The Tale Of The Cesium Sandman - Soon We All Sleep Forever...

NumburrOne

Dec 31, 2013
:eek:
Now You can Prepare...
The Lab Results are in...

Estimation of Cesium in Sand and Soil Samples in the United States, 2012-2013
May 21, 2014

oil and sand samples were obtained between April 2012 and December of 2013 from a broad spectrum of areas ranging from almost every region in the continental United States. Each sample upon collection and/or receipt was placed in a standardized jar, labeled, weighed, tested with an Inspector Geiger counter and sealed. The samples were then stored for at least 3 weeks prior to testing with an NaI(Tl) scintillator and a GS1100A multichannel analyizer to determine the presence of radiation through gamma spectroscopy. The scintillator was calibrated with a cesium-137 NIST standardized checksource and a cobalt-60 checksource, then 48 samples were tested for 8 hours each with regular background tests performed between December 2013 and January 2014

Results: Twenty-two (22) of forty-eight (48) samples yielded statistically significant detections for Cesium-137. Of those, six (6) yielded statistically significant detections for Cesium-134. Considering sample collection and testing dates with respect to the Fukushima Diachii NPP multiple meltdowns of March 11, 2011, those detections are strongly indicated as resulting from the same due to atmospheric deposition.

http://eagerlabassistants.com/

Last edited:
There's a bit of a difference between "statistically significant" and "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!".

After all the atmospheric nuclear weapons tests, the world was covered with a lot more of radioactive everything. And it still didn't end.

There's a bit of a difference between "statistically significant" and "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!".

After all the atmospheric nuclear weapons tests, the world was covered with a lot more of radioactive everything. And it still didn't end.

Then I guess you don't mind your child making sandcastles...
Now one knows what lies ahead of statistically significant...
unless you care to offer a warranty on life in this condition...
I'd be buying one if you are...
:D

Then I guess you don't mind your child making sandcastles...

Not in the least.

Don't let kids end up like this, damaged not by radiation, but by their parents' fear of it.

Japan parents near Fukushima nuclear disaster still too scared to let kids play outside - CBS News
---
Well-founded or not, the perceived radiation threat continues to haunt many parents here, and that has manifested itself in a disturbing health trend; while Japanese kids generally are slim, in Fukushima, kids are getting fatter.

"Since the nuclear accident, parents are shuttling their kids to school instead of letting them walk, and not allowing them to play outside," an official with the prefecture's education and health department told the Sankei newspaper. "And kids are also dealing with stress by overeating."
---

you have to be kidding right...
geez...
don't fear radiation...
lets just disregard the facts to overcome a manifestation of a manifestation...
no one fears anything, we just know enough to understand the underlying problem...
when our homes were full of lead, we enacted a law...
when our air was contaminated in the workplace with asbestos we enacted a law...
and we removed both of these...
was that a manifestation of fear...
so when our beaches have significant levels of radiation...
what do we do....
maybe you see my point here...
many manifested fear not to re act for 40 years when they knew these things and even radon in the home was bad...

Last edited:

Well except when it comes to Manmade global warming, right?

Now You can Prepare...

May 21, 2014

oil and sand samples were obtained between April 2012 and December of 2013 from a broad spectrum of areas ranging from almost every region in the continental United States. Each sample upon collection and/or receipt was placed in a standardized jar, labeled, weighed, tested with an Inspector Geiger counter and sealed. The samples were then stored for at least 3 weeks prior to testing with an NaI(Tl) scintillator and a GS1100A multichannel analyizer to determine the presence of radiation through gamma spectroscopy. The scintillator was calibrated with a cesium-137 NIST standardized checksource and a cobalt-60 checksource, then 48 samples were tested for 8 hours each with regular background tests performed between December 2013 and January 2014

Results: Twenty-two (22) of forty-eight (48) samples yielded statistically significant detections for Cesium-137. Of those, six (6) yielded statistically significant detections for Cesium-134. Considering sample collection and testing dates with respect to the Fukushima Diachii NPP multiple meltdowns of March 11, 2011, those detections are strongly indicated as resulting from the same due to atmospheric deposition.

Eager Lab Assistants Eager Lab Assistants

Stay away from concentrations of it and there's nothing to worry about.

CDC Radiation Emergencies | Radioisotope Brief: Cesium-137 (Cs-137)

you have to be kidding right...
geez...
don't fear radiation...
lets just disregard the facts to overcome a manifestation of a manifestation...
no one fears anything, we just know enough to understand the underlying problem...
when our homes were full of lead, we enacted a law...
when our air was contaminated in the workplace with asbestos we enacted a law...
and we removed both of these...
was that a manifestation of fear...
so when our beaches have significant levels of radiation...
what do we do....
maybe you see my point here...
many manifested fear not to re act for 40 years when they knew these things and even radon in the home was bad...

You are being radiated every second of your life. the vast, vast majority of it go's through you like crap through a goose and you never notice it in the slightest. If you fly a lot you get more exposure because the thin atmosphere at altitude doesn't protect you as well from cosmic radiation but truly, unless you are exposed to a large quantity of it...it's nothing to worry about.

Now You can Prepare...

May 21, 2014

Eager Lab Assistants Eager Lab Assistants

Stay away from concentrations of it and there's nothing to worry about.

CDC Radiation Emergencies | Radioisotope Brief: Cesium-137 (Cs-137)

We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."
- Prof. Stephen Schneider,
Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports

Not gonna die. Not a single helpless child.. Quit scaring the kiddies..

Here are the test results from your "eagerlabassistants" junior science league site..
Eager Lab Assistants Soil Project

Note that NOT ONE of those samples has a radiation rate equivalent to a granite counter top in your kitchen or even the wood framing of your building. You can find that granite is about 63Bq/Kg at this site.

The University of Michigan Health Physics Web Site: Radioactivity in Nature

Source Average annual effective dose equivalent
(�Sv) (mrem)
Inhaled (Radon and Decay Products) 2000 200
Other Internally Deposited Radionuclides 390 39
Terrestrial Radiation 280 28
Cosmic Radiation 270 27
Cosmogenic Radioactivity 10 1
Rounded total from natural source 3000 300
Rounded total from artificial Sources 600 60
Total 3600 360

This idea that we are seeing high levels of coastal radiation from Fukishima has just never been verified. Half Moon Bay (close to where I lived in Cali) had a breakout of sweat over a youtube video created by another amateur science guy...

California Tests Beach Sand for Fukushima Radiation - Around Town - Palo Alto, CA Patch

A recent YouTube video showing high levels of radiation on Surfer’s Beach in El Granada are Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) not attributable to Fukushima, according to a report from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).

“Recent tests show that elevated levels of radiation at Half Moon Bay are due to naturally occurring materials and not radioactivity associated with the Fukushima incident,” said spokeswoman Wendy Hopkins of the California Department of Public Health. “There is no public health risk at California beaches due to radioactivity related to events at Fukushima.”

San Mateo County health officials also say that after testing the sand on Dec. 27 that higher levels of radiation on Half Moon Bay and Pacifica beaches appear to be from naturally occurring minerals, typically found in coastal geology, said Dean Peterson, Director for Environmental Health Services for San Mateo County.

Beach sand is NOTORIOUS for having higher background radiation readings. Thus the high background rates in Cement and related materials.
To get an OVERVIEW of the background levels where you live -- the USGS provides THIS..

usagamma.gif

When the Scooby Doo gang starts finding soil samples HIGHER than the levels on that map -- PLEASE ALERT US.. Thanks....

PS ---- I'm not an idiot.. I live in a very high radon area and have a finished basement. So I tested the CRAP out of the house before I bought it.
Not SCARED of radiation -- but I still want to monitor and measure it...

Here are the test results from your "eagerlabassistants" junior science league site..

Note that NOT ONE of those samples has a radiation rate equivalent to a granite counter top in your kitchen or even the wood framing of your building. You can find that granite is about 63Bq/Kg at this site.

(�Sv) (mrem)
Cosmic Radiation 270 27
Total 3600 360

This idea that we are seeing high levels of coastal radiation from Fukishima has just never been verified. Half Moon Bay (close to where I lived in Cali) had a breakout of sweat over a youtube video created by another amateur science guy...

California Tests Beach Sand for Fukushima Radiation - Around Town - Palo Alto, CA Patch

A recent YouTube video showing high levels of radiation on Surfer’s Beach in El Granada are Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) not attributable to Fukushima, according to a report from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).

“Recent tests show that elevated levels of radiation at Half Moon Bay are due to naturally occurring materials and not radioactivity associated with the Fukushima incident,” said spokeswoman Wendy Hopkins of the California Department of Public Health. “There is no public health risk at California beaches due to radioactivity related to events at Fukushima.”

San Mateo County health officials also say that after testing the sand on Dec. 27 that higher levels of radiation on Half Moon Bay and Pacifica beaches appear to be from naturally occurring minerals, typically found in coastal geology, said Dean Peterson, Director for Environmental Health Services for San Mateo County.

Beach sand is NOTORIOUS for having higher background radiation readings. Thus the high background rates in Cement and related materials.
To get an OVERVIEW of the background levels where you live -- the USGS provides THIS..

usagamma.gif

When the Scooby Doo gang starts finding soil samples HIGHER than the levels on that map -- PLEASE ALERT US.. Thanks....

PS ---- I'm not an idiot.. I live in a very high radon area and have a finished basement. So I tested the CRAP out of the house before I bought it.

Yup, we live at high elevation and get more radiation from space than we get from background.

(�Sv) (mrem)
Cosmic Radiation 270 27
Total 3600 360

usagamma.gif

Yup, we live at high elevation and get more radiation from space than we get from background.

Ya sure it's cosmic and not when the wind is blowing from the Nevada test site direction?
:eusa_shifty:

they don't know what they are sure of...
one guy says he is not afraid, but he has a radon monitor...
the least harmless of all...
mammograms were ok yearly too..
now they aren't...
when will people learn...
you cant continue this accumulation effect forever,,,
goose or not...

they don't know what they are sure of...
one guy says he is not afraid, but he has a radon monitor...
the least harmless of all...
mammograms were ok yearly too..
now they aren't...
when will people learn...
you cant continue this accumulation effect forever,,,
goose or not...

Thats exactly why we measure and establish accumulated dose standards.. Just like truly clean water doesnt exist in nature and is unnatural, so it is with natural radiation levels and background exposure. Actually, without radiation as a source of evolutionary change, we might still be swinging from trees...

usagamma.gif

Ya sure it's cosmic and not when the wind is blowing from the Nevada test site direction?
:eusa_shifty:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Prevailing winds are the opposite direction! Though the Downwinders wish it weren't.:(

Forum List

Back