🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Secular Jew Who Transformed Judaism

There's a major issue with this...
I like Spinoza but remember his family was forced into Christianity as was his culture, so his view is based on having their precepts of common terms, but are not commonly defined. In other words he's been tainted so unless you can ask him to clearify thoughts and define concepts to find the errors in his logic of his view of Judaism then this has to be understood in context of his not being knowledgable enough about the religion he was revisiting through heritage.

From what I remember about him, he eventually came to be liken to a Jewish Naturalist or humsnist which is bssically the early sages intent when describingcan essence not a form thus never to speak a name because intangibles have descriptions not names and setting a name creates a figure from said name instead if the meaning of the word used to describe that Essence of life.

He was excommunicated. He never became a Christian. He was raised Jewish.

his community in Portugal faced forced conversion to
Christianity------no doubt that fact did have some impact
on his MIND

Not enough to dismiss him as "tainted". That would have been his parents community, they died when he was quite young and he was raised Jewish-not Christian. One cannot say that if that would never have happened then he would have remained obedient and unquestioning. He was just as inquisitive as his contemporaries.

did I suggest he was "tainted"------the circumstances of his life
had an EFFECT on his mindset------that's all LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. The experiences of his GREAT GRANDPARENTS in Portugal-----impacted on him---assuming he was brought up by ANY of his own relatives.
Your great grandma------especially on the maternal side----
impacted on just how you were nurtured as an infant
Check out the writings of developemental psychologists
like ERIKSON

No. You did not but you did jump right into a conversation. Didn't you? And since that was what I was responding to when you jumped in it would make sense. I'm aware of Erikson.

There's a major issue with this...
I like Spinoza but remember his family was forced into Christianity as was his culture, so his view is based on having their precepts of common terms, but are not commonly defined. In other words he's been tainted so unless you can ask him to clearify thoughts and define concepts to find the errors in his logic of his view of Judaism then this has to be understood in context of his not being knowledgable enough about the religion he was revisiting through heritage.

From what I remember about him, he eventually came to be liken to a Jewish Naturalist or humsnist which is bssically the early sages intent when describingcan essence not a form thus never to speak a name because intangibles have descriptions not names and setting a name creates a figure from said name instead if the meaning of the word used to describe that Essence of life.

on his MIND

Not enough to dismiss him as "tainted". That would have been his parents community, they died when he was quite young and he was raised Jewish-not Christian. One cannot say that if that would never have happened then he would have remained obedient and unquestioning. He was just as inquisitive as his contemporaries.

had an EFFECT on his mindset------that's all LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. The experiences of his GREAT GRANDPARENTS in Portugal-----impacted on him---assuming he was brought up by ANY of his own relatives.
like ERIKSON

No. You did not but you did jump right into a conversation. Didn't you? And since that was what I was responding to when you jumped in it would make sense. I'm aware of Erikson.

someone said Spinoza was "tainted" ? ?? I missed it

on his MIND

like ERIKSON

someone said Spinoza was "tainted" ? ?? I missed it

HaShev in post #2.

It is one thing to be influenced by the times. It's another to use those times to dismiss him for the holes in his logic without pointing out the holes---just the times.

Did that even make sense? Coffee is calling.

Forum List

Back