The Role of America’s Military

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
A clear dichotomy between left and right in this matter. One feels we should withdraw all military forces from elsewhere in the world and those who hold that we should. I’m not exactly certain where Brookings stands in the political spectrum, but reading this shows to me a balanced view of the pros and cons of the arguments.

The full essay can be read and viewed @ Highlights from a debate on the role of America’s military

The Role of America’s Military
badge.aspx

The World Police...

A clear dichotomy between left and right in this matter. One feels we should withdraw all military forces from elsewhere in the world and those who hold that we should. I’m not exactly certain where Brookings stands in the political spectrum, but reading this shows to me a balanced view of the pros and cons of the arguments.

Libertarians have been calling for the withdrawal of American forces for years.

Personally- as a liberal- I think that we should have our military positioned where we need them- and not where we don't.

The US has no choice.

In the struggle between the powerful and the weak, to not take sides doesn't mean you remain neutral, it means you side with the powerful.
- Paulo Friere -

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”
- Dante Alighieri -

Last edited:

Forum List

Back