The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not all.

He beat up his fiancée and got into a fight with a cop.

Both times he got off.

This seems to be the next logical step.

No.

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
( the officer was undercover )

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.

That is the dumbest statement I have ever read on a forum. DUMBrown, ALL the rules are written down. They are called laws.

What part of my statement about unwritten rules confused you?

I am not the one who is confused.

Let me get this straight. I make a statement about unwritten rules of honor between men. You call that "the dumbest statement" you "have ever read on a forum." Because, evidently you don't want to talk about honor. Then you call me "DUMBrown" again outside the flame zone. Then you "NEGG" me again for the "third time" on this one thread... I get the point that you have an emotional attachment to the killer cause he did away with one of the thugs you don't think have a right to live.. But really, you should come up with a better way to express yourself than calling people names and flaming out neggs. Tsk tsk tsk....

Just to add this is the part in the movie when the audience is told.. yeah he's innocent but you know what... his job was to protect that teen not kill him.

I know you know this, but this is not a movie. This isn't Hollywood. This is real life, and this is how the court system works. It seems serious because it is serious. And I wouldn't be willing to throw Zimmerman into a cage for the next 25 years because he had a reasonable belief that his life was about to end that night. Nor am I willing to compromise our laws because some want their pound of flesh.

?

I thought we were in a discussion thread on a bulletin board. Since when is invol. manslaughter 25years?

Last edited:
Let me get this straight.

If I want to get away with murder, all I have to do is shoot someone and then claim that I was in imminent danger.

To make it fool proof I would do it on a dark rainy night with no witnesses.

Then there would be reasonable doubt that I killed him on purpose.

Just to add this is the part in the movie when the audience is told.. yeah he's innocent but you know what... his job was to protect that teen not kill him.

I know you know this, but this is not a movie. This isn't Hollywood. This is real life, and this is how the court system works. It seems serious because it is serious. And I wouldn't be willing to throw Zimmerman into a cage for the next 25 years because he had a reasonable belief that his life was about to end that night. Nor am I willing to compromise our laws because some want their pound of flesh.

You can't gray area the law. The law is the law is the law.

A law may be written incorrectly or have too much verbiage in it or worded wrong - but that's another thread and fight. There isn't wiggle room in it. The law is the law.

Why is walking up to someone to ask a question=a crime?

I've had a black man ask me what I was doing. I was walking back from 7-11 as I normally do late at night. ;)

Nothing wrong with it

Change that to a black man following you in a truck for ten minutes then getting out of a truck to follow you. Tell me that wouldn't bring up a red flag.

What does that mean to society that we can have dirt bags with no honor running around looking for people to kill as long as they call 911 first and get the guy to hit them. (Rope a-Dope my contention from the start of the thread...

See...sometimes you seem so logical, then you come out with a ridiculous statement like this nonsense.

Do you honestly believe GZ is a dirtbag with no honor running around looking for people to kill? And that he goaded TM to hit him so he could claim self-defense even though his real intention was to find someone, anyone I suppose, to kill? Say you were just trying to be provocative, please.

That is just crazy talk! Completely unfounded, unproven, and unsuggested - even by the prosecution.

So there are unwritten rules of honor among Thieves, Blacks, KKK members, Drug Dealer Thugs, CCW Neighborhood Watch, Police, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Women, Men, etc. Lots of them are not consistent with eachother or the law. This case is about law, not honor among groups. Your fantasy is not the reality of this nation of laws we & our groups with unwritten honor & rules live in.

I would argue that we have become an overly litigious nation that appears to have no honor in the yes of many.

IMO the portions of laws that are based on "fear," such as zero tolerance law, this portion of the self defense law, the unpatriot act, etc. are heading away from reason, heading away from liberty, heading away from honor.

Fear is the mind killer...

We are an overly litigious nation. That is a different thread and a different subject. And honor is a great thing, but we aren't talking about that here. This is a single event that everyone hung their hat on.

You know about everything that's happened since this began, correct? So you're going on a foundation of full knowledge, I'm going to assume that.

I cannot even believe I'm going to do this. I'm going gray unicorns.

Where do you draw that line in the law and in the sand?

You can't do it for one and not for another, it's all or none.

It is the world we live in.

You saw the video @Missourian posted a couple pages back. Shoot - self defense?

Self defense?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYl6vrzza78]Georgia Mom Shoots Intruder 5 times! (911 Call) 1/10/13 - YouTube[/ame]

Burglary suspect flees after 84-year-old home owner confronts him with gun, shoots at getaway car

self defense?

Deputies: Robber shot by homeowner in Pompano Beach - Broward - MiamiHerald.com

That's a whole different set of cir circumstances,.

It can not be applied to this case.

Just as you, a member of a messageboard is not always right either, my friend.

I am right. Multiple posters on this thread either agree with me, or hold the same opinion I do on this case. I have been following this trial from the beginning. You have already indicated your support of the "silent victim".

Just because multiple posters believe you, doesn't make you right. And as how I would vote if I were on a jury, don't be so sure. I haven't heard all of the evidence and what I heard from the prosecution did not sway me in their direction at all. I can't believe the prosecutions own witness, Jeantel (sp?), and the mother is, well, a mother.

I know Murder2 is out and FWIW, I would have to know the details of manslaughter or let him go, if I felt he was fighting for his life. I don't like the idea that he gained 110 lbs to look like an overweight old man who couldn't fight back; I'm wondering how he could get his gun out when TM was on top of him but maybe he could; wouldn't TM have more bruises and cuts on his hands if he really hit him more that once?

The defense is good and they might sway me in thinking this really was a life and death situation. But then again...who really started it by following in the first place when the kid wasn't acting suspicious. That's the rub.

Again, who says he wasn't acting suspicious? No one can say that he wasn't because there is simply no evidence that he wasn't acting suspicious. Take out his (TM) past actions. This is obviously a town where crime is prevalent. You can't really make an accurate opinion if say you live in the Nashville suburbs of Franklin or Brentwood as to what you would see suspicious compared to someone who lives next to the bus stop in downtown Nashville.

I would argue that we have become an overly litigious nation that appears to have no honor in the yes of many.

IMO the portions of laws that are based on "fear," such as zero tolerance law, this portion of the self defense law, the unpatriot act, etc. are heading away from reason, heading away from liberty, heading away from honor.

We are an overly litigious nation. That is a different thread and a different subject. And honor is a great thing, but we aren't talking about that here. This is a single event that everyone hung their hat on.

You know about everything that's happened since this began, correct? So you're going on a foundation of full knowledge, I'm going to assume that.

Self defense?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYl6vrzza78]Georgia Mom Shoots Intruder 5 times! (911 Call) 1/10/13 - YouTube[/ame]

Burglary suspect flees after 84-year-old home owner confronts him with gun, shoots at getaway car

self defense?

That's a whole different set of cir circumstances,.

It can not be applied to this case.

Sure it can.

Same laws.

?

I thought we were in a discussion thread on a bulletin board. Since when is invol. manslaughter 25years?

As of 6:51 CST, George Zimmerman is still on trial for second degree murder. Do you actually think he isn't sweating the maximum charge right now? Really?

Regardless of the outcome of the trial, I hope that people have enough common sense to let it go. This trial is one on many going on all over the nation and it shouldn't be national news.

What does that mean to society that we can have dirt bags with no honor running around looking for people to kill as long as they call 911 first and get the guy to hit them. (Rope a-Dope my contention from the start of the thread...

See...sometimes you seem so logical, then you come out with a ridiculous statement like this nonsense.

Do you honestly believe GZ is a dirtbag with no honor running around looking for people to kill? And that he goaded TM to hit him so he could claim self-defense even though his real intention was to find someone, anyone I suppose, to kill? Say you were just trying to be provocative, please.

That is just crazy talk! Completely unfounded, unproven, and unsuggested - even by the prosecution.

Yep

Testarosa, these are completely different types of cases.

The case we are talking about is a case where two young men confronted each other and fought in the grass and one of the two young men killed the other because he was loosing the fight.

A fist fight between two young men is not the same as a mother shooting a home invader to defend her children.

That's not all.

He beat up his fiancée and got into a fight with a cop.

Both times he got off.

This seems to be the next logical step.

No.

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.
( the officer was undercover )

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.
Wow. He sounds like an eevul criminal. Little Trayvon was only caught writing graffiti and with stolen goods. He's a saint.

So there are unwritten rules of honor among Thieves, Blacks, KKK members, Drug Dealer Thugs, CCW Neighborhood Watch, Police, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Women, Men, etc. Lots of them are not consistent with eachother or the law. This case is about law, not honor among groups. Your fantasy is not the reality of this nation of laws we & our groups with unwritten honor & rules live in.

Self defense?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYl6vrzza78"]Georgia Mom Shoots Intruder 5 times! (911 Call) 1/10/13 - YouTube[/ame]

self defense?

This is what we are up against...

Huffington Post headline for the Georgia Mom story...

Melinda Herman, Mom Who Shot Intruder, Inspires Gun Control Foes

No Matthew, just as I wrote to you in your reply, I am a supporter of common sense, not of crime. Let's prosecute those who are actually committing the crimes regardless of their color.

If the gangs are 90% black, Hispanic or white...charge them arrest them prosecute them, give them a fair trial, and, if guilty put them away. I don't want to hear about how many of each color are in jail. They had their time in court and deserve to be there.

But let's don't jump the gun and accuse someone because of their color. Could this have happened in this case> We don't know. We cannot hear TM's side.

Then common sense would tell you not to rush to conclusions, wouldn't it? But here you are concluding that Zimmerman belongs in jail for killing someone. What you fail to understand is how Zimmerman should not even be standing trial at all. He acted in self defense, there was not an iota of malice, ill-will, or spite in Zimmerman's body, just fear.

No, I can' say that Templar. All we know without a doubt is that TM was walking, Z followed for a while, there was an altercation, someone screamed and Z killed Tm.

Z can say what ever he wants. TM can't. Witnesses are saying things that are different or not totally reliable (DD).

I think there is very little evidence for Murder2. I personally believe the judge should have thrown that out today.
You left out some significant parts of the story.
Z saw M and called non-emergency. M walked around Z's vehicle while he was still in it. M disappeared from Z's sight. SPD wanted to know where M was. Z left vehicle to find out. Z was approaching his vehicle again when M showed up from out of the darkness. M hit Z. M and Z fought. Z was injured. Z shot M.

My question is: If M was fearful of the "weird" person (as related to his friend by phone) that was following him, why the hell did he go back toward the vehicle and confront Z? Why didn't he continue on home?

I agree with Serino (who is much closer to this case and has experienced many similar interrogations involving suspects) that Zimmerman is telling the truth.

The judge did not err in denying the motion to acquit (in which case the trial would be over without deliberation by the jury) but she should have reduced the charge to manslaughter as was her prerogative.

Zimmerman is NOT GUILTY of murder....IMHO.

Just as you, a member of a messageboard is not always right either, my friend.

I am right. Multiple posters on this thread either agree with me, or hold the same opinion I do on this case. I have been following this trial from the beginning. You have already indicated your support of the "silent victim".

Just because multiple posters believe you, doesn't make you right. And as how I would vote if I were on a jury, don't be so sure. I haven't heard all of the evidence and what I heard from the prosecution did not sway me in their direction at all. I can't believe the prosecutions own witness, Jeantel (sp?), and the mother is, well, a mother.

I know Murder2 is out and FWIW, I would have to know the details of manslaughter or let him go, if I felt he was fighting for his life. I don't like the idea that he gained 110 lbs to look like an overweight old man who couldn't fight back; I'm wondering how he could get his gun out when TM was on top of him but maybe he could; wouldn't TM have more bruises and cuts on his hands if he really hit him more that once?

The defense is good and they might sway me in thinking this really was a life and death situation. But then again...who really started it by following in the first place when the kid wasn't acting suspicious. That's the rub.

One of these posters, (and I won't name names) was a private detective for over three decades, he has done work for many defense attorneys in his career, and he happens to be from my home state. Suffice it to say he has prior experience in this field. So the fact he and I agree on most of the same things on this case should tell you something, Jackson.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back