The recurring problems with Syria

The "girls" are no longer sitting around the table chatting with BO about how to de-nut the white man. Real Generals and Military analysts are making the decisions now. No more vallery finestien hillary rice powers michelle boxer etc.

upload_2017-4-7_10-10-24.png

If we play empire builder again, in 5 or 10 years, people on a forum somewhere will be arguing over whether to intervene or not in the massive conflict that sprung up in the aftermath of our intervention here. How do I know? Because that's exactly what's been happening for 70+ years of intervening over there.
So you do want to turn you head.

Let me first state that Assad is probably no longer in charge in Syria and just as probably, the country is run by a military junta closely aligned and propped up by Putin.

Secondly, lets us all bear in mind that Al-Assad is now faced with 3 choices; first, killed by revolutionaries like Qaddafi; second, facing a trial in The Hague; and third, requesting exile in Russia or Iran....Bottom line, is that now he has nothing left to lose and a cornered despot spells danger for the common Syrian citizen.

However, the MOST troublesome aspect that we now face (and by now I mean the entire planet) is that when (no longer if) Assad is no longer, WHO WILL RUN THAT COUNTRY?

The ultimate winners on this latest development may indeed be both ISIS and the remnants of Al-Qaeda. Turkey cannot be happy, Israel may face even a more dangerous neighbor, Jordan is also in serious trouble; Iraq is in an equally perilous circumstance (let us remember who and what we got after Saddam.)

We just spent over $40 million to partially destroy a Syrian air base just to inflate Trump's ego; but the problem with Syria have just gotten worse.
This is why we need to completely pull out of the Middle East
We also need the ME out of our country.
Dumb comment, but the best way to achieve that is to stop wrecking everything in the Middle East. The cycle needs to be broken.

The cycle is Islamic, a relentless, retrograde, supremacist, violent culture. They have been fucking over the ME for 1400 years.

Let me first state that Assad is probably no longer in charge in Syria and just as probably, the country is run by a military junta closely aligned and propped up by Putin.

Secondly, lets us all bear in mind that Al-Assad is now faced with 3 choices; first, killed by revolutionaries like Qaddafi; second, facing a trial in The Hague; and third, requesting exile in Russia or Iran....Bottom line, is that now he has nothing left to lose and a cornered despot spells danger for the common Syrian citizen.

However, the MOST troublesome aspect that we now face (and by now I mean the entire planet) is that when (no longer if) Assad is no longer, WHO WILL RUN THAT COUNTRY?

The ultimate winners on this latest development may indeed be both ISIS and the remnants of Al-Qaeda. Turkey cannot be happy, Israel may face even a more dangerous neighbor, Jordan is also in serious trouble; Iraq is in an equally perilous circumstance (let us remember who and what we got after Saddam.)

We just spent over $40 million to partially destroy a Syrian air base just to inflate Trump's ego; but the problem with Syria have just gotten worse.

The biggest threat to the Syrian citizen is Islam. Islam is the biggest threat in the world. Who do you think would be killing in a relentless pattern besides Islam? Who? Islam blocks any possibility of world peace.
You do realize that 90% of Syrians and Muslim?

That is my point, bonehead.

The biggest threat to the Syrian citizen is Islam. Islam is the biggest threat in the world. Who do you think would be killing in a relentless pattern besides Islam? Who? Islam blocks any possibility of world peace.

Maybe they can convert then, asshole

Maybe they can convert then, asshole

Convert who? Are you really this stupid, or are you playing?

Assad was framed . The gas attack makes no sense
The Syrian Government is saying they bombed a building and the chemical weapons were inside the building. Probably put there by the rebels. But it's time for Assad to stop killing his own innocent citizens. Whether he uses gas or bullets. Enough is enough. And Putin needs to stop protecting a war criminal. It was a good strike by Trump. It shows guts and it shows America will once again stand for what is right. So much for the Trump and Putin BS news stories. And that fat turd in N Korea will take notice as well.
I hate to say it but I'm inclined to believe the Assad regime. Think about it, what possible benefit could the Assad regime have gained from such an attack? Was this a strategically important target? I certainly don't know but from most reports this hit in some neighborhood some here. The strategic target of this attack, which was certain to stir up international reprisals, was to kill some civilians? Personally, I don't think Assad is THAT stupid.

Something just isn't right about this.

The Syrian Government is saying they bombed a building and the chemical weapons were inside the building. Probably put there by the rebels. But it's time for Assad to stop killing his own innocent citizens. Whether he uses gas or bullets. Enough is enough. And Putin needs to stop protecting a war criminal. It was a good strike by Trump. It shows guts and it shows America will once again stand for what is right. So much for the Trump and Putin BS news stories. And that fat turd in N Korea will take notice as well.
I hate to say it but I'm inclined to believe the Assad regime. Think about it, what possible benefit could the Assad regime have gained from such an attack? Was this a strategically important target? I certainly don't know but from most reports this hit in some neighborhood some here. The strategic target of this attack, which was certain to stir up international reprisals, was to kill some civilians? Personally, I don't think Assad is THAT stupid.

I hear ya... One of the tactics the rebels and Muslim's in general do in war is to hide weapons in hospitals place children in ammo dumps so I wouldn't be surprised to read some day that that is what happened here. Rebels placed chems in a building they knew the government was going to hit. But I still like the airstrike that Trump ordered. It was over due, Assad kills civilians, he bombs without concern for women and children and for that a good slap in the face was a good thing.

I hear ya... One of the tactics the rebels and Muslim's in general do in war is to hide weapons in hospitals place children in ammo dumps so I wouldn't be surprised to read some day that that is what happened here. Rebels placed chems in a building they knew the government was going to hit. But I still like the airstrike that Trump ordered. It was over due, Assad kills civilians, he bombs without concern for women and children and for that a good slap in the face was a good thing.
Sadly, at the end of the day I don't see what it accomplishes. I have the same feelings about Assad, but the other alternatives? Al Nusra? The moderates, oh wait that is Al Nusra. This whole mess is another proxy war between the west and Russia. The Syrians just happen to be caught in the middle. The only thing that scares me more than Assad maintaining power is Assad falling.

Sadly, at the end of the day I don't see what it accomplishes. I have the same feelings about Assad, but the other alternatives? Al Nusra? The moderates, oh wait that is Al Nusra. This whole mess is another proxy war between the west and Russia. The Syrians just happen to be caught in the middle. The only thing that scares me more than Assad maintaining power is Assad falling.
You may be right.

Forum List

Back