The real epicdemic in America is with doctors

Sometimes its the pharmacist or nurse.

Sometimes it is none of the above. My BIL was misdiagnosed, they missed that he had a rare heart disease that less than 200,000 people in the country have. Since he was misdiagnosed he would be counted as a "doctor caused death", even though the condition has no cure and has a 100% death rate. The best they can do is slow it down a bit. So, it would not have saved him had they diagnosed him correctly on the first day.

We have over 10 million AR's in the hands of private citizens do you really want to go this way?

Hey we just had a hosp. close for a few hours due to gunshots, so you want gunshots treated or strokes or heart attacks??
Irrelevant those shooting don't change the fact doctors kill more people than an AR

Damn near everything kills more people than an AR.
ok so why are leftist calling for a ban on them? Is it because they are black and scary looking?

pretty much, though more the scary looking than the black part. It is an emotional knee jerk reaction that plays well in the polls.
ok I'll have to agree with you on that.

Sometimes it is none of the above. My BIL was misdiagnosed, they missed that he had a rare heart disease that less than 200,000 people in the country have. Since he was misdiagnosed he would be counted as a "doctor caused death", even though the condition has no cure and has a 100% death rate. The best they can do is slow it down a bit. So, it would not have saved him had they diagnosed him correctly on the first day.
could be but more than likely not.

More people die under a doctors care because of a mistake than 1000 AR15's have . 44,000-98,000 A YEAR

again, we can live without guns... we can't live without doctors.

Or at least not as long...

Hey, I'm waiting for you to say that "natural causes" are more dangerous than guns.

Growing old are more dangerous than guns..

Come one, there's nothing more fun than watching a gun nut squirm when society gets sick of your shit.

The argument is not that we should do away with doctors. The argument is that they should be held to a higher standard when their mistakes kill someone.

Nope that's a different statistic

Cannot cure an incurable disease. This is my issue with these sorts of studies, they cannot separate out the real problems from the not so real.

I am 100% against gun bans, I agree it is stupid to go after a single class of guns. I do not even think it helpful to ban large cap magazines.

These studies just bug me, likely a byproduct of being married to a nurse and having a daughter that is a nurse. These crazy high numbers for doctor caused deaths just do not pass the smell test. My wife has been a nurse for 6 years now, working critical care the whole time, having cared for thousands of patients. She has never had a patient die due to doctor caused reasons.

On a totally unrelated note, was it you that posted the picture of the DP-12 the other day? That thing was wicked cool!

Love this video of it!

Gun owners shoot over 100,000 good people a year, which is way more than the very costly very miserably sick people who die as Doctors try to save them.

Last edited:

Cannot cure an incurable disease. This is my issue with these sorts of studies, they cannot separate out the real problems from the not so real.

I am 100% against gun bans, I agree it is stupid to go after a single class of guns. I do not even think it helpful to ban large cap magazines.

These studies just bug me, likely a byproduct of being married to a nurse and having a daughter that is a nurse. These crazy high numbers for doctor caused deaths just do not pass the smell test. My wife has been a nurse for 6 years now, working critical care the whole time, having cared for thousands of patients. She has never had a patient die due to doctor caused reasons.

On a totally unrelated note, was it you that posted the picture of the DP-12 the other day? That thing was wicked cool!

Love this video of it!

But here are the facts from their findings
Medical mistakes that can lead to death range from surgical complications that go unrecognized to mix-ups with the doses or types of medications patients receive.
NOT DIAGNOSIS OF THE WRONG DISEASES.

Love this video of it!

Medical mistakes that can lead to death range from surgical complications that go unrecognized to mix-ups with the doses or types of medications patients receive.

The latest study on this by John Hopkins adds in wrong diagnoses under doctor caused deaths.

Mix-ups with the doses or types of medications patients receive would likely be on the nurse, which you said was a different stat.

Love this video of it!

The latest study on this by John Hopkins adds in wrong diagnoses under doctor caused deaths.

Mix-ups with the doses or types of medications patients receive would likely be on the nurse, which you said was a different stat.

Sorry, I just posted how the data was collected diagnosis of the wrong disease wasn't a factor.

Love this video of it!

Sorry, I just posted how the data was collected diagnosis of the wrong disease wasn't a factor.

Study Suggests Medical Errors Now Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. - 05/03/2016

What this piece is lacking is the statistic that represents how many doctors don't make errors. What is the success rate?

You can have two separate individuals receive the exact same education but not have the same real world results. Not everyone is the same.

What this piece is lacking is the statistic that represents how many doctors don't make errors. What is the success rate?

You can have two separate individuals receive the exact same education but not have the same real world results. Not everyone is the same.

Should we use that same data for guns?

How many gun owners do not shoot people unlawfully with their guns compared to those that do?

Love this video of it!

Study Suggests Medical Errors Now Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. - 05/03/2016

I read that

Love this video of it!

"Medical errors are an under-recognized cause of death".

Love this video of it!

I read that

Love this video of it!

At that time, it was under-recognized that diagnostic errors, medical mistakes and the absence of safety nets could result in someone’s death, and because of that, medical errors were unintentionally excluded from national health statistics,”

How many gun owners do not shoot people unlawfully with their guns compared to those that do?
sure thing over 10 million AR's in the hands of citizens and over 450 million firearms

sure thing over 10 million AR's in the hands of citizens and over 450 million firearms

Thanks, that was my point!

I read that

At that time, it was under-recognized that diagnostic errors, medical mistakes and the absence of safety nets could result in someone’s death, and because of that, medical errors were unintentionally excluded from national health statistics,”
these are just the ones that get filed some families don't or didn't recognize the death was due to doctor error
The number of medical malpractice suits filed each year in the United States tends to vary, but the overall trend is that they are on the rise. The average annual number of suits filed each year is about 85,000, with the actual number of medical injuries estimated to be about one million per year.
Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorneys - Medical Malpractice Stats

I read that

these are just the ones that get filed some families don't or didn't recognize the death was due to doctor error
The number of medical malpractice suits filed each year in the United States tends to vary, but the overall trend is that they are on the rise. The average annual number of suits filed each year is about 85,000, with the actual number of medical injuries estimated to be about one million per year.
Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorneys - Medical Malpractice Stats

An ambulance chasers website! :21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

I accept your surrender!

Forum List

Back