The precedent has been set

So they want control over the questions asked. How sweet. I am so pissed that raising the debt ceiling is giving money to the defense and not making the high earners pay more for Medicare, I could just scream.
I don't think they want control over the questions. Maybe they just don't want partisan hacks to ask questions about their competitors morality.. and stick to the issues like economy, immigration and taxes.

In other words, they want control of the questions.
Not control, they want real questions. The democrats are NEVER asked questions remotely close to that. I have never seen Hillary asked in a debate or by the media about Benghazi, let alone questions about her finances. If you have please post me the link and the response, I'd love to hear and difficult questions she's been asked. But hey if you think the government really needs to regulate fantasy football, then you loved those questions.

Determining what kind of questions they will be asked is by definition "controlling" the questions.

As for Hilary, she was asked about Benghazi during the Democratic debate - and what "questions about her finances" do you think should have been asked?

You see Doctor, here is what I SEE in your link............I see that people who CLAIM to be non-biased can hold debates. Now then, it goes back to what I said here, or in another thread. IF THE MEDIA attempts to claim it is non-biased, it opens itself up, now doesn't it. Therefore, it will never proclaim it is not, because not only may it lose a boatload of money, some may lose their license.

As I stated, THE OUTSIDE 4 just screwed the boatload of the establishment, and a new day has dawned on how things are handled, because the media is going to save itself, before it saves Hillary. This is going to be epic!

What YOU see in the link is irrelevant, only what it actually says:

(a) Staging organizations.

(1)Nonprofit organizations described in 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) or (c)(4) and which do not endorse, support, or oppose political candidates or political parties may stage candidate debates in accordance with this section and 11 CFR 114.4(f).

(2)Broadcasters (including a cable television operator, programmer or producer),bona fidenewspapers, magazines and other periodical publications may stage candidate debates in accordance with this section and 114.4(f), provided that they are not owned or controlled by a political party, political committee or candidate. In addition, broadcasters (including a cable television operator, programmer or producer), bona fide newspapers, magazines and other periodical publications, acting as press entities, may also cover or carry candidate debates in accordance with 11 CFR part 100, subparts B and C and part 100, subparts D and E.​

The RNC doesn't have any control over the debates.

But it is fun to watch the GOP eat itself.
They just canceled all NBC debates. Sounds like some control to me. You saw them eat themselves at the last debate? They agree more than they disagreed. That's what happens when you become united under a common enemy.

The RNC can cancel debates, but they don't have any control over the debates themselves. It's the law, actually.

You said it was the law, here is your quote!

Now I agree, you never claimed what the law was, but just like all left wingers, you implied the law was NOT on their side, lol.

No offense Doctor, but you are Obamacare! You promise a lot, give next to nothing but left wing propaganda!

Good luck, lol!!!!!

They just canceled all NBC debates. Sounds like some control to me. You saw them eat themselves at the last debate? They agree more than they disagreed. That's what happens when you become united under a common enemy.

The RNC can cancel debates, but they don't have any control over the debates themselves. It's the law, actually.

Now I agree, you never claimed what the law was, but just like all left wingers, you implied the law was NOT on their side, lol.

No offense Doctor, but you are Obamacare! You promise a lot, give next to nothing but left wing propaganda!

Good luck, lol!!!!!

I have no idea what any of this nonsense is supposed to mean.

I don't think they want control over the questions. Maybe they just don't want partisan hacks to ask questions about their competitors morality.. and stick to the issues like economy, immigration and taxes.

Not control, they want real questions. The democrats are NEVER asked questions remotely close to that. I have never seen Hillary asked in a debate or by the media about Benghazi, let alone questions about her finances. If you have please post me the link and the response, I'd love to hear and difficult questions she's been asked. But hey if you think the government really needs to regulate fantasy football, then you loved those questions.

Determining what kind of questions they will be asked is by definition "controlling" the questions.

As for Hilary, she was asked about Benghazi during the Democratic debate - and what "questions about her finances" do you think should have been asked?

You see Doctor, here is what I SEE in your link............I see that people who CLAIM to be non-biased can hold debates. Now then, it goes back to what I said here, or in another thread. IF THE MEDIA attempts to claim it is non-biased, it opens itself up, now doesn't it. Therefore, it will never proclaim it is not, because not only may it lose a boatload of money, some may lose their license.

As I stated, THE OUTSIDE 4 just screwed the boatload of the establishment, and a new day has dawned on how things are handled, because the media is going to save itself, before it saves Hillary. This is going to be epic!

(1)Nonprofit organizations described in 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) or (c)(4) and which do not endorse, support, or oppose political candidates or political parties may stage candidate debates in accordance with this section and 11 CFR 114.4(f).

(2)Broadcasters (including a cable television operator, programmer or producer),bona fidenewspapers, magazines and other periodical publications may stage candidate debates in accordance with this section and 114.4(f), provided that they are not owned or controlled by a political party, political committee or candidate. In addition, broadcasters (including a cable television operator, programmer or producer), bona fide newspapers, magazines and other periodical publications, acting as press entities, may also cover or carry candidate debates in accordance with 11 CFR part 100, subparts B and C and part 100, subparts D and E.​

Listen Doc, I am telling you outright.............go ahead and get your media people to claim they are NOT biased. Start with the moderators who ran that inquisition, and they will LOSE THEIR LICENSE. They will never back you up, because as long as they keep their mouth shut, they can't be brought into litigation. So YOU are barking up the wrong tree. I promise you...........those people say they are not biased, they will be in court.

Now go ahead, see if you can make the conservatives day and get them to back up YOUR WORDS-)

Listen Doc, I am telling you outright.............go ahead and get your media people to claim they are NOT biased. Start with the moderators who ran that inquisition, and they will LOSE THEIR LICENSE. They will never back you up, because as long as they keep their mouth shut, they can't be brought into litigation. So YOU are barking up the wrong tree. I promise you...........those people say they are not biased, they will be in court.

Now go ahead, see if you can make the conservatives day and get them to back up YOUR WORDS-)

I still don't know what you're talking about.

There's no requirement that "media people" not be biased.

Good luck, lol!!!!!

Doesn't surprise anyone.

Good luck, lol!!!!!

Doesn't surprise anyone.

Nor does your inability to respond to the thread with any actual content or commentary of your own.

Good luck, lol!!!!!

Doesn't surprise anyone.

Nor does your inability to respond to the thread with any actual content or commentary of your own.
As opposed to the quote: I have no idea what any of this nonsense supposed to mean?

Good luck, lol!!!!!

Doesn't surprise anyone.

As opposed to the quote: I have no idea what any of this nonsense supposed to mean?

Saying "I have no idea what any of this nonsense is supposed to mean" is a pretty direct request for clarification.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, how about you stop trolling Zone 2, and start addressing the topic?

When you can't stand on your own policies.....and the opposition party is leading the country toward better times....you've got to find a villain.

Nutbags can't complain about our economy beyond the lame "19 trillion in debt" whine. Our economy is growing and is the world's strongest.

They know that the country is in good hands now.....and they won't succeed by telling Americans that it isn't.

So....the villain is the media. Poor GOP candidates.....treated so unfairly.

Listen up, nutters. The CNBC debate had a few classless moments from moderators. But the questions themselves were fair. And...they were no more accusatory or difficult than in any of the previous debates this cycle.

Quit whining. Ya big babies.

So they want control over the questions asked. How sweet. I am so pissed that raising the debt ceiling is giving money to the defense and not making the high earners pay more for Medicare, I could just scream.

Do you know what it means to raise the debt ceiling? Or....are you in the same boat as Ben Carson?

When you can't stand on your own policies.....and the opposition party is leading the country toward better times....you've got to find a villain.

Nutbags can't complain about our economy beyond the lame "19 trillion in debt" whine. Our economy is growing and is the world's strongest.

They know that the country is in good hands now.....and they won't succeed by telling Americans that it isn't.

Listen up, nutters. The CNBC debate had a few classless moments from moderators. But the questions themselves were fair. And...they were no more accusatory or difficult than in any of the previous debates this cycle.

Classless indeed, not only by you or the moderators. It is as if the CNBC moderators themselves could be handing out infractions.

Classless indeed, not only by you or the moderators. It is as if the CNBC moderators themselves could be handing out infractions.

What's wrong......you agreed with me and can't handle it?

I can't blame the GOP for telling the media to shove it with debate after debate of stupid questions, but now the danger would be that it goes too far in the opposite direction.

I want to know precisely what each candidate would do if faced with specific situations and issues, and why their ideas are better than those of the other candidates.

Is this really so fucking tough?

All this other "gotcha" bullshit is a waste of time.

They also set the schedules and things don't they?

They can suggest a schedule, but by law the debates themselves have to be run by either a media organization, or a 501c3 organization.

Here is exactly what you said DOC. It insinuates clearly that the outside 4 have no control, which is clearly false. On down the line, you then changed your tune in other responses, to attempt to prove that the media could NOT be questioned, or sued. (that is my take anyway)

I am no longer going to respond because you are a mod, and clearly wrong. Arguing with a mod is dumb, as maybe not in this thread, but some thread down the road, you will be repaid for showing the mods error. But, I will plainly say that you attempted to suggest in the post I noted, that the 4 were NOT in control because of laws. You were plainly trying to convince people that they had no control, and the feds (a liberal liking fed control, who woulda thunk it) would stop them because of rules.

Now you as a leftist are going to insist, "no, oh no, I never meant that," lol. Yeah, and the moderators of the debate, never really meant it either. Seems that everyone agrees they went waaaay over the line in the media, but of course, you as a leftist know better, now don't you. You implied laws were going to stop the republican debates from being spirited away from leftist moderators.

Let me give you a heads up! You leftists are in the fight of your life, and haven't even figured it out yet. If it comes to pass that that a republican wins the whitehouse, holds the senate, and certainly will hold the house. You know what! Every liberal department will be summarily dismantled, and it is over!

Doubt me? If it comes to pass they hold all 3, come ask me for a bet, then prepare to tell your wife I cleaned you out-)

They also set the schedules and things don't they?

They can suggest a schedule, but by law the debates themselves have to be run by either a media organization, or a 501c3 organization.

Here is exactly what you said DOC. It insinuates clearly that the outside 4 have no control, which is clearly false. On down the line, you then changed your tune in other responses, to attempt to prove that the media could NOT be questioned, or sued. (that is my take anyway)

I am no longer going to respond because you are a mod, and clearly wrong. Arguing with a mod is dumb, as maybe not in this thread, but some thread down the road, you will be repaid for showing the mods error. But, I will plainly say that you attempted to suggest in the post I noted, that the 4 were NOT in control because of laws. You were plainly trying to convince people that they had no control, and the feds (a liberal liking fed control, who woulda thunk it) would stop them because of rules.

Now you as a leftist are going to insist, "no, oh no, I never meant that," lol. Yeah, and the moderators of the debate, never really meant it either. Seems that everyone agrees they went waaaay over the line in the media, but of course, you as a leftist know better, now don't you. You implied laws were going to stop the republican debates from being spirited away from leftist moderators.

Let me give you a heads up! You leftists are in the fight of your life, and haven't even figured it out yet. If it comes to pass that that a republican wins the whitehouse, holds the senate, and certainly will hold the house. You know what! Every liberal department will be summarily dismantled, and it is over!

Doubt me? If it comes to pass they hold all 3, come ask me for a bet, then prepare to tell your wife I cleaned you out-)

Tl;dr.

Your "interpretation" of what you think I meant is between you and your imagination, and has nothing to do with me, and your hollow claims of victory are more than a little bit pathetic - as is using the moderator excuse to weasel out of responding.

Forum List

Back