The precedent has been set

GOP candidates plot debate revolt against RNC

Several Republican presidential campaigns are planning to hold a meeting in Washington, D.C., this Sunday to discuss plans for wresting more control of the debates from the Republican National Committee, CNN has confirmed.

FUCK the establishment

All they do is cry about whoever is in charge. They cry about CNN and CNBC and the RNC. They cry about the moderators. They cry about unfair questions.

It's sickening how weak they sound.

Attention Ted Cruz: if you can't handle a bunch of morons from CNBC, how in the fuck can you stand up to Iran and Russia?

Life is unfair. Stop whining and tell us how you would run the country.

(What happened to the party of Reagan? When did they become such ineffectual pussies?)

They know their base. Nothing appeals to the new movement conservatives quite like victimhood.

It's the new populism.

Several Republican presidential campaigns are planning to hold a meeting in Washington, D.C., this Sunday to discuss plans for wresting more control of the debates from the Republican National Committee, CNN has confirmed.

FUCK the establishment

All they do is cry about whoever is in charge. They cry about CNN and CNBC and the RNC. They cry about the moderators. They cry about unfair questions.

Attention Ted Cruz: if you can't handle a bunch of morons from CNBC, how in the fuck can you stand up to Iran and Russia?

(What happened to the party of Reagan? When did they become such ineffectual pussies?)

They know their base. Nothing appeals to the new movement conservatives quite like victimhood.

It's the new populism.

Come Doctor QUACK-QUACK, I called BULLSHIT on you. Put up PROOF that if the Republican candidates meet and discuss-debate-argue, that it is federal law some media person, etc, has to be there.

Hell, they are meeting Sunday, and threw out the RNC, so I think you are as full of sh** as a Thanksgiving turkey!

FUCK the establishment

It's the new populism.

I dunno DOCTOR QUACK-QUACK, I ran it through google, and I can't find a thing. Why don't you enlighten us on your statement so we become educated!

FUCK the establishment

It's the new populism.

Come Doctor QUACK-QUACK, I called BULLSHIT on you. Put up PROOF that if the Republican candidates meet and discuss-debate-argue, that it is federal law some media person, etc, has to be there.

Hell, they are meeting Sunday, and threw out the RNC, so I think you are as full of sh** as a Thanksgiving turkey!

They can debate in private as much as they want, the law only regulates public debates.

I'm wondering why the republicans need a debate anyway. All they're about is tax breaks for billionaires and corporations and slash entitlements. Well, rand paul is a little different. He wants a complete end to all taxation.

FUCK the establishment
I love to see Republican presidential candidates whining.
Their tears are nice and salty.

Hey, you can help QUACK-QUACK to. Show us!

FUCK the establishment

It's the new populism.

They can debate in private as much as they want, the law only regulates public debates.

Fairness doctrine QUACK-QUACK, is that what you are basing your point on, lol!

FUCK the establishment

It's the new populism.

Fairness doctrine QUACK-QUACK, is that what you are basing your point on, lol!

No.

FUCK the establishment

It's the new populism.

OK, ok, what is the law on public debates? Show us? You are a mod, so I am sure you have the goods. PRODUCE THE LAW so we know!

FUCK the establishment

It's the new populism.

OK, ok, what is the law on public debates? Show us? You are a mod, so I am sure you have the goods. PRODUCE THE LAW so we know!

I just did, but I'll happily post the link again.

11 CFR 110.13 - Candidate debates.

So they want control over the questions asked. How sweet. I am so pissed that raising the debt ceiling is giving money to the defense and not making the high earners pay more for Medicare, I could just scream.
I don't think they want control over the questions. Maybe they just don't want partisan hacks to ask questions about their competitors morality.. and stick to the issues like economy, immigration and taxes.

In other words, they want control of the questions.
Not control, they want real questions. The democrats are NEVER asked questions remotely close to that. I have never seen Hillary asked in a debate or by the media about Benghazi, let alone questions about her finances. If you have please post me the link and the response, I'd love to hear and difficult questions she's been asked. But hey if you think the government really needs to regulate fantasy football, then you loved those questions.

So they want control over the questions asked. How sweet. I am so pissed that raising the debt ceiling is giving money to the defense and not making the high earners pay more for Medicare, I could just scream.
I don't think they want control over the questions. Maybe they just don't want partisan hacks to ask questions about their competitors morality.. and stick to the issues like economy, immigration and taxes.

Not control, they want real questions. The democrats are NEVER asked questions remotely close to that. I have never seen Hillary asked in a debate or by the media about Benghazi, let alone questions about her finances. If you have please post me the link and the response, I'd love to hear and difficult questions she's been asked. But hey if you think the government really needs to regulate fantasy football, then you loved those questions.

Determining what kind of questions they will be asked is by definition "controlling" the questions.

As for Hilary, she was asked about Benghazi during the Democratic debate - and what "questions about her finances" do you think should have been asked?

It's the new populism.

Well thank you very much, I honestly appreciate that Mr Mod, but can you point me to the section that states that if the debate is televised, it has to have a media person present? I apologize, but I am not educated enough to find that passage.

It's the new populism.

Well thank you very much, I honestly appreciate that Mr Mod, but can you point me to the section that states that if the debate is televised, it has to have a media person present? I apologize, but I am not educated enough to find that passage.

I didn't make that claim, so I feel no need to defend it.

The law states that candidate debates can be organized by either non-partisan 501c3s, or by media networks. The RNC is neither of those.

Determining what kind of questions they will be asked is by definition "controlling" the questions.

As for Hilary, she was asked about Benghazi during the Democratic debate - and what "questions about her finances" do you think should have been asked?

You see Doctor, here is what I SEE in your link............I see that people who CLAIM to be non-biased can hold debates. Now then, it goes back to what I said here, or in another thread. IF THE MEDIA attempts to claim it is non-biased, it opens itself up, now doesn't it. Therefore, it will never proclaim it is not, because not only may it lose a boatload of money, some may lose their license.

As I stated, THE OUTSIDE 4 just screwed the boatload of the establishment, and a new day has dawned on how things are handled, because the media is going to save itself, before it saves Hillary. This is going to be epic!

I'm wondering why the republicans need a debate anyway. All they're about is tax breaks for billionaires and corporations and slash entitlements. Well, rand paul is a little different. He wants a complete end to all taxation.
They didn't have debates for the longest time......after Nixon got wacked by Kennedy in 1960.

Forum List

Back