"The One" - True Love ?

I think that is why I will never be able to love.
It has to be natural and reciprocal.
I understand the work of getting along regarding agreements on money, kids etc.
But the passion, desire and attraction to one another ..... much be close to equal......

You do love Bonzi, you just want to take it to a higher level. Going to that level is currently an unequal situation. When Mrs. Liberty told me she was content, it meant she was consistently glad/happy, felt safe, cared for. I was meeting her love needs.

Your needs are different and sadly, unmet at the moment.

Staying together is a good thing, my hat's off to anyone that does. But the concept that there's just one person that's the right one is foolish. I've heard many people say it's the "one". Give me a break. The only way you stay together is if you both work for the same goal, not because of some mystical preordained force.
oh i dont think its mystical. Real though.....definitely.
You can believe anything but that doesn't make it real.
When you're talking about something intangible, of course belief makes it real. It doesnt matter if the outsider doesnt get it, or have it, and who gives a fuck what they think anyways? If its fake then who wants real, is how it makes you feel.
How can you love someone you don't even know when you only have looks to go on? Why does it matter? Because a LOT of people bought the Hollywood bullshit and have suffered greatly because of it.
I wasnt talking about first sight - and if you think its somehow manipulated by hollywood i think youre projecting a bit of gullibility. I hope you get the rush some day though man, but be warned it could really REALLY suck.
I'm not the one manipulated by Hollywood, I said what I did above in rejection to their ideals. Nor did I say people can't fall in love. If you can't understand the posts, that's fine but you don't have to respond to them.

When you're talking about something intangible, of course belief makes it real. It doesnt matter if the outsider doesnt get it, or have it, and who gives a fuck what they think anyways? If its fake then who wants real, is how it makes you feel.
How can you love someone you don't even know when you only have looks to go on? Why does it matter? Because a LOT of people bought the Hollywood bullshit and have suffered greatly because of it.
I wasnt talking about first sight - and if you think its somehow manipulated by hollywood i think youre projecting a bit of gullibility. I hope you get the rush some day though man, but be warned it could really REALLY suck.
I'm not the one manipulated by Hollywood, I said what I did above in rejection to their ideals. Nor did I say people can't fall in love. If you can't understand the posts, that's fine but you don't have to respond to them.
okok, git ummmm

This Woman I work with who used to be my boss, and now we are peers - she used to tell oh Im the best and are so handsome and her best worker and this and this.....shes beautiful. Blue eyes, amazing everything. And her personality didnt even change towards me when I stopped working for her, so I had to drop thinking it was some weird encouragement tactic. Long story short though, shed meet all of my standards for everything but I get literally zero rush from her at all, feelings wise. And thats WITH liking her personality. So, whatever is missing there is whatever the fuck weird x factor that I kind of believe in more and more, but Im not able to actually put to words.

I have heard that from people..... WHY do I love this person? Sometimes they can be totally wrong for you, but just that "something" - reminds me of the song "I Hate Myself For Loving You" - - that feeling is something that can't be manufactured.....

I have had friend that would pine people (one friend, a guy I played tennis with) and I was like get over her already! I just couldn't understand!

Anyone that experiences that, to me, is lucky....
Lucky, delusional, crazy, dreaming, a go getter or a sit byer. I have no idea what I just said, either.

If I felt that way I would put it all out on the table - easy to say when you are not in that position though! But living in the agony of not knowing? No. No way.
Not everything is even a choice, in Black Jack do you hit in 17? Well, it all depends.

There is ALWAYS a choice.
Risk.
No Risk.

Wait for things to fall into place? This is how I look at it, life is uncertain. We can all go at anytime, do you want something to be left unsaid?

hey! I'm not feelin' the love in here :) :) :)

This Woman I work with who used to be my boss, and now we are peers - she used to tell oh Im the best and are so handsome and her best worker and this and this.....shes beautiful. Blue eyes, amazing everything. And her personality didnt even change towards me when I stopped working for her, so I had to drop thinking it was some weird encouragement tactic. Long story short though, shed meet all of my standards for everything but I get literally zero rush from her at all, feelings wise. And thats WITH liking her personality. So, whatever is missing there is whatever the fuck weird x factor that I kind of believe in more and more, but Im not able to actually put to words.

I have heard that from people..... WHY do I love this person? Sometimes they can be totally wrong for you, but just that "something" - reminds me of the song "I Hate Myself For Loving You" - - that feeling is something that can't be manufactured.....

I have had friend that would pine people (one friend, a guy I played tennis with) and I was like get over her already! I just couldn't understand!

Lucky, delusional, crazy, dreaming, a go getter or a sit byer. I have no idea what I just said, either.

If I felt that way I would put it all out on the table - easy to say when you are not in that position though! But living in the agony of not knowing? No. No way.
Not everything is even a choice, in Black Jack do you hit in 17? Well, it all depends.

Risk.
No Risk.

Wait for things to fall into place? This is how I look at it, life is uncertain. We can all go at anytime, do you want something to be left unsaid?
I getcha. Who is waiting though

one good thing about love, infatuation or whatever you want to call it.....

it's a great diet plan!

Risk.
No Risk.

the only thing that can NOT be a choice is how someone else feels.

saveliberty said you can manufacture love.
if that is true, you can (or should) be able to un-manufacture love.

Risk.
No Risk.

It has a name, hate.

Risk.
No Risk.

It has a name, hate.

no there are emotions in between.... no?

Risk.
No Risk.

Yea, I dont know about all of that manufacturing talk. That might make one fall into some sort of adoration for you or something I guess, and if you're just in love with them it would always be hard to tell how the adorer feels, love or just adoration based on flattery. Its a fine line so, just letting shit live unnurtured might have to happen sadly. I think thats a choice, in the sense that you wouldnt want to win someone over if you really want it genuine, so if you have to "try" to make it happen maybe you just shouldnt. Or, if youre into that sort of shit go for it but, that wont fill you up.

Risk.
No Risk.

Yea, I dont know about all of that manufacturing talk. That might make one fall into some sort of adoration for you or something I guess, and if you're just in love with them it would always be hard to tell how the adorer feels, love or just adoration based on flattery. Its a fine line so, just letting shit live unnurtured might have to happen sadly. I think thats a choice, in the sense that you wouldnt want to win someone over if you really want it genuine, so if you have to "try" to make it happen maybe you just shouldnt. Or, if youre into that sort of shit go for it but, that wont fill you up.

it goes back to that "natural" thing I was talking about.
there is nothing wrong with settling if you are happy with settling.
If you want the "real deal" you should wait for it to happen.
But it has to be reciprocated and you have to KNOW it is reciprocated.

Bottom line is we all make our choices in life. We have to live with them.
I am still not buying the "no choice" thing...

I'm not saying you can choose who you love and who you don't - maybe some people can, some can't. I'm not a psychologist and even if I were, I am not privy to other people's hearts and minds......

But you DO have a choice about what to DO with that love.
Whether or not you share it verbally or otherwise.

Risk.
No Risk.

yea id definitely have to KNOW that. 100 -%

Risk.
No Risk.

I waited several years looking for it but not worrying was not easy but I did it fine. Before my marriage, I went with my wife for 5 years, and from the beginning, everything fit together incredibly well, and we were always totally comfortable with each other and instantly responsive, frequently showing attention and caring. I never felt we would drift apart.

Risk.
No Risk.

I waited several years looking for it but not worrying was not easy but I did it fine. Before my marriage, I went with my wife for 5 years, and from the beginning, everything fit together incredibly well, and we were always totally comfortable with each other and instantly responsive, frequently showing attention and caring. I never felt we would drift apart.
pretty awesome

Forum List

Back