The real tyranny of the government regarding guns.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
The refusal of government to control crime forces citizens to prepare for their own defense, resulting in arms sales going through the roof. Threats of stringent gun control exacerbates these sales, and many of these guns are then stolen and fall into the hands of criminals.

Last edited:
The government has never been able to stop crime, never in the history of mankind have the police succeeded.

The government has never been able to stop crime, never in the history of mankind have the police succeeded.
That's why I used the term 'control'. There will always be crime, but does it have to be so wildly out of control?

The refusal of government to control crime forces citizens to prepare for their own defense, resulting in arms sales going through the roof. Threats of stringent gun control exacerbates these sales, and many of these guns are then stolen and fall into the hands of criminals.
not many.

300,000-600,000 is quite a few. :omg:
i don't doubt many guns are stolen.....from criminals too....killing off each other, taking the guns, and theft from law abiding citizens. Your source is bing...owned by google. I take anything they say with a YIUGE block of salt. From your source:

Keep in mind these numbers are coming from a yet unpublished source, and aside from a few graphs these websites offer no hard numbers. This doesn’t keep other anti-gun publications like The Atlantic from also writing up hit pieces on gun ownership (I am linking to these for posterity, but don’t give them your clicks unless you must).

i don't doubt many guns are stolen.....from criminals too....killing off each other, taking the guns, and theft from law abiding citizens. Your source is bing...owned by google. I take anything they say with a YIUGE block of salt. From your source:

Keep in mind these numbers are coming from a yet unpublished source, and aside from a few graphs these websites offer no hard numbers. This doesn’t keep other anti-gun publications like The Atlantic from also writing up hit pieces on gun ownership (I am linking to these for posterity, but don’t give them your clicks unless you must).
There are other sources. Here's one that says pretty much the same thing.

No matter how much you dream and wish for, a tyrannical US government isn't/won't happen. So you can calm down.

You're like a democrat on steroids over a nothingburger. Embarrassing.

No matter how much you dream and wish for, a tyrannical US government isn't/won't happen. So you can calm down.

We already have a tyrannical government i.e., two lifeguards arguing on the shore about how to save a drowning person. Neither will jump in unless the other capitulates. That someone is drowning isn't all that important to either.

I'm a conservative and that's my point of view (I'm also very calm). :)

Last edited:

I don't think anybody dreams of or wishes for a tyrannical gov't, but I wish I could be as sure as you are that it isn't possible. If the democrats ever regain the House and keep the WH and the Senate with enough votes to abolish the filibuster, things could go downhill very fast.

Forum List

Back