🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The prophecies from science fiction

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
As a bit of fan of the tv series "Babylon 5" I'm struck remembering certain key episodes curiously prophetic of the current world situation vis a vis ISIS.

Delenn: [addressing the Grey Council] Three years. For three years I warned you this day was coming, but you would not listen. Pride, you said, presumption. And now ISIS are on the move. The Russians and the French are at war, the Europeans have fallen, even the Syrians are fighting one another. The pride was yours, the presumption was yours. For two-thousand years, we have been awaiting the fulfillment of prophecy. And when it finally happens, you scorn it, you reject it because you no longer believe it yourselves. "We stand between the candle and the star, between the darkness and the light." You say the words but your hearts are empty, your ears closed to the truth. You stand for nothing but your own petty interests. "The problems of others are not our concern." I do not blame you for standing silent in your shame. You, who knew what was coming, but refused to take up the burden of this war. If the Americans will not fight, then the rest of us will. The government has lost it's way. If it will not lead, if we have abandoned our covenant with God

[takes staff from council leader]

Delenn: then the government shall be broken!

[breaks staff in two]

Delenn: As was prophesied. We must stand with the others now before it's too late. Between the Republicans and the military, we control two thirds of our forces. To you, I say, listen to the voice of your conscience. Break the government and come with me. Our time of isolation is over. We move now, together or not at all.

- "Babylon 5"

Interesting how a few changed words make something written ~25 years ago prophetic is it not.

Forum List

Back