The question should be: why do Assad and Putin bailout Obama?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Kerry proposes a solution, which they dismiss. Obama is poised to lose, and lose badly, on a vote to authorize force. Then, Putin and Assad buy into the Kerry solution?

It has always been this way. Some bully becomes a threat, and then the US stands up to them. At first, the bully is defiant, and then they back down.

Meanwhile, the appeasers here at home whine and scream and rent their clothes in fear.

It was that way with Reagan and the MX missile, it was that way with Obama and Assad, and everything in between.

These things reveal who the appeasers and useful idiots among us are.

Last edited:
yes, they should be more like the GOP and not let any crisis be negotiated out instead of an invasion or a complete brake down in the system.

It has always been this way. Some fuckhead becomes a threat, and then the US stands up to them. At first, the fuckhead draws a line in the sand, and then when we cross it, they back down.

Meanwhile, the appeasers here at home whine and scream and rent their clothes in fear.

It was that way with Reagan and MX missiles in Europe, it was that way with Obama and Assad's chemical weapons, and everything in between.

We are finding out who the weak among us are.

How much do they rent their clothes for?

It has always been this way. Some bully becomes a threat, and then the US stands up to them. At first, the bully is defiant, and then they back down.

It was that way with Reagan and the MX missile, it was that way with Obama and Assad, and everything in between.

The only thing I can think of is that Putin bailed him out, and expects any punishment over Snowden to be removed post haste. LOL

The only thing I can think of is that Putin bailed him out, and expects any punishment over Snowden to be removed post haste. LOL

Putin backed down.

They read my thread.....

How about this?
Congress approves strike.

Obama says to Assad..."you say you did not/will not use CW...ok I believe you. So let the UN come in and destroy/remove your stockpiles. Its obvious you dont need them. If you do that we will not bomb your country. If you do not agree then I cannot believe you...and I will strike to whatever extent it takes to defeat your forces or drive you to negotiations...whichever comes first."

This does not solve the civil war if Assad agrees...but it achieves Obama's purpose without bombing.

Worth a shot?

Seems Kerry had a very busy day. State Department now claims he said that the 'turning over weapons was rhetorical.

Kerry didn't seem to understand that words matter, never more than in affairs of states. Sort of the problem of Obama and the 'red line' remark. While the administration is pooh poohing this, my guess is the Congress won't. The American people are against this and now Congress has been thrown a lifeline.

Obama: Russia proposal for Syria 'positive development' -- if real - CNN.com

...Taking a 'hard look'

Still, the United States will take a "hard look" at the plan, deputy State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said.

But "we can't have this be another stalling tactic," she said, adding that the Syrian president's track record doesn't bode well.

"Everything that Assad has done over the past two years and before has been to refuse to put his chemical weapons under international control," she said. "He hasn't declared them. We've repeatedly called on him to do so. And he's ignored prohibitions against them."

Latest developments

The new possibility of a diplomatic deal appeared to have started with comments from Kerry earlier Monday.

Asked whether there was anything al-Assad's government could do or offer that would stop an attack, Kerry said that al-Assad "could turn over every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community in the next week."

Speaking at a news conference with British Foreign Secretary William Hague, the U.S. secretary of state described that as an impossible scenario.

"He isn't about to do it," Kerry said. "And it can't be done, obviously."

U.S. official: Kerry "clearly went off script"

But as Russia and Syria later suggested that it could be done, one U.S. official called Kerry's remarks a "major goof," adding that America's top diplomat "clearly went off script."

"There is no one in the administration who is taking this Syria proposal seriously," the official said.

Several State Department representatives tried to clarify Kerry's remarks later in the day, calling them a "rhetorical argument."

"His point was that this brutal dictator (al-Assad) with a history of playing fast and loose with the facts cannot be trusted to turn over chemical weapons, otherwise he would have done so long ago," State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said. "That's why the world faces this moment."

Kerry's comments caught Russia's attention

It wasn't long before the remarks came up in a conversation between Lavrov and Kerry, who talked on the phone as the U.S. secretary of state flew back from London.

"I saw your comments this morning," Lavrov said to Kerry, according to a senior State Department official.

During a 14-minute conversation that had been previously scheduled, the Russian foreign minister said he would speak out about the issue but played down the idea that a proposal was on the table, the official said.

Kerry told Lavrov that the United States "is not going to 'play games,'" the official said. "If there is a serious proposal, we will take a look."

Obama was outmaneuvered. He should stick to community organizing and making snide remarks about Sarah Palin. A man should know his limitations.

Forum List

Back