The Progressives will Reelect Trump

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Trump was elected because the "Progressive" policy failures of Obama were getting too awful to ignore and Hillary as more of the same was too much to tolerate. The fallback plan of Sanders/Warren is a non-starter. The daily riots by paid thugs is making Trump's pompous and ham-handed governance look like the least evil by a huge margin.

As a Libertarian with TEA party leanings let me be the first to say thank you Democrats.

Can't we wait until we see how Trump does on his first term before projecting him as the winner of 2020?

Short of the Democratic party cracking down on their own left-wing activists and donors I don't see any survivable screw up that would not make him again the least evil by a huge margin in the eyes of all non-D voters.

With IL and CA in default of non-bond debts and most of the rest of the Blue Wall teetering the Ds are in for a rude awakening.. If either tax simplification and/or repeal and replace passes this year Tax flight will hit levels never seen before.

I am not saying that Trump will be loved but rather that unless and until something major changes soon,by say June of this year, disgust with D behavior will continue to grow and be impossible to overcome by the 2018 mid-terms. Given current odds for reelection of D senators who were pulled over the line in 2012 by Obama a continuation of current behaviors will lead to a solid red wall.

Last edited:
You're an idiot to think that the Dems would put up Hillary or someone like her again.

I'm not worried about the election in 2020, I'm just hoping that we make it to 2020.

And, Trump has yet to start acting presidential. Even Sweden is confused by his behavior.

You're an idiot to think that the Dems would put up Hillary or someone like her again.

I'm not worried about the election in 2020, I'm just hoping that we make it to 2020.

And, Trump has yet to start acting presidential. Even Sweden is confused by his behavior.

They'll go worse Sanders/Warren wing of the party.

Forum List

Back