The Real Reason Why Music Is Getting Worse

Most all of published songs are pitch corrected which takes out all the vibe. Slightly sharp or flat notes lend expression and emotion to sung lyrics. It all sounds too processed.

Lyrics now.

From a ‘top lyrics of all time’

“I like my baby hair, with baby hair and afros/ I like my negro nose with Jackson Five nostrils/ Earned all this money but they never take the country out me/ I got a hot sauce in my bag, swag.”

He makes some good points.

"... you pretty much have sterile, generic, quantized rock music that has no vibe at all."

You may have a few ideas too, but bottom line is music sucks these days. Up until the past couple of decades I’ve loved and at least respected all styles of music. Classical, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Enya, I love many styles. I play piano, banjo and trumpet. I love the diversity in music.

But it’s all crap now. Even the Christian music that was my go-to for years. Boring crap.

If like live music, check out the Tedeschi Trucks Band if they are ever near you

Lyrics now.

From a ‘top lyrics of all time’

“I like my baby hair, with baby hair and afros/ I like my negro nose with Jackson Five nostrils/ Earned all this money but they never take the country out me/ I got a hot sauce in my bag, swag.”
I got not need for holy rollers but they can wash my feet

-from Austin Texas very own Spoon

Nice slide work on that Gibson LPJ.
Unbelievable. We've seen them two dozen times - awesome live shows. His uncle was Butch Trucks and he grew up with an was with the Allman Brothers Band for years.

They just played this when I saw them last week:

Forum List

Back