The Rebirth of Classical Music

Everyone is aware of Beethoven, Bach, Mozart etc and what era they lived. A spattering of lasting works since then, but now…..

The movie industry has created a new era for classical music with movie scores. Some of the best classical music ever has been written over the past five decades.

Search online for the best classical songs played on piano. Absolutely astonishing what these men produced. There is one which the person plays the top 10 most difficult songs and I am floored that someone could be so coordinated.

There are some classical songs that have never been played again since originally produced because they go on for many hours. One song! There are some composers who tried to create the longest songs possible.

Last edited:
Everyone is aware of Beethoven, Bach, Mozart etc and what era they lived. A spattering of lasting works since then, but now…..

The movie industry has created a new era for classical music with movie scores. Some of the best classical music ever has been written over the past five decades.

I may have a hard time classifying them as 'classical' but I understand what you're saying here. I have several movies that I put on over and over, sometimes only casually watching the film while I'm doing other stuff, but just enjoying the soundtrack. Some examples off the top of my head:
"Out of Africa"
"Top Gun" (the original movie)
"Flashdance"
"In the Heat of the Night" (the one with Sydney Portier and Rod Steiger)
"Starwars A New Hope" (the first of the original trilogy)
"Harry Potter" movies, usually the first one
"The Sound of Music"
"The King and I" (the one with Yul Brynner)
"Shall We Dance"
"Ghost"
and several others

Forum List

Back