The story is a bit long, but this is the Texas I remember growing up in...

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
The Texas of today is completely opposite of the Texas I remember growing up in.
Although Texas has changed for the worst, there are still REAL Texans, like this man, who still make it worthwhile living here.

This story is a perfect example of how people were when I was growing up.

After Paying for Stranger’s Groceries, The Next Day At Work...{37646455338}&utm_medium=422724964_AOL_PORTAL&utm_term=c_aol.com#26

Why could you not elaborate on what a real Texan is like? My old Papa was a sodbuster from Texas, born in 1897 his mother died when he was seven as did his brother from Tuberculosis..He worked the farm and watched as horses were treated better than farm hands because they were more valuable.

Liberal Yankee/left coast transplants are the bane of any traditional values state......Thing is it's the local/state gop slags that allow the build-outs for it to happen turning red counties blue and by and by red states purple, then blue.

Then you have to fight tem tooth and nail to even maintain a stalemate. Virginia is a cautionary tale in that regard.

We moved to Texas once when I was a kid. I was in a fair number of scraps growing up but every time I ever got sucker punched it was in Texas. Any explanation why they just punch people out of the blue?

When I was growing up, I remember the trashmen used to get paid with bottles of T-Bird.

There are good people everywhere, not just in Texas and not just in America either. And it's irrespective of their politics too, good people may have different POVs on anything and still be kind and considerate. We should not paint everyone in a specific group or tribe with the same broad brush as good or not so good.

Re the Texas you grew up in vs today, times change and we as a nation are far more divided than we used to be and we see it in every city and state. Sometimes it's tough to maintain our character and composure, maybe that is the greatest challenge we face these days.

We moved to Texas once when I was a kid. I was in a fair number of scraps growing up but every time I ever got sucker punched it was in Texas. Any explanation why they just punch people out of the blue?
Black, white, or Hispanic sucker punchers?

The Texas of today is completely opposite of the Texas I remember growing up in.
Although Texas has changed for the worst, there are still REAL Texans, like this man, who still make it worthwhile living here.

After Paying for Stranger’s Groceries, The Next Day At Work...{37646455338}&utm_medium=422724964_AOL_PORTAL&utm_term=c_aol.com#26
My Texas Mother used to tell me of a story of my grandfather getting in trouble with my grandmother way back when......He had given a freezing bum the shirt literally off his back. My grandmother always made sure that my grandfather didn't have any extra cash on him---but what he did have to help was his own shirt. My grandmother was still mad at him though. Times do change..its unfortunate at times.

That Texas still exists but you mainly see it out in the country.

All of them. Did they watch too many cowboy movies or something? Crappy place. Everyone was mean.

Bullshit.
Texas is one of the most friendly states in the country.
We're actually known for our hospitality.
You're just a bitter lefty who takes every chance he can get to bash conservatives.

Bullshit.
Texas is one of the most friendly states in the country.
We're actually known for our hospitality.
You're just a bitter lefty who takes every chance he can get to bash conservatives.
Nope, Texas has a mean streak they seem to be quite proud of.

"Once you stop hearing 'Sir' and 'Ma'am', the rest is soon to follow"

-- Sheriff Ed Tom Bell

ed-tom-bell-no-country-for-old-men.png

Forum List

Back