The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Z's statement he said TM saw his gun aqnd told him You are going to die expletive.

That's absurd. Z has the gun and the unarmed man told him he , Z, was going to die?

That's not very logical. I think it was the other way around. I think Z told TM that he, TM, was going to die and that's when TM started screaming for help.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX1sxARNq_c]Raw Video: George Zimmerman reenacts incident for Sanford Police - YouTube[/ame]

He said that in one of his statements. Maybe not on this tape if that's what you are implying. Are you saying that because he did not say it on this tape that he did not say it?

It's on the tape, and here is his written statement, snookums. :eusa_angel:

Zimmeman Written Statement 0226 0620

NO the defense doesn't have to prove shit. The prosecution has to prove theirs beyond a reasonable doubt. Most people believe that they have failed miserably. It will only get worse as the defense presents their case.

Ernie, I realize you all think you're lawyers but Zimmerman has to introduce some evidence that he acted in self-defense. If that weren't the case, he could simply say that, not show up in court and let the prosecution hammer away at proving their case.

All he would have to do is call in at the end and find out what the verdict is. Please stop trying so hard, everyone here has been watching the case and we do know what is going on.

As for Sunshine explaining to eveyone the intricacies of the law...

:lmao:

I never claimed to possess a vast knowledge of the law, but the basics of our legal system should be covered in 4th grade civics. I do research statutes and study how they apply in specific cases.
What you said, actually is basically true. If the defense feels that the prosecution has not proven it's case, they could skip court and go out for a burger, BUT, we are talking about the next 40 years of a man's life. The defense will put on a case and if you think what you've heard so far was bad for the State, just wait until the defense is done.

Again, Sarah! get your emotions in check. Forget that the dead kid was black and he was shot by a white dude. Put aside your hatred of guns and the concept of self defense. Turn on your brain and look at the case objectively.

What I've heard so far is basically a decent case for the prosecution. Lots of objections by the defense overruled especially the coursework records showing how GZ lied that he knew nothing about stand your ground which makes the jury wonder what else he lies about.

I'll be around to give you all my opinions next week. Looking forward to yours. Hopefully, Zimmerman takes the stand, the fat, lying, little snake.

Sorry you guys missed my earlier post. My point here is not that GZ is a dirt bag.. My bad. My point raised earlier is that if GZ can do this why not anyone else? For that matter why not TM? As was pointed out earlier the only reason we have GZ on trial and not TM is cause TM did not shoot GZ in self defense. If TM had that gun he was talking about getting, he may have shot GZ in the chest. Then we'd be talking about whether or not TM did it in self defense. Same circumstances different players, same arguments? Or does the argument change when the guy who'd claim self defense is a person we assume is a good guy and the guy he killed is someone we assume is the bad guy. Or does the argument change when the guy who's claiming self defense is a person we assume is a bad guy and the guy he killed is someone we assume is the good guy?

There is no reason TM could not have killed someone justifiably if he was in reasonable fear of great bodily harm or death. Not sure what you mean here. I personally don't know the law on this, but if I found that the person claiming self-defense was the instigator of the violence, then I would have a problem exonerating him or her. But that may not be the law and I would defer to whatever the law is.

Of course I assume the guy getting killed in justifiable self-defense is the bad guy since he would be the one threatening great harm or death to the person who killed him. In this case TM had no reasonable fear of GZ so he would be a murderer if he shot GZ in the chest with the current available evidence and facts.

You're a nice guy but you're really not making any sense to me with all this.

In Z's statement he said TM saw his gun aqnd told him You are going to die expletive.

That's absurd. Z has the gun and the unarmed man told him he , Z, was going to die?

That's not very logical. I think it was the other way around. I think Z told TM that he, TM, was going to die and that's when TM started screaming for help.

Excellent point...because he embellished and it didnt happen...but it sure did sound good to a cop who is trained not to let anyone come near his gun and to consider that a threat on your life.

Last edited:
Quantum Windbag said:
I got no reason to question her intellect. What I question is her ability to tell the truth.

Then why not apply those same parameters to Zimmeran since he is a known liar and cheat?

Quantum Windbag said:
Just an FYI, I know people who have IQs in the 60s who can speak multiple languages, only an idiot would argue that language ability and intelligence are connected. Or should I be asking you how many languages you can understand?

I seriously doubt that you know "people" with a 60 IQ that can speak multiple languages. Idiot Savants can do some stunning mental acrobatics with numbers and dates but they are rare individuals; and, I have never heard of one speaking multiple languages, let alone with any fluency!

I apply them to everyone, the evidence the prosecution presented made the case for the defense. The only way they have a chance to get a conviction is if the defense goes out and makes the prosecution's case.

All it takes to learn a language is exposure to it in childhood, it has nothing to do with being a savant. This is why it is possible for people with IQs much lower than average to speak any language at all. If it actually took a minimum level of intelligence there would be quite a few people who wouldn't be able to speak any language at all. I grew up in a border city where almost everyone spoke multiple languages. People in Europe consider it to be the norm, you should get around more.

Trayvan's mother testified that the scream she heard on the 911 call was her son.

George Zimmerman's mother said that the scream was her son's.

Trayvan's brother told investigators that he didn't think that scream was his brother's, but he changed his tune later. He said it's because he didn't know his brother all that well I guess.

George Zimmerman's uncle Jorge Meza said he immediately recognized the scream as George's because he said his voice was distinctive and he picked it out right away.

But, but, but, but, he was i:eek:n fear for his life.

The law says "reasonable fear". Get it?

It does? Are you sure? Link?

Florida statutes 776.013
(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Well, that is a deposition! She should not have to read a deposition in court. ANd on the question of equating cursive literacy with intelligence, the old timers had better test their own children... cursive writing is no longer taught in many parts of the country!

Depositions are printed, no one ever said she couldn't read printing. The point here is that she testified that she wrote that letter, and then couldn't read it. Feel free to ignore that in your effort to blame Zimmerman for everything.

No, depositions are not always printed. I have taken many from witnesses so I know! First the person writes their statement in their own words. The person's initials are placed at the beginning and at the end of the statement. After that it is signed and dated. Then, if nothing more than for the sake of clarity, the investigator can make a typed copy of the original statement, have it initialed and signed the same way, and attach both documents together after copies are made!

Zimmerman IS to blame for everything! If he had left that kid alone Martin would still be alive and GZ wouldn't have his fat ass on the line for murder!

Depositions are always printed, you are confusing witness statements and depositions, which are recorded by stenographers and are never written by hand.

I'd like to add one more thing to my last statement! The scene I just described is consistent with the screams heard from Martin when he first saw the gun. The poor kid was yelling for help ... scared out of his wits by a strange man with a gun... fighting for his life...

Trayvan's mother testified that the scream she heard on the 911 call was her son.

Trayvan's brother told investigators that he didn't think that scream was his brother's, but he changed his tune later. He said it's because he didn't know his brother all that well I guess.

George Zimmerman's uncle Jorge Meza said he immediately recognized the scream as George's because he said his voice was distinctive and he picked it out right away.

Wish they would put Trayvon's Dad on the stand and ask him what his initial response was to who was screaming on the tape.

I'd like to add one more thing to my last statement! The scene I just described is consistent with the screams heard from Martin when he first saw the gun. The poor kid was yelling for help ... scared out of his wits by a strange man with a gun... fighting for his life...

Zimmerman tracked Martin down, shot him in cold blood, then proceeded to hold him over his body so a witness could see Martin beating the crap out of him, and then fire into the air with a different gun which he proceeded to hide from the police.

This is why sane people think you are dumber than dog shit.

Wish they would put Trayvon's Dad on the stand and ask him what his initial response was to who was screaming on the tape.

I'll be honest, I don't see how they can tell.

Atlanta Crook Makes Fatal Mistake by Thinking Patrons in Line for $180 Shoes Won?t Exercise 2nd Amendment Right | Video | TheBlaze.com

This is what amazes me. The guy in this story is being called a good Samaritan and one person even "thanked the homie". Yet he had no injuries, told the security guard that warned him he had concealed carry and wasn't afraid to use it, and then instead of going to jail for interrogation 1, 2, 3 and walk through of the crime, he was reported to have gotten back in line to buy the shoes.

This type of shooting happens everyday in this country. Why is GZ on trial? Why is Nancy Grace not shouting at the Atlanta tennis shoe shooter? Why is Al Sharpton not at little five points demanding justice for this victim?

Let it go, RKM...be the bigger person...ignore it...who cares...waaa waaa...youre being a troll....you changed your avie to be more believable...ahole...you whiny bitch...F U...nobody wants to hear it....negged...mexican hater!....bully!! etc etc etc.:eek:

Wonder why I call you out and not the one who initiated it with a personal attack to an otherwise non personal opinion? Well its simple....youre new around here with little rep power....do you think Im crazy? Im not sticking up for the little fella being trolled.

You have a different opinion, rkm....shame on you! Damn you!!

How dare you defend yourself...At least you werent called a faggot.:eusa_angel:

Good to see you've found the humor in it :clap2:

I actually find it sad...especially watching those who put up with it and enable it.

If I see someone being bullied, lied about, cursed at, trolled...I say something...I do it here and i do it in "real life" and I always will.

I'm not being bullied. Quite the contrary.

She has many very emotive reasons and many logical reasons behind her stand on this issue.

I'm arguing the other side of her stance. This flies in the face of her reason.

Whether she's right or wrong, or I'm right or wrong, is not the whole story.

I knew full well even attempting to win an argument with her on this issue would get me a neg. From her shoes, she probably sees my insistence of possible alternate scenarios as my attempt to change her mind or worse that I'm just being a pain in the ass.

Plus, she's a nurse and she's my elder. She's earned the right to give me what for. I applaud her effort.

Depositions are always printed, you are confusing witness statements and depositions, which are recorded by stenographers and are never written by hand.

No, you are WRONG! Do you have any experience at all with depositions? Its nothing more than a "written"
record of a witness's OUT OF COURT TESTIMONY! DO YOU GET IT? OUT OF COURT MEANS THERE ARE NO STENOGRAPHERS!

Yes.

I do quite often. Can you make a post without sounding like an idiot?
Ernie, internet tough guy who love to antagonize people.

Thinks he's a bad ass biker.
Truth is, he's an alcoholic lard ass who rides a moped, 50cc.

Um. Wrong. Nothing lard about his ass and his bike kicks ass.
Just sayin'.

My first motor'd vehicle was a Puch two speed moped, the motorcyle type. Man that was fun, freedom!!

Good to see you've found the humor in it :clap2:

I actually find it sad...especially watching those who put up with it and enable it.

If I see someone being bullied, lied about, cursed at, trolled...I say something...I do it here and i do it in "real life" and I always will.

I'm not being bullied. Quite the contrary.

She has many very emotive reasons and many logical reasons behind her stand on this issue.

I'm arguing the other side of her stance. This flies in the face of her reason.

Whether she's right or wrong, or I'm right or wrong, is not the whole story.

I knew full well even attempting to win an argument with her on this issue would get me a neg. From her shoes, she probably sees my insistence of possible alternate scenarios as my attempt to change her mind or worse that I'm just being a pain in the ass.

Plus, she's a nurse and she's my elder. She's earned the right to give me what for. I applaud her effort.

You are a true gentleman, and a true adult on how to disagree but still be respectful with those disagreements. You and I don't see eye to eye on this case either, but I still consider you a new friend. I like how you think.
167lc80.jpg

I'll be honest, I don't see how they can tell.

I would think that out of all of them, George's Uncle was the most credible.
But even the professionals disagree, so what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back