🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The tallest concrete obelisk in the world is 351' high and in KY. Who does it honor?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Jeff Davis hisself. The great man should be regarded as our 16th president instead of the traitor Lincoln. Mighty impressive monument. The Washington Monument is a taller obelisk but it's stone, not concrete.

Jefferson Davis State Historic Site - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

180px-Jeff_Davis_KY_monument_base.JPG
250px-Jefferson_Davis_Memorial.jpg

• Banned
I've been to this memorial. It's a very nice park, too.

Jeff was a great man which is prolly why the south lost the war. Lincoln and grant and sherman used war crime tactics while jeff and Lee fought an "honorable" war.

I've been to this memorial. It's a very nice park, too.

Jeff was a great man which is prolly why the south lost the war. Lincoln and grant and sherman used war crime tactics while jeff and Lee fought an "honorable" war.

Davis was a coward (unlike Lee). Lee at the end of the war knew that it was time for us to move forward as a nation...that includes the ENTIRE nation, north and south.

I agree about Sherman and Grant, but not when it comes to Lincoln. He was arguably the greatest president ever.

The Civil War is over and us Southerners need to move on from the past. I love the South, and would never leave it. But erecting memorials to Davis is a shame.

PS: If you don't like living the US (the Union WAS the US)...leave it. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Forum List

Back