The reality of renewable energy

I appreciate that stress is taken into consideration during the extraction process ... obviously it hasn't for these secondary operations ... we should stop fracking until we've investigated, for exactly the same reasons we should stop building solar farms ... don't you agree? ... who pays for installing anchor bolts in the elderly widow woman's home in Odessa? ... I say the end-user of the natural gas, God forbid we cut corporate dividends ... just plain heartless and mean-spirited to stand there and watch the widow woman's home fall off it's foundation ... that's bad for the building, trust me on that point ...
Tell you what... you keep posting about that poor old widow woman's windows and I'll keep posting about the cooling effects of solar power. And between the two of us we will save the world.

Fine with me ... just remember which is God's work and which isn't ...

I think we can eventually stop using fossil fuels and I think we should.

But we need to embrace the only power source capable of providing emission free power 24/7/365 and that is nuclear.

If we put the money w have been pouring into wind and solar into designing and building the next generation of reactors we could actually replace all fossil fuel electric generation in a relatively short time.

If we just replaced existing electric generation we would cut emissions by 30%.
For production of electric power, huge reductions in the use of fossil fuels can be had if new nuclear plants are built. Those new plants are not required to be nearly as large the current ones we have...just more numerous and spread all across the nation. We already have ships and submarines with nuclear power plants small enough to fit within a city block of a small village.

Fossil fuels are required for a large number of products other than electric of heat energy. Here are a few...
View attachment 510120
Exactly

I'm all for nuclear power.

The old light water reactors are obsolete. We need new designs that can be built in a factory and shipped by rail to sites,

Smaller MSR reactors are easy to plug into the grid and will add redundancy and we already have enough nuclear waste in storage to fuel these reactors and power the entire country for at least a century

And I think we can come up with alternate synthetics that can replace fossil fuel byproducts in many if not most things

But we need to embrace the only power source capable of providing emission free power 24/7/365 and that is nuclear.

If we put the money w have been pouring into wind and solar into designing and building the next generation of reactors we could actually replace all fossil fuel electric generation in a relatively short time.

For production of electric power, huge reductions in the use of fossil fuels can be had if new nuclear plants are built. Those new plants are not required to be nearly as large the current ones we have...just more numerous and spread all across the nation. We already have ships and submarines with nuclear power plants small enough to fit within a city block of a small village.

Fossil fuels are required for a large number of products other than electric of heat energy. Here are a few...
View attachment 510120

Oh oh ... someone posted common sense ... we're in trouble now ... although I don't think golfballs and parachutes are high on the typical Indonesian's agenda ... but in 100 years, maybe today's American Middle Class will be the world's impoverished third-world shithole ...

By burning fossil fuels, we risk certain destruction ... if we run out of deodorant, we'll stop mating ... humans are total hypocrites saying skunks stink, and I'm told we taste worst than we smell, frankly, I find that hard to believe ... even condors have to wait a few days ...

In spite the waste problems ... plastics are incredibly useful ... touching every aspect of the human condition ... it would be a crying shame to run out ...

I appreciate that stress is taken into consideration during the extraction process ... obviously it hasn't for these secondary operations ... we should stop fracking until we've investigated, for exactly the same reasons we should stop building solar farms ... don't you agree? ... who pays for installing anchor bolts in the elderly widow woman's home in Odessa? ... I say the end-user of the natural gas, God forbid we cut corporate dividends ... just plain heartless and mean-spirited to stand there and watch the widow woman's home fall off it's foundation ... that's bad for the building, trust me on that point ...
Tell you what... you keep posting about that poor old widow woman's windows and I'll keep posting about the cooling effects of solar power. And between the two of us we will save the world.

Isn't technically everything indirectly God's work?

View attachment 510120

Oh oh ... someone posted common sense ... we're in trouble now ... although I don't think golfballs and parachutes are high on the typical Indonesian's agenda ... but in 100 years, maybe today's American Middle Class will be the world's impoverished third-world shithole ...

By burning fossil fuels, we risk certain destruction ... if we run out of deodorant, we'll stop mating ... humans are total hypocrites saying skunks stink, and I'm told we taste worst than we smell, frankly, I find that hard to believe ... even condors have to wait a few days ...

In spite the waste problems ... plastics are incredibly useful ... touching every aspect of the human condition ... it would be a crying shame to run out ...
Relax. We aren't running out anytime soon and even then there will always be some for our precious plastics.

The question is should we make the transition organically or should we force a square peg into a round hole because Chicken Little said the sky is falling.

Including sin, Hell and Satan.

Sure. Why not? And we can throw in you too.

The last thing we need is more immaculate conception stories.

Pretty sure there's no risk of that.

Like hell there isn't.

Like hell there isn't.
God didn't pay Mary 25 bucks.

Like hell there isn't.
He sent here three wise men to pay her off, it just took 9 months for them to travel to her after the paternity suit.

Like hell there isn't.
He sent here three wise men to pay her off, it just took 9 months for them to travel to her after the paternity suit.
That explains so much.

Like hell there isn't.
That explains so much.
It should since I rewrote the Bible to reflect a more modern tense.

Like hell there isn't.
That explains so much.
Actually I was thinking about your latest revelation and you being responsible for those kids deaths in OKC.

Like hell there isn't.
That explains so much.
Actually I was thinking about your latest revelation and you being responsible for those kids deaths in OKC.
That was more of God's work.

Like hell there isn't.
That explains so much.
That was more of God's work.
Funny how that works, huh. :rolleyes:

You sleep well at night with that thought?

Vices are expensive and detrimental to civilization. And the rub is that Progs will be the ones who eliminate or reduce vices in varying degrees one way or the other.

Vices are expensive and detrimental to civilization. And the rub is that Progs will be the ones who eliminate or reduce vices in varying degrees one way or the other.
I doubt the progs have anymore luck than the theist..

Forum List

Back