The Race issue is heating up !!!

It's sickening how stupid people become when something like this happens. George Bush didn't drag his feet on this because he hates black people. He drug his feet on this because he's incompetent. Blanco is also incompetent. I should know, I fucking live here. The govt. completely dropped the ball on this and for anyone to be jumping in line to stick up for someone because of your political affiliation is just fucking stupid. Our govt. failed. There aren't a whole lot of people who deserve to be patted on the back on this one. The private citizens of Louisiana have done more to help in this tragedy than the govt. has. I can promise you that much. The National Gaurd was late, FEMA was nowhere to be found in Biloxi when they were needed. The govt. sucks fucking ass and if you can't see that then you are the one that needs to go to Africa, not the poor people that were stuck in the superdome and the new orleans convention center. They were told to go there for shelter and were abandoned and FORCED to stay there against their will by our govt. who was dragging their feet. And the dome isn't being torn down because people were tearing the place up(although I'm sure some of them were.) It's being torn down because people were in there for days and the sewage system was being backed up and people were dying because of lack of medication. Then there is that whole thing about it still being underwater and having the fucking roof ripped off you fucking idiots.

Maybe some of you guys should watch this video. Smith and Rivera know what the fuck is going on. Maybe the rest of you should watch this video and see just how fucking stupid our govt. is and how they left these people to die because they are too incompetent to get anything right.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html#a4763

Well, you can rant and rave all you want, Powerman, if that makes you feel any better, but the fact remains that nothing was done at the state or local levels--the first responders according to established law in this country--and, because of that, a bad situation compounded itself many fold. What you experienced in those first few days was because your elected state and local officials DID NOTHING.

To expect the feds to take charge and bring everything under control in one hour--after things had been deteriorating for three days--is not even sensible. If the feds hadn't taken control after they saw the state and local officials were not doing their jobs, you would still be in a state of anarchy down there.

And please be sure to re-elect Blanco and Nagin as a reward for their competence, problem-solving skills, and great ability to think on their feet in an emergency. When I think of all those buses, planes and trains that could have been commandeered to get those people out of the city ahead of the hurricane.... Under the right leadership, the entire 100,000 could have been out of the city well ahead of Monday morning when Katrina hit. The needed transporatation was available. And why the hell weren't their emergency plans implemented and followed?

Powerman said:
There aren't a whole lot of people who deserve to be patted on the back on this one.
Really? How about those U.S.Coast Guard helicopter pilots and their men who have worked nonstop even when idiots have been shooting at them? These guys have saved almost 10,000 lives and have risked theirs each time.

The govt. sucks fucking ass and if you can't see that then you are the one that needs to go to Africa, not the poor people that were stuck in the superdome and the new orleans convention center.
I am not the one that pays homage to Africa first when I describe who I am. If they feel a need to hyphenate shouldn't they refer to themselves as American-African? I don't need to involve Europe in my description, I am an American. I guess you don't have a problem with the fact that the Superdome and Convention center were destroyed in a few days by humans,not wind or floods. Humans acting uncivilized, yea I know they were thirsty and hungry but does that excuse pissing and shitting all over themselves? They were stuck there because of their mayor, period.

They were told to go there for shelter and were abandoned and FORCED to stay there against their will by our govt. who was dragging their feet.
Really? They weren't sent there by our government, they were sent and left by their government that most elected based purely on the color of his skin.I seem to remember these people being told to bring food, water, and medicine for a few days.

Then there is that whole thing about it still being underwater and having the fucking roof ripped off you fucking idiots.
I believe the photographs and reports showed that it was comparatively dry around each of those buildings. The roof structure wasn't blown off, aerials show that the white membrane has been peeled away but the roof hasn't been destroyed. If you want to lay blame, you need to look at the idiots that run your state and the ones that are fleeing it permanently to the dismay of those states that have generously helped by housing them but assumed they would return to help rebuild their state. A lot are saying that they want to stay in Texas, we aren't thrilled with that prospect, most aren't productive citizens and we don't need any more freeloaders.

Oh by the way Powerhead, I too am from Louisiana and have always been ashamed of New Orleans. Where I do have sympathy for the innocent children and older people, I am immediately turned off when the able bodied parents start looking to blame the nanny state for their own lack of self respect.

sitarro said:
Houston and Baton Rouge's crime rates have already risen. In Houston there have already been 3 car jackings, assorted robberies, a rape, beatings. . . etc. The "displaced citizens" have turned down 7,000 staterooms on cruise ships in Galveston.
It was announced tonight that authorities have stated that the Superdome is so trashed inside it may have to be torn down. What type of humanity destroys a place being loaned to them to save their lives? Sorry, there is no excuse. Then again, I seem to remember some bad behavior in LA when the Rodney King verdict forced "citizens" to attempt to burn the city down. Then of course the authorities couldn't have possibly found O.J. guilty after that.Does anyone see a pattern here? The "displaced citizens" that were brought to the Astrodome were semi-happy for about 20 minutes, now they are bitching to anyone with a camera. Another special item, I heard that "illegally here citizens" are being paid 5 dollars an hour to pass out food,
In contrast, the citizens in Mississippi have also lost everything, most that they actually worked to pay for and I have heard mostly a thankfulness to God for their lives. Trent Lott lost a home that he grew up in that was 150 years old, nothing left, he doesn't even want to discuss it because he feels that there are many who are much worse off.
The "displaced citizens" that trashed the Superdome need to be bussed back to NO and given a broom. That dumbass mayor needs to lead that crew, that is obviously what he should be doing, and maybe get that Governor and have her get with it too.

Gee, I'm not sure, did I get off topic?

sad but true...out here in Northern Nevada we only accepted some 200...they are housed at Stead...a old Air Force Base north of Reno,Nevada and at a government housing project for the mentally disadvantaged...they will be given the opportunity to melt into our society...maybe accept a few to displace some of the illegal alien workers....hopefully...that is if they are really willing to adjust and accept responsibility for their own life as all should!

You people need to pay attention. I never said that Blanco and Nagin did a good job. I'm just saying that the federal govt. also dropped the ball on this one. And when I said no one deserves to be patted on the back for this one I'm talking about politicians. Obviously the rescue workers need to be commended for what they did. The biggest disaster in the history of the United States and the govt. seems to be taking a nap. I'm pretty pissed off about it myself. This event completely dwarfs 911 and like it or not America needs New Orleans. That port should be protected by the federal govt. at all costs. Everyone in Washington knew how vulnerable and important that port is.

Powerman said:
You people need to pay attention. I never said that Blanco and Nagin did a good job. I'm just saying that the federal govt. also dropped the ball on this one. And when I said no one deserves to be patted on the back for this one I'm talking about politicians. Obviously the rescue workers need to be commended for what they did. The biggest disaster in the history of the United States and the govt. seems to be taking a nap. I'm pretty pissed off about it myself. This event completely dwarfs 911 and like it or not America needs New Orleans. That port should be protected by the federal govt. at all costs. Everyone in Washington knew how vulnerable and important that port is.

In an interview the Mayor stated that when Bush asked the Governor for permission to enter and help, for her signature on the form that would allow for this, she stated (and I paraphrase), "I need 24 hours to decide..."

That was on AF1 when Bush went down there. This means that on Wednesday, the LA Governor still had not signed the form that would allow the Feds to help. That if the 24 hour timeline were followed it means that in less than 24 hours after getting the go ahead from the Governor food and water had been delivered into NO. That sounds like a pretty good turnaround time to me...

no1tovote4 said:
In an interview the Mayor stated that when Bush asked the Governor for permission to enter and help, for her signature on the form that would allow for this, she stated (and I paraphrase), "I need 24 hours to decide..."

That was on AF1 when Bush went down there. This means that on Wednesday, the LA Governor still had not signed the form that would allow the Feds to help. That if the 24 hour timeline were followed it means that in less than 24 hours after getting the go ahead from the Governor food and water had been delivered into NO. That sounds like a pretty good turnaround time to me...

I'm not about to give Blanco a free pass and she should probably shoulder most of the blame but I'm just saying that other organizations failed. Homeland security and FEMA did not do their jobs well and Bush was fucking around on vacation while half of New Orleans was under water.

Powerman said:
I'm not about to give Blanco a free pass and she should probably shoulder most of the blame but I'm just saying that other organizations failed. Homeland security and FEMA did not do their jobs well and Bush was fucking around on vacation while half of New Orleans was under water.

I would say that you really don't have a clue do you?

Right..President Bush did absolutely no work while on vacation. Nothing. No meetings, no briefings, nothing.

Sat around in his underpants drinking Foster's while watching Dr. Phil.

(oh that was my last vacation)

Powerman said:

ball that is not pitched...the Governor and the Mayor had the initial responsibility...mother nature is the cause...not government et al...this city was a accident waiting to happen...all knew it...however the Feds cannot react until the state and locals ask for help or blow it...so far the Feds have reacted as they should...to say less is disingenuous to say the least!

One cannot protect the nation or world for that matter completely from "Mother Nature" we all know it...this has become a political game and nothing more...on both sides of the aisle! :(

Powerman said:

Bush didn't do himself any favors by not going there right away. However, it would have looked worse to go there and get photo ops before he could send any help whatsoever because of the Constitutional requirment of the form that the Governor wouldn't sign. Standing around saying you can save people when you are not yet allowed to go in and help would also have been a PR nightmare.

Bush was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and was (wisely in my opinion) unwilling to go on record for political points saying the Governor was stopping all help that he could provide by waiting to sign that document. What do you expect them to do when they are not constitutionally allowed to do anything without that permission from the Governor?

I agree that they could have had them lined up at the border ready to help at the second the document was signed, but the turnaround time was pretty quick all things considered.

GotZoom said:
I would say that you really don't have a clue do you?

Right..President Bush did absolutely no work while on vacation. Nothing. No meetings, no briefings, nothing.

Sat around in his underpants drinking Foster's while watching Dr. Phil.

(oh that was my last vacation)

Lunacy. We are in the middle of a natural disaster of proportions that dwarfs 911 and the president is still on vacation? I know that the president gets work done on vacation but it was obviously time to cut the vacation short when a cat4 hurricane is ripping it's way through New Orleans. How would you feel if Bush didn't cut his vacation short after 911? This is much more devastation than 911 was.

archangel said:
ball that is not pitched...the Governor and the Mayor had the initial responsibility...mother nature is the cause...not government et al...this city was a accident waiting to happen...all knew it...however the Feds cannot react until the state and locals ask for help or blow it...so far the Feds have reacted as they should...to say less is disingenuous to say the least!

One cannot protect the nation or world for that matter completely from "Mother Nature" we all know it...this has become a political game and nothing more...on both sides of the aisle! :(

Well said!!! We are on our own in this world, again, folks buy a good flashlight, stockpile water, have an evacuation plan for the whole family, pets included, and get all your important documents in order covered in waterproof plastic.
Government can only do so much no matter who is President!!!

Powerman said:

Bullshit!
You just glossed over the facts given to you by no1 to attack the President. The President went there personally to get Blanco to pull her head out of her ass and ask for Federal help. As for the"Mayor", he should be brought up on charges for manslaughter. It was he and he alone who should have used the thousands of busses to get those people out a day before land fall of Katrina.If he would have done that , most of the suffering and deaths could have been avoided and New Orleans would still have a Dome for the Saints and a Convention Center for tourist income with minimal repairs needed. They have admitted that they didn't want to get people out just to bring them back. These idiots are the ones that underestimated the strength of that storm as the rest of the world was predicting the end of New Orleans.
Your repeating of the rediculous lines about the President's vacation paints you as the one of the simpletons that these assinine statements are designed to influence. It is 2005, the President can't go take a dump without still being in total communication with everyone important to the running of our country. If Kerry would have been the President he would have probably been vacationing in his beloved France, President Bush was within a 2 hour plane ride of the action.:blah2:

They would still have a dome for the Saints? LOL are you fucking stupid. That thing is beyond repair and it's not because of the people that were inside of it.

Powerman said:
They would still have a dome for the Saints? LOL are you fucking stupid. That thing is beyond repair and it's not because of the people that were inside of it.

get real only a portion of the roof was destroyed by "Katrina" the interior was in fact destroyed by those who were given shelter! :piss2:

archangel said:
get real only a portion of the roof was destroyed by "Katrina" the interior was in fact destroyed by those who were given shelter! :piss2:

This is funny because a few years ago people were in the superdome because of a hurricane that was coming and they didn't tear it down after. And the superdome will also be torn down because it could not withstand the storm. They are going to build something that can handle upwards of 230 MPH winds. No doubt about that.

Powerman said:
This is funny because a few years ago people were in the superdome because of a hurricane that was coming and they didn't tear it down after. And the superdome will also be torn down because it could not withstand the storm. They are going to build something that can handle upwards of 230 MPH winds. No doubt about that.

it's a pathetic fact!... the storm did not cause the interior damage...people who did not care about others did!
:shocked:

Powerman said:

The plumbing worked that time. This time it didn't. It is amazing the amount of damage human feces and urine can cause to a building. A few roof tiles were not what destroyed that place.

Powerman said:
Lunacy. We are in the middle of a natural disaster of proportions that dwarfs 911 and the president is still on vacation? I know that the president gets work done on vacation but it was obviously time to cut the vacation short when a cat4 hurricane is ripping it's way through New Orleans. How would you feel if Bush didn't cut his vacation short after 911? This is much more devastation than 911 was.

Once he realized the extent of the damage, he did cut his vacation short.

Do you want every sitting President to stop doing what they are doing because a hurricane is coming? If so, there wouldn't be any work done from June through November.

no1tovote4 said:
The plumbing worked that time. This time it didn't. It is amazing the amount of damage human feces and urine can cause to a building. A few roof tiles were not what destroyed that place.

Correct. So it's not the fault of the people that were in there as archangel insists. You can't blame someone for going to the restroom. If they had been bused out of there sooner then there would have been less damage.

Forum List

Back