The “Roseanne” show vs. The "Conners show.

Firing Roseanne Barr from the “Roseanne” show and expecting for the new show to be a success as they are trying to do with the “Connors” show, is like shooting yourself in the foot and then expecting to win Dancing With The Stars...… Me? I never liked Rosanne Barr. What pissed me off was that controlling left. Same thing with Paula Deen. Or Bill Cosby. People are flawed and ya know and ya know...

Not really. The show might have done very well with the very talented cast they had left.

And it wasn't the "Controlling left" that was the problem here. The problem is when you have television based on SPONSORSHIP, you don't want your major star to be a fucking racist asshole.

Bill Cosby got in trouble because he drugged and raped women, by the way. Kind of bad for all his co-stars who were forced to work at Trader Joe's because the residuals stopped coming in... but what are you going to do?

It's ok. ABC canned Last Man Standing because Tim Allen is pro Trump even though it was the highest rated TV show on Friday night.. Fox picked it up and now it's ratings are through the roof.
`
5 reasons ABC might have canceled the Tim Allen comedy Last Man Standing
1) It’s old
2) The people who watch the show are also aging
3) ABC doesn’t own the series
4) ABC is running out of room in its primetime lineup
5) Okay, maybe the politics stuff a little bit;

"To be clear, I’m not saying that ABC’s executives walked into a boardroom and said, “We’ve got to get rid of our conservative-skewing sitcom!” They probably looked at how much Last Man Standing costs, its aging audience, its ownership, and their network’s upcoming schedule and realized it didn’t make a ton of sense to renew the show for another season, even if that season was planned as one last go-round. And Hollywood has a long history of supporting stars who say controversial things — even controversial conservative things — if those stars continue to make money for their studios and networks."
`

Roseanne Barr’s fans made it perfectly clear that they are NOT going to support the spinoff “Conners” show, and they succeeded, it was announced today they only one more show will be filmed for production, as the ratings dropped 25 percent. .

They really screwed themselves canceling Roseanne Barr, I guess that they didn’t realize that she and she alone made the difference, and when they fired her the Republican views just boycotted the show.
Firing Roseanne Barr from the “Roseanne” show and expecting for the new show to be a success as they are trying to do with the “Connors” show, is like shooting yourself in the foot and then expecting to win Dancing With The Stars......Its just not going to happen

Winning the ratings doesn't do any good if no one wants their commercials on your show because your star is a racist who says stupid shit.

I give ABC Credit for wanting to give the rest of the cast a chance to carry the show. It certainly isn't their fault that Rosanne made her own brand name toxic, again.

Where I fault ABC is that the KNEW what Rosanne is. That's why she got cancelled 20 years ago, because her whacky antics alienated her audience. Did they just forget about that?
So is Hillary a racist for saying blacks look the same?

It's ok. ABC canned Last Man Standing because Tim Allen is pro Trump even though it was the highest rated TV show on Friday night.. Fox picked it up and now it's ratings are through the roof.
`
1) It’s old

"To be clear, I’m not saying that ABC’s executives walked into a boardroom and said, “We’ve got to get rid of our conservative-skewing sitcom!” They probably looked at how much Last Man Standing costs, its aging audience, its ownership, and their network’s upcoming schedule and realized it didn’t make a ton of sense to renew the show for another season, even if that season was planned as one last go-round. And Hollywood has a long history of supporting stars who say controversial things — even controversial conservative things — if those stars continue to make money for their studios and networks."
`

ABC canned the show because they didn't like Tim Allen. Last Man Standing has only been on a few years, 6 seasons with high ratings. The original contract said to run the show for 8 years. A show with high ratings for 6 years doesn't get canned 2 years earlier than their contract because "their audience is getting older." That's one of the dumbest things I've read today. So their audience is only 6 years older than they were the first day the show was broadcast. Nobody cares if their audience is "getting old." If more people are watching it than any other show on Friday night, they don't care if their audience is 105. The ratings will get the income from the advertisers. Baby boomers are retiring by the tens of thousands every day. There are tens of millions of the "getting old" folks who could be in their audience. The fact is their ratings were through the roof and they canned the show. If you're running out of room in your primetime lineup, you can the LOWEST rated shows first, not the HIGHEST you moron. Even the fucking cast of the show had no idea it was coming. If they were canned because of any of the first 4 reasons you listed, the cast would have been aware ahead of time.

So keep telling yourself they canned LMS for any other reason than they didn't like a pro-Trump anti-Obama main character on the show. Why have they kept the reason a secret? If they canned the show because of the cost of production, why not say that? Why keep the reason a secret? I'll tell you why. Because saying they cancelled it because they hate Trump and the main character didn't wouldn't fly too well in the heart of America right now, with the audience that show brought in.

Please list the shows that ABC has canned recently where the main character was a flippant liberal with an outspoken pro-Obama and anti-Trump stance.

Last edited:
Didn’t watch either show

Never cared for the family

`
1) It’s old

`

ABC canned the show because they didn't like Tim Allen. Last Man Standing has only been on a few years, 6 seasons with high ratings. So their audience is only 6 years older than they were the first day the show was broadcast. Nobody cares if their audience is "getting old." If more people are watching it than any other show on Friday night, they don't care if their audience is 105. The ratings will get the income from the advertisers. Baby boomers are retiring by the tens of thousands every day. There are tens of millions of the "getting old" folks who could be in their audience. The fact is their ratings were through the roof and they canned the show. If you're running out of room in your primetime lineup, you can the LOWEST rated shows first, not the HIGHEST you moron. Even the fucking cast of the show had no idea it was coming. If they were canned because of any of the first 4 reasons you listed, the cast would have been aware ahead of time.

So keep telling yourself they canned LMS for any other reason than they didn't like a pro-Trump anti-Obama main character on the show. Why have they kept the reason a secret? If they canned the show because of the cost of production, why not say that? Why keep the reason a secret? I'll tell you why. Because saying they cancelled it because they hate Trump and the main character didn't wouldn't fly too well in the heart of America right now, with the audience that show brought in.

Please list the shows that ABC has canned recently where the main character was a flippant liberal with an outspoken pro-Obama and anti-Trump stance.
Longmire was the highest rated show in its timeslot. It was cancelled simply because the network despised the show's fans. They were too old. And perhaps too white as well.

Didn’t watch either show

Never cared for the family

Yea they were hard working white people who didn't like Obama and hated govt run healthcare. The guy even worked at a store that sold guns.

I can definitely see why that wouldn't be your can of beans.

`
1) It’s old

`

ABC canned the show because they didn't like Tim Allen. Last Man Standing has only been on a few years, 6 seasons with high ratings. So their audience is only 6 years older than they were the first day the show was broadcast. Nobody cares if their audience is "getting old." If more people are watching it than any other show on Friday night, they don't care if their audience is 105. The ratings will get the income from the advertisers. Baby boomers are retiring by the tens of thousands every day. There are tens of millions of the "getting old" folks who could be in their audience. The fact is their ratings were through the roof and they canned the show. If you're running out of room in your primetime lineup, you can the LOWEST rated shows first, not the HIGHEST you moron. Even the fucking cast of the show had no idea it was coming. If they were canned because of any of the first 4 reasons you listed, the cast would have been aware ahead of time.

Longmire was the highest rated show in its timeslot. It was cancelled simply because the network despised the show's fans. They were too old. And perhaps too white as well.

Longmire was on A&E, not ABC. And it wasn't a political show, there was no real politics spoken about on the show. LMS they ALWAYS bashed Obama.

Roseanne Barr’s fans made it perfectly clear that they are NOT going to support the spinoff “Conners” show, and they succeeded, it was announced today they only one more show will be filmed for production, as the ratings dropped 25 percent. .

They really screwed themselves canceling Roseanne Barr, I guess that they didn’t realize that she and she alone made the difference, and when they fired her the Republican views just boycotted the show.
Firing Roseanne Barr from the “Roseanne” show and expecting for the new show to be a success as they are trying to do with the “Connors” show, is like shooting yourself in the foot and then expecting to win Dancing With The Stars......Its just not going to happen
Crazy or not, she made the show.

Winning the ratings doesn't do any good if no one wants their commercials on your show because your star is a racist who says stupid shit.

I give ABC Credit for wanting to give the rest of the cast a chance to carry the show. It certainly isn't their fault that Rosanne made her own brand name toxic, again.

Where I fault ABC is that the KNEW what Rosanne is. That's why she got cancelled 20 years ago, because her whacky antics alienated her audience. Did they just forget about that?
So is Hillary a racist for saying blacks look the same?

Of course, what else would you call it!

While the original Roseanne had its share of moments, I never liked the flare of misandry on it; with the exception of John Goodman (& occasional appearances by the underrated Martin Mull), ever male character was a stupid, unlikeable, one-dimensional, horribly-acted stereotype. Especially the godawful junkie-mick Glenn Quinn, who had to mumble his lines because he didn't have the talent to fake an American accent. Or the original pussified, insipid, sniveling little soy-boy Johnny Galecki (anyone reading this post has more acting talent than that goof).

^^^ They killed Dan first and he was eventually written back in.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Agreed. I only started watching Roseanne last winter, but after ABC cancels The Connors, I hope Fox or somebody picks it up like Last Man Standing, and puts Roseanne back into it as should be and the show goes on to be a smash hit. Bigger than before. There is always a way to write her back into the show, even if only to spite the buttholes at ABC and to show once and for all that the conservative middle class remains the great, underestimated majority in this country.

ITMT, if nothing else, I'm sure Roseanne is getting a much needed hoot out of The Connor's failure. The People have spoken.

^^^ They killed Dan first and he was eventually written back in.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Agreed. I only started watching Roseanne last winter, but after ABC cancels The Connors, I hope Fox or somebody picks it up like Last Man Standing, and puts Roseanne back into it as should be and the show goes on to be a smash hit. Bigger than before. There is always a way to write her back into the show, even if only to spite the buttholes at ABC and to show once and for all that the conservative middle class remains the great, underestimated majority in this country.

ITMT, if nothing else, I'm sure Roseanne is getting a much needed hoot out of The Connor's failure. The People have spoken.

I certainly hope you're right about this, it would be satisfying.

Roseanne WHO?

Forum List

Back