The Real Reason Why Music Is Getting Worse

He makes some good points.

"... you pretty much have sterile, generic, quantized rock music that has no vibe at all."

You may have a few ideas too, but bottom line is music sucks these days. Up until the past couple of decades I’ve loved and at least respected all styles of music. Classical, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Enya, I love many styles. I play piano, banjo and trumpet. I love the diversity in music.

But it’s all crap now. Even the Christian music that was my go-to for years. Boring crap.

In the early 70's the music started to pull away in a different/softer direction then the latter 60's druggie/rebellion music. I still like the tune below.

Name 3 songs from 5-10 years ago without looking it up.
2018-"Famous", "Yoda Lady Who", and "The Way I See It" which are all done by my newest favorite singer Mason Ramsey. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Two new songs from him will be released this Friday named "All The Way To Memphis" and "How Do I Know If I'm In Love?" Go here for all that is available so far. :) :) :)

2018-"Famous", "Yoda Lady Who", and "The Way I See It" which are all done by my newest favorite singer Mason Ramsey. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Two new songs from him will be released this Friday named "All The Way To Memphis" and "How Do I Know If I'm In Love?" Go here for all that is available so far. :) :) :)
There’s a few post 1980’s I own. But who’s the Stones, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac’s of the 2,000’s? Everyone are just cookie cutter retreads of boring irrelevancy that are forgotten 2 months after their ‘hit’.

Another reason music sucks these days- it doesn’t add up.
Music is mathematics. Every note, rhythm, and chord in music can be expressed and understood through mathematical concepts. Just as equations and formulas govern the laws of the universe, mathematics governs the structure and organization of music. Your subconscious is following the math and in good songs you follow the math along. Most of the stuff now is Yoko Ono math of trying to tell you 1+1=5, and your subconscious picks that up and rejects it. At least in people with normal brains anyway.

He makes some good points.

"... you pretty much have sterile, generic, quantized rock music that has no vibe at all."

You may have a few ideas too, but bottom line is music sucks these days. Up until the past couple of decades I’ve loved and at least respected all styles of music. Classical, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Enya, I love many styles. I play piano, banjo and trumpet. I love the diversity in music.

But it’s all crap now. Even the Christian music that was my go-to for years. Boring crap.

My husband is a musician who plays several instruments, mostly guitar, keyboard.
My mother was great pianist, could go from Johann to Jerry Lee in an instant, She could stand fingers flying and feet pumping pedals. Loved all kinds of music. She was born in the 1920s.

My husband is a musician who plays several instruments, mostly guitar, keyboard.
My mother was great pianist, could go from Johann to Jerry Lee in an instant, She could stand fingers flying and feet pumping pedals. Loved all kinds of music. She was born in the 1920s.

Is the bit about starting the piano on fire historically true?

Is the bit about starting the piano on fire historically true?

Yes it is true ,far as Jerry goes anyway, mama couldn't afford to burn piano's though, so she never went that far. But she could perform being a nightclub entertainer in the 1940s. Then she got married and settled down and had us kids. But she never stopped playing and 'performing' for us.

there are more old people than young people...
Majority of Americans are 30-34.

1719518763128.png

I don’t oppose new music. I oppose the regurgitation coming out today.

A friend started a band awhile ago and was the lead singer. Young, but a good original sound.

there are more old people than young people...

That may be true but most of us old people don't listen to music much., of course some like me do all the time.
I went to a senior community center here in my little rural town.
I ask them if they had dances, they looked at me like I was kidding.
No wonder they all looked so tired. Use it or lose it is my motto. If I sit too much, I get depressed.
I do understand some people are not able,but most just don't want to.

Majority of Americans are 30-34.

View attachment 968286

I don’t oppose new music. I oppose the regurgitation coming out today.

A friend started a band awhile ago and was the lead singer. Young, but a good original sound.

I worry about the youth. I feel so bad for them and what they have been left with.We should have protected their future more.

You see these 70 year old or older performers like Billy Joel and the Rolling Stones running around selling out venues to perform.

I can't imagine seeing Brittney Spears, for example, doing the same at 70.

Yea, the music today sucks.

I like some of todays music. All types and styles, My dog'Foxy' turned me onto Funk a couple years ago, Uptown Funk that is. I also like Jewel.

Forum List

Back