The Staggering Amounts Americans Pay To Kill Exotic Animals

The killing of Cecil in early July has ignited a global conversation about trophy hunting, American trophy hunters and the fragility of wildlife. We at The Dodo decided to spend some time gathering data not just on Africa's lions, but on the number of wolves killed in Wisconsin, the number of hippopotamus trophies imported into the U.S., the amount of money a trophy hunter will pay for a mountain lion hunt in Wyoming ... and more. Read on for alarming numbers about the world of trophy hunting.

More: The Staggering Amounts Americans Pay To Kill Exotic Animals

I don't call them hunters. I call them thrill killers.
Fuck you Injun. When you have money....you can do as you please........as in kill what ever yu want.In the name of George Armstrong Custer, the 'Trail of Tears' should continue with you worthless government tit suckers.

Injun? Damn, I bet you really admire racists like Andrew Jackson and Nathan Bedford Forrest. You probably really miss the good ole days when one could slaughter buffalo from a moving train just for them to rot in the sun. Wow, what a sport.
wasn't done for sport , buff were killed for the skins and to starve the 'Indians' plus some meat and probably some Trophies, blankets , rugs . 45.70 took most of the 'buffalo' I think . Course , Indians would stampede herds so they could be directed to run off high cliffs for efficient slaughter Lakhota.

Wasn't done for sport? Damn, you really need to do at least some basic research. Start with Wiki.

Bison hunting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
they cut Cecil's head off so the rest could be given to the Zimbabweans to eat. So that wasn't just for sport

Link please?

Hunters, because of their money, are an indispensable part of conservation related to wild animals and land use that benefits them. Land can kept aside for wild animals and plants or it can be used for crops, domestic animals, or houses, businesses, or other human use which rarely leaves the space needed for most animals The money they spend for licenses tags etc. pays to keep the land set aside for wildlife and taxes on guns, ammo, and fishing equipment pays the salaries and expenses of the biologists who determine what animals need to be taken and for any changes that need to be made for greater benefit to the environment. Yes, the money hunters pay into the system benefits deer and other huntable game but it also benefits all animals that need a the wild place for a home.

Last edited:
The killing of Cecil in early July has ignited a global conversation about trophy hunting, American trophy hunters and the fragility of wildlife. We at The Dodo decided to spend some time gathering data not just on Africa's lions, but on the number of wolves killed in Wisconsin, the number of hippopotamus trophies imported into the U.S., the amount of money a trophy hunter will pay for a mountain lion hunt in Wyoming ... and more. Read on for alarming numbers about the world of trophy hunting.

More: The Staggering Amounts Americans Pay To Kill Exotic Animals

I don't call them hunters. I call them thrill killers.
Sounds like a business opportunity to me.
Lets create lion farms so hunters will always have something to kill and they don't go extinct. Make Hunting pay for breeding more hunted.

Forum List

Back