The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You contradicted yourself.

And yes he does get to decide even without getting punched in the nose or knocked to the ground.

YOU don't get to decide for him how he felt.

He can say his life was in danger but that doesn't automatically equate to him walking free because he felt that way. They still have to prove their case, not just say oh he felt threatened so he shot the kid, don't we all feel sorry for this jerk?

I feel like I'm hearing a lot of excuses for that bad decision that day. This isn't the old West.
NO the defense doesn't have to prove shit. The prosecution has to prove theirs beyond a reasonable doubt. Most people believe that they have failed miserably. It will only get worse as the defense presents their case.

This has been said to her repeatedly. She will NEVER get that Zimmerman is innocent until the prosecution proves him guilty. And they haven't. Of course, you can't blame the dumb if it looks like the defense started out instead of the prosecution. It would fool even a reasonable person.

Last edited:
Just to add this is the part in the movie when the audience is told.. yeah he's innocent but you know what... his job was to protect that teen not kill him.

Does it matter as this is a self defense case....A member of the kkk has the same rights to it as anyone else.

Unless we're becoming a very different society indeed.

If Zimmerman really did have it out for blacks as would be implied by him making 50 calls to the police complaining about them, that would matter. If he approached Martin with racial malice, then that could factor into the determination of his intent, which has long been taken into consideration in our society's courts.

Marc has been making stuff up about Zimmerman. I haven't been paying too close of attention to what all he has been saying, but that leapt out at me and serves as a symbol for Marc's disregard of the facts of this case and his willingness to believe anything bad about Zimmerman no matter how little truth there is in it.

Amelia, it has been stated before that most of the calls were on black males. Profiling isn't all that bad. It only makes sense when a rash of burglaries in the past have been done by black males and one should be on the look out for SUSPICIOUS people, and a little old lady would not be one, right?

However, where I have my problem, is that a black male cannot be merely walking by, but something more added to actually be suspicious and leading me to follow them. There were black people living in those homes, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to see someone just walking by. But seeing one looking in a window would be something else. Do you see what I mean?

It has not been stated that most of the calls were on black males. The link posted said nothing of the sort.
It is irrelevant anyway. Zimmerman stated he followed Trayvon becaise something didnt seem right. But even that isn't really relevant here. The relevant part is was he justified in shooting Martin. And the answer is clearly yes.

These aren't two separate incidents.

And going by Zimmerman's recollection of events, that he left his car to walk off a well lit street into a very dark courtyard to get the name of a street in a three street community, just seems highly implausible.

It makes more sense that Zimmerman left his car to pursue Martin (Something he's admitted too), did not break off the chase as he said, caught up with Martin, and initiated the confrontation.

That is where you are wrong, legally they are. Unless the state can prove that Zimmerman never lost sight of Martin then the act of Martin confronting Zimmerman became a separate incident. Since even that useless female who calls herself the girlfriend claims that Martin confronted Zimmerman and then dropped the phone on the wet grass (How can you hear wet grass over a phone anyway?) the state has a problem.

Under what law are they separate incidents? And why does the state have to prove that Zimmerman never lost sight of Martin? He probably did..which is why he chased him into a dark courtyard and frantically looked for him with his flashlight. When he caught up with him, he initiated the encounter.

Ya know Sallow, you might be on to something here! A coward like Zimmerman wouldn't run after a "dangerous suspect" without having his gun drawn now would he? I'll bet he cornered Martin and was in close proximity to him when Martin, thinking he was being robbed, grabbed for the gun with one hand while knocking GZ to the ground with the other.
Martin,realizing he had no escape, jumped on GZ to try and get the weapon just like Jphn Wayne or ROY ROGERS WOULD HAVE DONE! But this wasn't a movie, it was the real world... and a innocent black teen became a statistic!

Post #1397.

Yes. Zimmerman reached into his pocket. He did not fumble through his pockets. Mr. 25cent mentality thinks Trayvon saw Zimmerman fumbling through his pockets to get a gun. That's absurd on its face and contradicted by the link you gave.
QED.
Never said that...dont twist my words. Did you do your homework and catch up yet? Obviously not.

You havnt even watched the tapes yet...and you have an opinion?

Post 1383
Im going by the impression I would have if someone was following me in the dark and then when I eventually asked him why, he went frantically grabbing for his pockets...was trayvon supposed to wait and see what GZ pulled out? The way it is presented by GZ, Tray approached him asking whats up basically and when he went reaching and grabbing, he got clocked. Officer Serino, has some of the same questions I do. GZ made some mistakes that night...and the impression he gave to trayvon who had not committed a crime was a little bit creepy that night. Of course you have the benefit of the whole story and the 911 tape audio...trayvon didnt...so imagine what it must have felt like to him. If you want to dismiss what that may have felt like because you have it all figured out, then fine, but dont demean someone that is.

I clocked you on the grabbing for the gun thing. I've clocked you on this one as well. Are you ready to give up here and post on something you understand? Like cleaning spittoons? Or sweeping floors?

I never use two pans to cook something that one pan will cook. I cook them up crisp and brown, then salt and malt vinegar them down.

Isn't that bad for your heart?:doubt:

Yes, but no one can be good all the time, and I've lost 10 pounds since I retired!

My dad's cardiologist used to bitch about him eating bacon and eggs for breakfast every day. He told him, "Look! Doctors have been telling me that for 30 years and in that time, I've outlived 3 cardiologists and 2 oncologists. I'm dying of prostate cancer and I am going to have bacon and eggs for breakfast until I can't pick up a fork."

No Matthew, just as I wrote to you in your reply, I am a supporter of common sense, not of crime. Let's prosecute those who are actually committing the crimes regardless of their color.

If the gangs are 90% black, Hispanic or white...charge them arrest them prosecute them, give them a fair trial, and, if guilty put them away. I don't want to hear about how many of each color are in jail. They had their time in court and deserve to be there.

But let's don't jump the gun and accuse someone because of their color. Could this have happened in this case> We don't know. We cannot hear TM's side.

Then common sense would tell you not to rush to conclusions, wouldn't it? But here you are concluding that Zimmerman belongs in jail for killing someone. What you fail to understand is how Zimmerman should not even be standing trial at all. He acted in self defense, there was not an iota of malice, ill-will, or spite in Zimmerman's body, just fear.

No, I can' say that Templar. All we know without a doubt is that TM was walking, Z followed for a while, there was an altercation, someone screamed and Z killed Tm.

Z can say what ever he wants. TM can't. Witnesses are saying things that are different or not totally reliable (DD).

I think there is very little evidence for Murder2. I personally believe the judge should have thrown that out today.

If that's ALL YOU KNOW. You either haven't been following the trial or you are being disingenuous.

Post #1397.

Yes. Zimmerman reached into his pocket. He did not fumble through his pockets. Mr. 25cent mentality thinks Trayvon saw Zimmerman fumbling through his pockets to get a gun. That's absurd on its face and contradicted by the link you gave.
QED.

So you don't think that Martin, who saw Zimmerman, a man who followed in a car. A man who got out of the car and followed him brazenly into a dark courtyard, didn't have reason to believe that Zimmerman was armed? And that Zimmerman may have been pulling a gun?

Because he would have been right on the armed part. And he may have clocked Zimmerman before he got his gun.
If Martin thought Zimmerman had a gun why would he come back and confront him? Why did he wait to go for the gun until he saw it in Zimmerman's waist band? Why would he think Zimmerman had a gun to begin with?

Those rules you refer to...the gentleman's agreement...might have been in force when we were young men...but this was a stranger who Zimmerman believed was suspicious, and/or on drugs, in a crime ridden neighborhood...not two hayseeds out on Saturday night.

Yes sir. The unwritten rules of honor among some men have given way to something that is arguably less honorable.

Is that an improvement?

So there are unwritten rules of honor among Thieves, Blacks, KKK members, Drug Dealer Thugs, CCW Neighborhood Watch, Police, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Women, Men, etc. Lots of them are not consistent with eachother or the law. This case is about law, not honor among groups. Your fantasy is not the reality of this nation of laws we & our groups with unwritten honor & rules live in.

I would argue that we have become an overly litigious nation that appears to have no honor in the yes of many.

IMO the portions of laws that are based on "fear," such as zero tolerance law, this portion of the self defense law, the unpatriot act, etc. are heading away from reason, heading away from liberty, heading away from honor.

Fear is the mind killer...

Just to add this is the part in the movie when the audience is told.. yeah he's innocent but you know what... his job was to protect that teen not kill him.

I know you know this, but this is not a movie. This isn't Hollywood. This is real life, and this is how the court system works. It seems serious because it is serious. And I wouldn't be willing to throw Zimmerman into a cage for the next 25 years because he had a reasonable belief that his life was about to end that night. Nor am I willing to compromise our laws because some want their pound of flesh.

It took you 45 minutes to come up with this? A blog? Just because a blog says it's relevant does not make it relevant. Do you understand me?

Just as you, a member of a messageboard is not always right either, my friend.

I am right. Multiple posters on this thread either agree with me, or hold the same opinion I do on this case. I have been following this trial from the beginning. You have already indicated your support of the "silent victim".

Just because multiple posters believe you, doesn't make you right. And as how I would vote if I were on a jury, don't be so sure. I haven't heard all of the evidence and what I heard from the prosecution did not sway me in their direction at all. I can't believe the prosecutions own witness, Jeantel (sp?), and the mother is, well, a mother.

I know Murder2 is out and FWIW, I would have to know the details of manslaughter or let him go, if I felt he was fighting for his life. I don't like the idea that he gained 110 lbs to look like an overweight old man who couldn't fight back; I'm wondering how he could get his gun out when TM was on top of him but maybe he could; wouldn't TM have more bruises and cuts on his hands if he really hit him more that once?

The defense is good and they might sway me in thinking this really was a life and death situation. But then again...who really started it by following in the first place when the kid wasn't acting suspicious. That's the rub.

Then common sense would tell you not to rush to conclusions, wouldn't it? But here you are concluding that Zimmerman belongs in jail for killing someone. What you fail to understand is how Zimmerman should not even be standing trial at all. He acted in self defense, there was not an iota of malice, ill-will, or spite in Zimmerman's body, just fear.

No, I can' say that Templar. All we know without a doubt is that TM was walking, Z followed for a while, there was an altercation, someone screamed and Z killed Tm.

Z can say what ever he wants. TM can't. Witnesses are saying things that are different or not totally reliable (DD).

I think there is very little evidence for Murder2. I personally believe the judge should have thrown that out today.

If that's ALL YOU KNOW. You either haven't been following the trial or you are being disingenuous.

It's true, I have missed p[arts of the trial. And I dismissed some of the testimony from the prosecution side as being unreliable. Have you watched the trial without fail?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back