color of TM's skin>We do know. We can hear the FBI and SPD's side.

Again,

Martin Sucker Punches Zimmerman. This right here is not cause to fear for your life.
Zimmerman falls down and Martin climbs on top of him. Still no fear.
Martin pummels Zimmerman, "Ground and Pound". Still just a fight, no fear for life.
Zimmerman screams for help, none comes. Fear is starting to come about but still no reason to kill.
Zimmerman sees someone, that person walks away. Now there's fear, maybe not of death but great bodily harm.
Martin sees gun and says, "You going to die tonight" and goes for gun. Now you are in fear for your life.SELF DEFENSE!

Trayvon didn't say that. He was not a thug, not a killer, not a ganster. He never said that, he wouldn't talk or think like that. Only those who choose to believe he said that believe he said it. Whether you believe it because you are racist and think all black kids are gansters and thugs or because it just suits your pro-gun agenda, doesn't matter. To believe an ordinary teenager said something like that shows complete foolishness and wishful thinking because it is what you want to believe. I doubt Trayvon even reached for the gun. Saying he did and that he said 'you're gonna die tonight' is an obvious lie of Zimmerman's to get out of the accusation he murdered someone for no good reason.

Well Mz Badahoor said he talked like that.

AND........according to his school records that were released for a short while, he (Maritn) was suspended 3 times (graffiti, drug paraphernalia, possession of stolen property/tool used for breakins, truancy, etc). His tweets to his friends indicate and say he was into drugs and other illegal activities. If there wasn't a coverup at his school to 'embellish' the crime rate, he would have been in jail at the time of his run-in with Z instead of on suspension. Of course, his parents wanted NONE of this to get out.

So you don't think that Martin, who saw Zimmerman, a man who followed in a car. A man who got out of the car and followed him brazenly into a dark courtyard, didn't have reason to believe that Zimmerman was armed? And that Zimmerman may have been pulling a gun?

Because he would have been right on the armed part. And he may have clocked Zimmerman before he got his gun.

Bravo...well said. You mean the creepy guy following me in the dark and rain? When I ask what the problem is and he goes frantically reaching for something in his pockets....you mean Im not to assume that he might be pulling out a lollipop?

He might have a weapon? Oops he did have a weapon. Boy did he!

Here's the shocking part. He used it.

And no one supporting Zimmerman seems to give a damn.

attitude01.gif

Doesn't anyone have a link to the percentage of crimes committed by race? What I was saying is that if 80-90% of crimes are committed by one race. Shouldn't that one race be most of the calls???

Calling the police on the criminal seems to be the right thing to do.

Last edited:

Yes sir. The unwritten rules of honor among some men have given way to something that is arguably less honorable.

Is that an improvement?

[MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION]

Can you be in charge of Fancy Grapes updates so we can see what pointers the prosecution is getting? I don't have HLN.

Putting a lot on you, FGs, sigs, humor relief, language translations.

No worries, it's the Rep Thread and your efforts are duly noted.

This just in. HLN is advertising a rerun of Fancy Grapes Mysteries tonight. I guess she just couldn't take it. :lol:

What happens if 90% of criminals and gangs are black? Somehow within your mind we should arrest(report) innocent people of other races to make it seem like it isn't so.

What kind of country do you people want? I don't want blacks being mistreated or wronged but for us not to realize reality is also very wrong.

No Matthew, just as I wrote to you in your reply, I am a supporter of common sense, not of crime. Let's prosecute those who are actually committing the crimes regardless of their color.

If the gangs are 90% black, Hispanic or white...charge them arrest them prosecute them, give them a fair trial, and, if guilty put them away. I don't want to hear about how many of each color are in jail. They had their time in court and deserve to be there.

But let's don't jump the gun and accuse someone because of their color. Could this have happened in this case> We don't know. We cannot hear TM's side.

Then common sense would tell you not to rush to conclusions, wouldn't it? But here you are concluding that Zimmerman belongs in jail for killing someone. What you fail to understand is how Zimmerman should not even be standing trial at all. He acted in self defense, there was not an iota of malice, ill-will, or spite in Zimmerman's body, just fear.

No, I can' say that Templar. All we know without a doubt is that TM was walking, Z followed for a while, there was an altercation, someone screamed and Z killed Tm.

Z can say what ever he wants. TM can't. Witnesses are saying things that are different or not totally reliable (DD).

I think there is very little evidence for Murder2. I personally believe the judge should have thrown that out today.

Again,

Martin Sucker Punches Zimmerman. This right here is not cause to fear for your life.
Zimmerman falls down and Martin climbs on top of him. Still no fear.
Martin pummels Zimmerman, "Ground and Pound". Still just a fight, no fear for life.
Zimmerman screams for help, none comes. Fear is starting to come about but still no reason to kill.
Zimmerman sees someone, that person walks away. Now there's fear, maybe not of death but great bodily harm.
Martin sees gun and says, "You going to die tonight" and goes for gun. Now you are in fear for your life.SELF DEFENSE!

Trayvon didn't say that. He was not a thug, not a killer, not a ganster. He never said that, he wouldn't talk or think like that. Only those who choose to believe he said that believe he said it. Whether you believe it because you are racist and think all black kids are gansters and thugs or because it just suits your pro-gun agenda, doesn't matter. To believe an ordinary teenager said something like that shows complete foolishness and wishful thinking because it is what you want to believe. I doubt Trayvon even reached for the gun. Saying he did and that he said 'you're gonna die tonight' is an obvious lie of Zimmerman's to get out of the accusation he murdered someone for no good reason.

Trayvon WAS, in fact, a thug. It is doubtful that certain information will be provided to the jury, however, but the ramifications go far beyond this trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back